Print Thread
I JUST HAVE TO BRAG #425146 10/14/12 11:51 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
I am sooooooooooo amazed crazy...after our deep freeze where temps went down to 26 degrees here two days ago and with stiff winds too, for hours an hours...i still have my pepper plants and tomatoes too...

i was up most of the nite watching as temps plumeted and thought no way ..this is waaaaaaaay to cold and with a brisk wind too....it lasted many hours as well...my heart sunk sick...then i said oh well to myself, nothing ventured nothing gained, you had to try.

i lost only one half of a yellow pepper thats it...NOTHING else..even flowers still on the pepper plants...and the leaves are not showing any signs of suffering at alllll...

i did cover them all good the nite of the freeze and left them still covered all day yesterday and last nite...however, when i went out a half hour ago...and uncovered...can you imagine my surprise...

i NEVER thought covering them good would of saved them from such a freeze...so ill still be picking peppers and tomatoes... laugh

and right now a nice lite rain is falling to water them... blush

thank you thank you to the powers that be grin whistle

we still have a week showing of decent temps too and indian summer hasnt arrived yet ... laugh

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 10/14/12 12:03 PM.
Re: I JUST HAVE TO BRAG [Re: illusive Fantasy] #425150 10/14/12 05:35 PM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
We cover pots and they do not freeze hardly ever in October and even some years into November. What really kills them off for good is the ground turning cold and firming up by freezing. Poof! They all die once that happens.

Re: I JUST HAVE TO BRAG [Re: illusive Fantasy] #425151 10/14/12 07:29 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
these pepper plants tess are four feet high an this wasnt a mild freeze it was 26 degrees for over 12 hours with a stiff wind which should of wind burnt them too...

its been raining for over a week so soil was also very wet...and should of froze good in the pots ...or to some degree for sure, as the entire four foot plants were only **about with three feet of cover i could manage with large opening at bottom of it all...so basically it was only top canopied.

yah rained on my alleluiah parade tess... cry

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 10/14/12 07:36 PM.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site