LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69679 12/29/06 05:01 AM
AnswerIs0utThere Offline
At school in my apartment Zoe is in my bedroom and shares my desk with me. It's got a flat area where my computer is and then there's a three tiered shelving space to the left, she's on top. She's able to watch me while I'm typing and whatnot.

At home she's in the open hallway upstairs. She can see all over the house from there, including into my bedroom when the door is open.

No themes but lots of windows everywhere! She always answers the birds she hears when I'm at school. There's a small garden with bird feeders outside the windows on the other side of the room.

Kat
>^.^<
----------
Cora (RIP)
&
Zoe - Avatar
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69680 12/29/06 05:03 AM
ILoveMyKeets Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I keep my keets wherever I am. At night they are in the bedroom with me and then during the day they are in the living room with me.

Blue Aug 06(Rip7-28-07)
Kikko Aug 06
Jinx Sept 06
Marley Oct 06
Lola Oct 06
Sunshine Dec 06
Angel X-Mas 06
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69681 12/29/06 05:13 AM
W
WitchCatXeen Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
W
Aww... sounds like a lot of your guys keep your keets mobile smile

My cage isn't easily mobile, as its got a heated perch and it would be hard to move them about the house - but one of my house mates isn't too fond of animals anyway.

Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths - Muhammad Ali
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69682 12/29/06 09:11 AM
Robyn Offline
Companion
Companion
2 birds - Daughter's room
2 birds - My room
2 birds - Livingroom

They can free fly 12 hours per day if they choose.

Robyn

Robyn
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69683 12/29/06 03:07 PM
T
theDad Offline
T
Ours are in a 18x18x30 that hangs from a 6' floor stand in the downstairs family rooom which pretty much makes up the bottom half of the house. On my next day off I'm installing a 7' shelf that will hang from the ceiling by chains that the cage will sit on. It'll put them up a little higher than they are now.

cool theDad

Daddy voted to name them "Hurst" & "Jaws"; my daughters voted for Dora and Periwinkle. Daddy lost the vote.
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69684 12/29/06 03:24 PM
Cetan Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
My babies are in the living room; we live in an apartment and the livingroom has on wall which is all glass and a sliding glass door to a balcony. Their cages are on top of an open shelf unit next to the glass; the apartment stays quite warm in the winter (we dont have to pay for heat) and it is a north exposure so no direct sun to overheat them in the summer. They can look out (we're on the second floor) and see the river and there is a tree right outside which has their friends, the squirrels, living in it, the squirrels and all sorts of birds come on the balcony and eat the seed I put out for them. They have a lamp on a timer next to them (so if we get home late they are not in the dark) and can watch their TV (which is also on a timer for them) when they are home alone - OK so they are spoiled rotten. My partner arranged all the furniture and our computer desk so no matter where you are in the room you have to be looking at the babies.

Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69685 12/29/06 03:37 PM
di Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
my keets are in my room but they folllow me werevr i go.

Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69686 12/29/06 03:43 PM
C
Candice Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
C
I keep mine in my room, but I cant mofer her cage much. she bites if I get near her so I can't let her out til she is done molting.

Pretty bird, Mango, Belle, Duke, Romo, Bunny[?], snickers, crayon, hotwheel.
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69687 12/29/06 04:18 PM
SillyBird Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Mew; Molting can take a couple of weeks too a couple of months. I suggest that you keep on hand training her before she grows as a wild parakeet.

Just a suggestion smile

Peachy&#9829;05|20|07 [lovebird]
Missy&#9829;05|23|09 [cat]
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69688 12/29/06 09:39 PM
MindyO Offline
Friend
Friend
I keep Kitty in the Sunroom which is really part of the living room of my one-bedroom apartment. In the sunroom part of the living room there are two windows. When I first got her I din't know about covering three sides of the cage. So she looked out of the windows frequently and chirped at the birds outside. The windows look over the recreation area with a few people, their pets, the wild birds, etc.

My bedroom is way too small to put her. My computer is in my bedroom but recently I pulled out my laptop and can connect to the world in the big chair next to Kitty's cage.

I am concerned when she is tamed and I let her out. I have many collectibles and breakables. smile

Mindy \:\)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site