LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: Coco's Mama] #382775 09/04/09 09:05 PM
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
I applaud your talent, your courage to seek criticism, and your willingness to accept it, and your determination to develop your talent with skill and vision.

Sherby'sMom, that was good of you to share your expertise. And everyone had good advice, I think.

Marge is the love of my life.
Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: Carl] #382786 09/04/09 09:27 PM
peepers14 Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
can you post some more pictures? and do you only draw people or can ya draw anything? if you really want to try something challenging, draw a keet!

I Luv Budgies!
Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welc [Re: Coco's Mama] #382802 09/04/09 09:51 PM
**mattie** Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Originally Posted By: Coco's Mama
I have my B.A. in Art.

Congratulations!

Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: peepers14] #382817 09/04/09 10:35 PM
CassandraM_89 Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Originally Posted By: peepers14
can you post some more pictures? and do you only draw people or can ya draw anything? if you really want to try something challenging, draw a keet!

It's SO funny that you mention that because I have actually attempted to draw a keet awhile back, I dug the old notepad out of the closet and took a pic of it with my Iphone, sorry for the bad quality laugh

I flooked on the tail though, I know there aren't THAT many feathers lol

Originally Posted By: carl
I applaud your talent, your courage to seek criticism, and your willingness to accept it, and your determination to develop your talent with skill and vision.

Thank you, I was a dancer for a few years from 14 to 18 and it taught me that criticism is to help improve you and not to hurt you or bring you down, what would the world be without criticism? Everyone should strive to be better at what they love doing I say

Last edited by KassieM; 09/04/09 10:39 PM.

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: CassandraM_89] #382822 09/04/09 10:57 PM
**mattie** Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Love the budgie!
It looks perfect to me--just perfect the beak a little bit.
Other than that, awesome!!
smile smile

Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: **mattie**] #382852 09/05/09 01:36 AM
S
Sherby'sMom Offline
Companion
Companion
S
If you check out that book I'd love to know what you think, and see some pics afterwards. I know it helped my drawing. It also helps you understand how the brain works and why drawing can seem so difficult sometimes.

Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: Sherby'sMom] #382928 09/05/09 05:39 AM
CassandraM_89 Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
I will most definitely check out the book as soon as possible smile thanks so much for the suggestion!

By the way I remembered one of you said people avoid hands so I thought I would try my hand (no pun intended) on hands lol

I took a picture of my own to get an idea, tell me watcha think!

Last edited by KassieM; 09/05/09 06:46 AM.

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: CassandraM_89] #382997 09/05/09 01:43 PM
Coco's Mama Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Good job, wow you are on a roll, and people do avoid hands.

I remember even in my high school art class, that we posed for each other and at the end the teacher said " how did you all draw these because no one has hands?" All the pics had some sort of shading or mitten like shape but just faded out at the hands it was really interesting, to see.
The next project was to draw you left hand with your right or vice versa. I think the whole class moaned simultaneously at the idea.
I bet if you take classes, and give the same amount of time to hands as the rest of the figure, you will be noticed.

Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: Coco's Mama] #383018 09/05/09 04:46 PM
peepers14 Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
your lucky you have a gift like that

I Luv Budgies!
Re: A few drawings I made, critics and advice welcome! [Re: peepers14] #383152 09/06/09 06:31 AM
CassandraM_89 Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Thanks for all the sweet comments and advice, Coco's Mama, I'll try the left hand right hand thing smile I'm curious lol

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site