Page 1 of 2 1 2
Presidential Debate TONIGHT #424946 10/03/12 06:21 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline OP
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i cant wait ...lol...its sureeeeee gonna get interesting and i bet heated at times....

probably even in this forum if comments are posted...

just watch body language...and who repeats things the most...that to me is like a sign of desparation they cant find anything else to make the other look bad giggle...however, again i bet ya see some of that anyway by each...

gonna be a very interesting nite on tv for me anyway.

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 10/03/12 06:26 PM.
Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: illusive Fantasy] #424953 10/03/12 11:20 PM
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Illusive there's a movie I would like you to watch sometime - "God Bless America" - it has Joel Murray and Tara Lynn Blair. It's a "Dark Comedy" or a "Shadowy Satire" but it's great.

By the way you may just know, what is a right wing conservative anyway? I always think of hitler but I await your response.

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: illusive Fantasy] #424956 10/04/12 12:28 AM
I
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i wont get into opinions about this sort of thing especially where hitler comes into it....this sort of topic to me would end up being a head butt contest mostly...and i TRY to avoid that.

i also think the word "conservative" explains things

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 10/04/12 04:06 AM.
Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: illusive Fantasy] #424959 10/04/12 04:21 AM
I
Platinum Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
well i must say that did not quite go as expected it to...

first off i give points to both for keeping it all cival...

i take points away for both of them ignoring time constraints to their comments but...that moderator has got to be the worst i have ever seen as well for NOT keeping BOTH of them in line and they both discovered his inability to do so very early and continued to abuse this.

next Obama was flat had no fire in his belly was like a battle fatiqued soldier, burnt out, and he cant do that as a president. I kept waiting for him to suddenly "wake up" and get into it all...that never happened.

even before the analyst gave their reviews i was in total agreement with them that Romney won this one easily...altho...he still hedged on solutions for some issues for sure...but did offer some...just not many.

i also have to give him his dues regarding health care in Ma...where i live...that being said however, here is the difference of us from other states and why it does work here...and wouldnt in other states with their present rates.

we are one of the single highest states to pay taxes...known as "TAXachusetts".

we also have one of the highest cost of living issues here than in other states, thereby making jobs with a higher wage benefit than most soooo..that said...

we pay our way for the improvements that we get...it didnt just all get handed to massachusetts folks with govt subsidies...

we realize to get things you have to pay for them it is not a wave of a magic wand here that our govt does...the people themselves in this state take responsibility for that...and ALWAYS have....

its the same with our school systems and the individual towns or cities having to come up with the cost to improve.

other than that...Romney here has been a joke...he is not responsible for any job increases here...among other things.

but tonight ...it all went Romney way...the president i have no clue where his head was tonight in the debate...but it wasnt where it should of been...like i said he was flat, almost boring, and looking burnt out.

Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: illusive Fantasy] #424961 10/04/12 10:16 AM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
The President looked exhausted and disengaged. Romney looked and sounded like someone who has never worked a day in his life but knows how to tell others how to do it.

How to tell if they are lying...easy...their mouths are moving.

Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: illusive Fantasy] #424964 10/04/12 01:43 PM
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
wink Good move, most "Conservatives" make that decision. I'm not sure whether it's because they are not sure if their unsure whether they know what (*^%%$# they stand for or if their just scared to defend it.

As a person who has debated this subject with students and fellow forum members several thousand times I will tell you that my Grandfather is the most conservative man I know but he is one of the most generous, caring and democraticly swayed voters still living. My wife and I are extremely conservative but we give ten percent to the salvation army because as a child I would have gone hungry and cold without them at times.

"Right Wing" does not mean conservative and it never has thus it means something else especially in today's world namely OPPRESSION for anyone that is considered poor, or middle class, so unless your in the top 10%, like Romney, your just a pawn.

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: tessboss] #424965 10/04/12 01:53 PM
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
Unlike romney I'm sure that Obama had a full days worth of other work to contend with. Imagine working the single most stressful job in the world and then going to a debate after you've been awake for twenty-four hours.

There should be a suspension of Presidential Duty in order to campaign I mean here we have a man that was handed the single largest mess, by the last republican/conservative, in history except for FDR and he's required to waste his time to debate with a BrownCoat like a romney.

Anyone from Massachussetts should know what a mess he made out of that state.

Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: illusive Fantasy] #424989 10/04/12 11:31 PM
Lisa Shea Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
As you guys know I avoid watching debates but I do read the summaries of what was said and what the issues were.

It is interesting to me in reading the various reviews that many people simply seem to entrench. Those who adore Obama are vociferous in proclaiming that of course he won. Those who adore Romney say the same thing. So they aren't watching the debates as much as simply triumphing their side. To me that's a shame. Certainly one can have preferences, but isn't it helpful to listen with an open mind?

It feels disheartening to me to read the various web reviews that are 100% X or 100% Y, as if there is no way to evaluate a middle ground.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: illusive Fantasy] #424990 10/04/12 11:35 PM
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
Had quite a discussion today about the debate and the election. Here in MI we are largely a manufacturing state. A couple of people including my husband make a living doing something related to the auto business.

Hubby and his shop buddies all looked back at the last 20 years or so and could not believe what they discovered. Whenever a republican was in office the men were laid off or the plants/shops closed their doors. When a democrat was in office they had good jobs and no one got laid off or any of the shops closed in those years.

During the Bush years, the first shop that closed was family owned and closed after 40 years in the business, the next company closed after 30 years in business, and the last two the same. My husband has moved 4 times in 8 years, and he never left on his own, the companies closed. Every one of the guys had the same experience in those 8 years.

It was quite eye opening, and it held true for all of them. So, I am really hoping Romney doesn't get elected or all of us will have husbands looking for work again.

Re: Presidential Debate TONIGHT [Re: illusive Fantasy] #424995 10/05/12 12:01 AM
Lisa Shea Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Dear Tessboss -

I believe Carter was president from 1977 - 1981 - and didn't Chrysler have huge issues, including laying off 50,000 jobs, in 1979? Or am I mis-remembering that timeline?

Last edited by Lisa Shea; 10/05/12 12:02 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Lisa Shea, Owner
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site