LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Popo Chan’s Double Whammy & Trip to the Vet [Re: Tanaka] #412001 03/21/11 07:05 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
ok i got pictures of then *** now i need a picture of your set up from a distance NOW...something newer as well and a close up please and its not one foot its the toes mostly...an yes kksuns i do have a sharp eye when im limited with internet on examining a situation to a sick bird...i cant do it in person and this is quite limiting...

tanaka will u go to private pm about all the questions i will be asking....???

Edited
what else is new...tanaka i forget to say things often an come back to edit you may in the future just want to double check on that issue with me

ok stainless steel should if high grade not show the signs of dullness and tarnish, that some of the area which is limited to what i can see does show...a good quality of stainless will always remain a polished look and so this from what i can see leaves a bit to be desired...and has more of the other metals in it that make up stainless steel. im on a different mindset track right now regarding a few things...so if we can go private it will be better

dang i wish lisa would fix these syntax errors that keep popping up in my face and shutting me down...its really annoying now.

Edited againnnn lol shup kk

tanaka get those dang perches made of wood and screwed onto the side of the cages OUT that dont go all the way across a cage...those are real good at causing injuries of all sorts especially during nite frights so please remove them as that may have been what initially caused this eye injury...thanks

i do however like what you did with the ladders to compensate for vertical bars...nice job

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/21/11 09:05 PM.
Re: Popo Chan’s Double Whammy & Trip to the Vet [Re: kksuns] #412054 03/22/11 06:14 AM
Tanaka Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
[size:11pt][b]Kksuns & Illusive Fantasy (and anyone else out there :) !), Sorry, I’m a really slow typist so I can’t respond now. :crazy: I’m soon heading to a different vet to get that second opinion, but please take a look at this site. It shows "my" cages & lists them as “[u]stainless steel[/u]” (it’s the cage on the left side pictured with a light blue bottom):[/b][/size] :) [url=http://en.item.rakuten.com/wellonshop/465i-s/]Dango Chan & Popo Chan's Cage[/url]

Peace & Happiness
Re: Popo Chan’s Double Whammy & Trip to the Vet [Re: Tanaka] #412055 03/22/11 06:30 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
omg you have got to be kidding me on that price....i want to know whats in the rice lol...thats outrageous a price.

good luck at the vet

im headed off for the nite...sorry we couldnt get it together

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/22/11 06:31 AM.
Re: Popo Chan’s Double Whammy & Trip to the Vet [Re: illusive Fantasy] #412058 03/22/11 12:29 PM
Tanaka Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
[size:11pt][b] Jackpot. Bingo. And yippity-doo-dah. . .or something like that! :grin: Popo Chan & I went to vet number two (the one I mentioned before who was recommended to me by the taxi driver who took me & Popo Chan to the first vet). This second vet works with, among other animals, exotic pets & has extensive knowledge & past experience with budgies (sigh of relief! :) ). Not only that, but he studied toxicology in animals for 20 years & at that time worked as a chemist developing drugs/remedies for animals prior to opening his veterinary practice 10 years ago. :whistle: I asked him about possible heavy metal poisoning, Popo Chan’s foot/toes & any other possible health concerns he might have about Popo Chan. He examined her food first & asked about her consumption of fresh fruits or vegetables. He was also interested in her general disposition & character. He examined her poop :blush: & said it looked healthy. He then gave Popo Chan a good examination & finally said vitamin deficiency is the most probable cause of Popo Chan’s strange feather condition. I told him that was the same diagnosis as the first vet (I didn’t tell him what the previous vet had said about the feather condition until AFTER he gave me his diagnosis, however, I did show him the medicine for Popo’s healed eyelid and explained her previous trouble). He recommended Popo Chan begin taking a vitamin supplement, and that’s when I broke out the Nekton-S / Nekton-BIO printout I brought along :cool: . He said that either would be a good starting point for Popo Chan & was even able to direct me to a pet store which carries them! Popo will have to wait until next weekend when I’ll have the chance to go and pick some up for her. With the vitamins & coming full spectrum light treatment, I hope Popo Chan will get back to her old non-hairy self! :) OH! And Popo Chan even got a laminated ID card with her details & photo. . . Looks like a driver’s license! Good thing I don’t have a car or I might find it missing one day![/b][/size] :D

Peace & Happiness
Re: Popo Chan’s Double Whammy & Trip to the Vet [Re: Tanaka] #412060 03/22/11 02:29 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
rofl Picturing Popo Chan at the wheel and Dango Chan working the gas! hahahaha Later mom, be back by 10!

WOW Tanaka, that is such great news!!! Sounds like the vet knew what he was talking about..and for them BOTH to come to the same conclusion....
Good thing you ended up in that particular taxi huh? Thanks taxi driver man! lol
Even better there's a pet store there where you can get the Nekton and not have to order online and wait. Even your waiting til the weekend will probably be faster than ordering online.
I would go with the Nekton Bio specifically formulated for healthy feathers. And if you think about it, if one has a vitamin deficiency the other probably does too.
There is a thread here somewhere titled "Good Foods". You should check it out..it mentions different things-seeds, grains, herbs and spices..dehydrated veggies.. you can get to add to their diet that are very good for them. Who knows..some of them you might already have right there in your own kitchen smile

I checked out your cage link. Looks good to me. I couldn't tell what the measurements are in inches tho? But stainless steel is fine. The price however O M G!!!!!!!

Gotta run for now. I'll check in later.
Don't be a stranger huh? Come back and keep us updated and just join in in general. You've been missed wink

Re: Popo Chan’s Double Whammy & Trip to the Vet [Re: Tanaka] #412070 03/22/11 04:24 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i agree on the nekton bio...and right now living where you are...id really not use the water or veggies for obvious reasons...for quite sometime get bottled spring water...as they are saying your milk/water/veggies are unsafe with radiation in them...and farmers are gonna need to destroy veggies and discard milk

and kk regarding your questions ...take it away ...its alllll yours now....have fun...bout time...ya git yer feet wet too....gotta go find something light for chow...cyaaaa lol

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/22/11 04:45 PM.
Re: Popo Chan’s Double Whammy & Trip to the Vet [Re: Tanaka] #412113 03/22/11 09:59 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
these pictures of feather problems to valuable to get lost just yet so folks can see what happens with low light an A& D deficiences

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 03/22/11 10:20 PM.
Re: Popo Chan’s Double Whammy & Trip to the Vet [Re: Tanaka] #412157 03/23/11 03:00 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I agree, I don't think anyone really got a chance to even see this thread before it got buried. Keet owners should be aware of these things
Thanks Tanaka for sharing this!!
illusive brings up good points, again, regarding the use of the vegs and water after all that's been going on there Tanaka. Is it hard to get bottled water now? i imagine it is frown And I would just stay away from vegs all together for now.

Along with the Nekton Bio and full spectrum light for feathers you might also want to get something like Petamine breeding formula http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=774 or Abba eggfood mix(which I call the BOMB lol) https://www.birdsupplynh.com/catalog/pro...a5c758bf5fe4324
for added protein during molts and stress times. And since Popo Chan's feathers are obviously not healthy and I would think there is stress going on as well....it would be a good idea

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
New Parakeet
by Waqa11 - 02/07/20 05:23 PM
Free Online Watercolor Courses
by Lisa Shea - 01/24/20 11:22 PM
Fake Babies?
by Lisa Shea - 01/24/20 11:16 PM
origami crane earrings
by Lisa Shea - 01/24/20 11:12 PM
suffocating a rat in a dream
by Lisa Shea - 01/24/20 11:11 PM
The "Beloved Disciple" - Was Not Mary Magdalene
by Lisa Shea - 01/24/20 11:10 PM
Free Ebooks
by Lisa Shea - 01/24/20 10:58 PM
Do you practice tsundoku?
by Lisa Shea - 01/24/20 10:58 PM
Forums Upgraded to 7.7.3
by Lisa Shea - 01/24/20 10:55 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site