P
preciousbaby Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
P
smile
Hi All!
Blossie had her annual wellness check today. I am so proud of her, because, if you don't know, Blossie steps-up when she wants to. She had always been very independent and really never liked hands at all. She doesn't mind me cleaning her cage and feeding etc...except she does get mad at times and sounds like a dolphin. (no other way to explain it).
So we go to her vet and she got weighed. She wouln't stay on the scale so we weighed the scale and then she perched on top. She weighed a whopping 30 grams and she has been the same weight for two years. The vet was very pleased as Blossom is a very tiny slender budgie. Even as a baby, she was a little runt. Her feathers are glowing due to the organic seed diet that she has been on for one year. She isn't too thin and her muscle tone is good because she has free flight and managed about three times around the exam room before the vet entered. She stayed on my shoulder and under my chin which was so uncharacteristic for Blossie. I believe she was frightened and decided I better hang around the one I know the best...me! She let the doctor exam her and she didn't bite or fuss at all. She was the absolute best little girl in the world. I am so proud of her behavior. She had a great visit and I just wanted to share that. Her vet was very happy that she was on an all organic diet and no commercial seed mix!

I love this tiny creature with all my heart and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone.

Thanks for reading!

PB

Last edited by preciousbaby; 10/23/11 12:32 AM.

Re: Blossom's Wellness Checkup [Re: preciousbaby] #419628 10/23/11 01:10 AM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Glad to hear that Blossom had a great checkup! I can see in my head, her flying around an exam room. LOL

Re: Blossom's Wellness Checkup [Re: preciousbaby] #419630 10/23/11 01:34 AM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
sounds to me like blossie first needed to examine the exam room giggle.

she sounds like a little button you feeding that kid giggle... laugh

well now you have to officially enter blossie on the BIRDS WEIGHT research thread, under health and medical section is where you can find that,.... with her wellness check weight ..and her age...,.her sex and her type...of american budgie.....wish you would get some pictures uploaded as well woman!!! you could have her picture there too following the criteria for that thread to do that.

seems she trust you if she was hiding under your chin i think you may just need to trust her more to form that bond... wink

oh and why dont you also in that thread when you post ...let folks know the cost of a wellness check in there at the same time. smile

thank you smile

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 10/23/11 01:35 AM.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Freemasons and the Da Vinci Code
by EVA21SA - 01/18/21 07:40 AM
Total Freedom
by EVA21SA - 01/16/21 08:52 AM
Matthew 12:40
by EVA21SA - 01/16/21 08:45 AM
What does this dream mean?
by vicyclethree - 01/14/21 06:57 PM
Bravo
by EVA21SA - 01/09/21 08:27 PM
Confused about direct descendent (spoilers)
by EVA21SA - 01/09/21 08:27 PM
One male has mated two females...
by EVA21SA - 12/22/20 09:07 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site