LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: animalfriend] #367511 05/20/09 08:39 PM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
grrrrr

my god this do es not end.

if someone addresses me publically and asks me questions or accuses me of something publically i most certainly will defend myself PUBLICALLY and with much GUSTO...

tweety ... its all good ... i was just trying to understand when and how i made you feel stupid if i did ... it was never my intention to do so and i am pretty sure i havent so i was asking you to show me when this happened ...if it ididnt then thats fine but if it idd then i need to know about it. I can not do something about something if i am not aware of its happening lol

tanaka smile well done smile i understand but do you see how one post became all this???? there is alot of history here that you may not be aware of, as you arent here all the time and thats ok, but we are not a rude or mean bunch of people here ... so if we are upset about something its ussually for a good reason.

tweety i do not want you to leave ... no one thinks you are a troll even the person who said it has apologized and moved on.

Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: Tanaka] #367520 05/20/09 08:54 PM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I truly feel that Tanaka was trying to help. I was here also for the original "post" where the "rainbow" reference was used regarding suspected "troll like" comments. I was not informed by anyone that it was the "friendlier" code word for indicating suspected trolls.

In the following week I saw someone else besides myself question if it was being used in reference to our posts. Another person, was offended and got hurt feelings.

It might have started out as a alternative to announceing a suspected "troll" but an alternative would have been to PM the suspected troll or "notify".

When the rules are posted everyone knows what something means or how to handle things. Only a few knew of this and I agree it has seen it's day.

The recommended way to "deal" with trolls according to the web site that was published pretty much said that responding "publicly" and feeding the reactions is "NOT" the way to do it.

The problem with a word like "rainbow" that insinuates something is that it "CAN" be misunderstood.

Frankly, if everyone read that web site, Trolls sometimes don't even know they are doing it.

In my opinion, if we all worried more about other's feelings and less about our own, none of us would have "Troll" like behavior, including myself.

We can't hear the inflection nor can we see the expression on anyone's face on here. That is why we have diplomacy. We also don't need to reinvent the wheel. If enough posts about suspected behavior get sent to Lisa and PDM they will respond appropriately. We may not know about it but we can be sure the happiness of this forum is even more important to them than to us.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: joandboys] #367546 05/20/09 09:40 PM
Dixie&Miss' Mama Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
I KNOW!!! CAN WE JUST STOP!!! THIS FIGHTING IS getting us no where. Just drop it off. & same with Pudgie's Mom. I'm going to probably just call it a bit of quits for a while off of this forum. Good day.

Birds - Missy & Dixie
Fish - Chai-Chai

smile
Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: ] #367557 05/20/09 10:08 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: Pudgie's mom

I think it needs to be said that "hijacking" a thread with rainbow comments was a form of social protest. Sounds overstated, but it's true --- many, many people had already cried "troll" to no avail; many people have PMed the alleged troll, and many people have PMed PDM about repeated troll-type posts, to no avail. As TuckyChic said,
Originally Posted By: KentuckyChicken
I think everyone here needs to realize how much and many people IM people to ask them nicely to stop trolling and you know what, out of respect for members of this forum they should, period.

Joandboys, apparently you missed my point (or you have me on ignore mode or whatever). You (and other people too, evidently) aren't getting the key point: many members have taken all the right steps to lodge many complaints and concerns, regarding post after post, and nothing has been done (except for several public reprimands about not posting without sources/data/facts).

I think your sentence about how we should worry about other people's feelings, not our own, belongs in the religion section. The issue right here, right now, is how to resolve an ongoing conflict.

Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: Dixie&Miss' Mama] #367564 05/20/09 10:14 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: Dixie&Miss' Mama
& same with Pudgie's Mom.
I would like an explanation of this. I can't understand what this means, and I am angry that my name is invoked in an incomprehensible way. I also want to know how the vet visit went with that poor bird (you stated publicly in a post about a week or two ago that you had an appt. at the avian vet for May 19th.) I also want to know when you will buy a non-toxic, large cage, and toys for the birds.

Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: ] #367566 05/20/09 10:17 PM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
yes she said her appointment was the 19th ... that was yesterday ... did you go to the vet ?

Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: ] #367569 05/20/09 10:19 PM
N
noobataur Offline
Companion
Companion
N
make a new thread? kthx.

Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: ] #367670 05/21/09 01:10 AM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I didn't miss anything, including your post dripping with condescention. I don't need anyone least of all you to recommend where my posts should appear or not appear. Let's just put it out there...I don't like your style and you don't like my style. Despite that fact, you are not going to discourage me from posting on controversial subjects with your jackboot critique of my posts as being uninformed or missing the point. I will just wipe the drool off my chin and try to pay better attention.

I am not as soft as you think, I just have the ability to see past the unimportant drivel and enough mistakes under my belt to not be driven by my ego.

Why don't you give it a rest and stop flexing your debate muscles on me every time I have an opinion. It really is so obvious to everyone who reads your posts. Your favorite thing to criticise besides my soft side is how this forum is run, and that is so tired. If you can do it so much better why don't you create one and do it.

I refuse to get sucked into another discussion with you where you decide what the real issue is.

I think the only real issue here is people making their own rules when there are already rules in place. Who elected you the judge of when it isn't working anyway? I am sure they don't check in with you everytime they enforce a rule. That doesn't mean that PDM and Lisa are sitting on their duffs and doing nothing.

It is really old hearing you bash how this forum is run every time some controversy rears it's ugly head.

Now it's your chance, make it a good one because I won't be commenting in return. Oh and don't forget to mention something derogatory about my soft side.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: joandboys] #367671 05/21/09 01:13 AM
*helwa
Unregistered
*helwa
Unregistered
pudgie ... just ignore it.

Re: "RAINBOWING" People. . .Time To STOP??? [Re: ] #367677 05/21/09 01:25 AM
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate
Silver Star Soulmate
Yes, ignore the comment. Issues about danger to birds and/or animals are important. Feelings are also important. And, indeed, some of us rub others wrong. I rub several people wrong, I know.

Marge is the love of my life.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Please help Georgie & me!!!!!!!
by Georgie71 - 06/17/20 06:40 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site