Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Where do you keep your keets? #69669 12/28/06 11:30 PM
W
WitchCatXeen Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
W
I haven't seen this topic before and thought it would be fun to describe where we all keep our keets!

Mine are in the bedroom I share with my roommate. Its a huge room. It used to be a double car garage, back in the 70s, before roommate's parents bought the house. After that its been the family room, costume shop, and other things. Now its our main hangout. Its got our bed, futon, big screen TV, musical instruments, everything but the kitchen sink and bathroom LOL

There's lots of flying space. There is one wall that was put up recently to divide the computer area from the rest of the room, but they navigate around it pretty well.

And the walls are GREEEEN. Ohhh so pretty and soothing smile

I have an obsession with changing things around a lot (curse of a Gemini!), so their cage gets moved to a new location sometimes, but I try to keep them central, so they can see me whether I'm at the TV or the puter...

We have carpeting and I try not to let them hang out on the floor cause I'm paranoid about them getting stepped on, or eating something bad off the carpet.

Does anybody else let their keets run amuck on the carpet? Mine prefer flying and being high up, I think smile

Okay, next!

Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths - Muhammad Ali
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69670 12/28/06 11:37 PM
B
birdfriend Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
B
I keep my keets in my bedroom too! It's a huge room with plenty of window so and they are on a tall table so they can look outside and get some sunlight.

This is also a really good room for them because it's pretty much bird-friendly. I keep a washable tarp on the floor so I can clean up their poop easily and so they don't chew on the carpet and accidentally swallow something.

I'll see if I can get a picture of where they are later! smile

Kiwi*8-23-05
Blueberry*9-9-06
Gizmo*11-11-06
Ollie*4-7-07
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69671 12/28/06 11:40 PM
Coco's Mama Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
Mine are in the family room someone is usu. there watching the tube it's the longest largest room, the cage is near the fireplace ( not woodburning) on a tv tray.lol Lunch?
My keet doen't really come out much but she escaped once ( weel not much of an escape i was there the whole time) and she found her towel under the cage just waddled around.

Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69672 12/28/06 11:40 PM
W
WitchCatXeen Offline OP
Good Friend
OP Offline
Good Friend
W
Ohh I'd love to have lots of windows, but my roommate is like a hermit :-/

We have one big 8 foot window that lets in lots of light. Its been closed for a long time though cause its been too cloudy/rainy/cold and it seems to let the cold in with the curtain open.

Oh, I almost forgot! Our room has an Asian theme smile

Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths - Muhammad Ali
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69673 12/28/06 11:43 PM
Ophelia And Natalie Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
My bedroom, just a regular bedroom. That's where the cage is for most of the day, but we put her in the kitchen when we eat, and I take her to the computer room sometimes. Ophelia is mobile.

Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69674 12/28/06 11:58 PM
TigerBluEyez Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
My birds are in the computer room with me, which is where I spend a ton of my time. I work from the house so I'm almost always home. It works out pretty well smile

Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69675 12/29/06 12:22 AM
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Tin Star Soulmate
We have a large room that is finished in our basement and it has a large window plus a small window besides all the canned lights in the ceiling (12 of them) We have 4 large cages that we built in this room plus our computers my sewing machines my keyboard a couch and a chair plus a tv and then there is Lucky's store bought cage and some other things. The birds have a tree that sits on the floor that my husband made for them (a big tree branch on a board that sits on the floor) plus I have a real bird bath for them (a plastic one but its one that you would use outside for birds) The birds have free reign over the room from early morning until its their bed time. They come and go out of the cages as they please. This room is also bird safe as my husband made a screen door for the room the cats get to look in but they can't get in and the birds can't get out.

My mom's two birds are in her living room area of our house and right now I have 2 birds in my bedroom I'm working on teaching them to talk hopefully. So usually there are 13 birds in the room downstairs. We are in this room most of the time as well.

My name is Connie
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69676 12/29/06 04:11 AM
shadow 226 Offline
Companion
Companion
my keets are every where i go (exept school) so there mobile to

minnie:10/20/06
tweety:12/26/06

dates adopted
Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69677 12/29/06 04:37 AM
Iris Offline
Companion
Companion
My cage's sitting in the corner of the living room. That way the bird can spy on us anytime and watch TV smile

Re: Where do you keep your keets? #69678 12/29/06 04:37 AM
SillyBird Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
My babies are all in my bedroom smile I have a big window witch lets in plenty of light during the day, I have my computer, a T.V and my bed (of course.. lol). It's not a HUGE room, buts its enough for them to fly and wander around :)They and of course I love it, its comfortable and southing smile

Cool topic WitchCatXeen smile

Peachy♥05|20|07 [lovebird]
Missy♥05|23|09 [cat]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site