Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! #417590 09/05/11 11:47 AM
Tanaka Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
[size:11pt][b]We just got back from another visit to the vet (the first fiasco was back in March for an eye infection & feather condition).[/b][/size] :eek: [url=http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/411975/Popo_Chan_s_Double_Whammy_Trip#Post411975]Popo Chan's First Vet Trip (In March 2011)[/url] [size:11pt][b] For the past two weeks, Popo Chan has had a very strange pink “bubble” forming directly flush to her lower beak (about the size of a shelled peanut). :eek: I’d been keeping an eye on it, hoping that it would subside, but it just hasn’t.[/b] [/size] :( [img]http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n337/Guregoreo/01.jpg[/img] [img]http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n337/Guregoreo/02.jpg[/img] [img]http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n337/Guregoreo/03.jpg[/img] [img]http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n337/Guregoreo/04.jpg[/img] [size:11pt][b]Through this, her character hasn’t changed at all, in fact, if anything, she’s become more lovey-dovey, tilting her head for scratches, sitting with me for longer periods of time & running around actively playing on her cage top. Today, I was prepared for the worst, expecting the vet to say she had a tumor :o , but hoping he’d say it was an infection. We took our taxi ride to the vet, Dango Chan waiting at home nervously for the two of us to return home (that’s how I see it anyway!). ;) At the vet, the doctor explained he needed to do a biopsy to see what was the problem. “Oh, (insert favorite expletive)!!” :o I thought when he took out a needle to explain what he needed to do. Of course, it involved Popo’s little balloon getting carefully lanced by the needle :sick: & extracting some of the “stuff” from inside. I told him I was concerned about her bleeding after the procedure, but he said there shouldn’t be much blood at all (he was right). Just a very small drop slowly formed. I said a silent prayer as Popo quietly underwent the procedure (not a peep). The vet spent some time examining the small amount of extracted fluids in a back room. Later, he said he believes the lump is an abscess :eek: & that is what we’ll first treat her for. She has been prescribed an antibiotic called “Josamy Syrup” twice daily (Which he said is very sweet & birds love). As scared as Popo was through all of this, she actually seemed to like the medicine when the vet administered it to her. :) The vet said to give this medicine to her for about two weeks, and to then bring her back in if there is no improvement. Well, Popo Chan, clearly frazzled by the experience, nibbled at her food when we got home & is now quietly resting on her perch. :) I hope she’ll soon be back normal (well, as “normal” as a little yellow budgie who barks like a dog can get :crazy: ). Please keep your feathers crossed for my little girl!![/b][/size] :)

Peace & Happiness
Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: Tanaka] #417591 09/05/11 12:03 PM
wise Offline
Companion
Companion
Poor popo chan,wish she recover very soon. Did the vet tell u the reason for the lump?

Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: wise] #417592 09/05/11 12:18 PM
Tanaka Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
[size:11pt][b]Wise, Thank you for the well wishes! :) You know, that would have been a good question! (Where were you when I needed you! ;) ). With all the thoughts of needles, tumors & blood, I guess my [color:#CC0000]frain broze[/color]! If I need to take her back in, it’ll be a good question to ask.[/b][/size] :)

Peace & Happiness
Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: Tanaka] #417595 09/05/11 02:27 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
i think she will be fine...but yeah you may want to google and look up that stuff an see what you can find on it all...

good thing you took her becuz it would not have taken long i believe to really have gotten quite large...

keep us informed and whats kept you away from here...???

hope all has otherwise been going well for you

Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: Tanaka] #417597 09/05/11 02:41 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Oh dear Popo Chan..you sure do know how to make your mama worry don't you? lol

Fingers toes and heck even eyes crossed for her Tanaka.
I think she will be just fine too.
Maybe..you can call the vet and ask what caused this abcess to begin with? I know I would want to know WHY so as hopefully to prevent it from happening again.

It is so nice to see you here after so long.
Please keep us updated when ya get a chance.
Don't be a stranger woman!

ps I'm assuming Dango Chan is doing well?

Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: Tanaka] #417600 09/05/11 03:34 PM
K
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
K
Hoping for a speedy recovery! Get well soon!

Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: Tanaka] #417632 09/06/11 03:33 AM
bebee72 Offline
Companion
Companion
PoPo Chan, both JJ and me keep our feathers and fingers crossed for you!!

Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: Tanaka] #417636 09/06/11 03:50 AM
pepperandrocky Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
Hoping Popo Chan recovers quickly! As you now think of questions, start writing them down. Then when you go to the vet the next time, you'll have the questions there with you. It's so easy to forget things in the moment, so writing them down and remembering to take the list wink will really help you feel more comfortable.

All fingers and wings crossed here for Popo Chan.

I'll be back!
Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: Tanaka] #417660 09/06/11 11:38 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
good grief ...both of you should of had your vet appts ...meaning you and curry and we havent heard anything from either of you...whats with that...geeeeeesh...

we are all concerned...so ...CURRYYYY ....TANAKAAAA where are ya both?????

Last edited by illusive Fantasy; 09/06/11 11:38 PM.
Re: Poor Little Popo Chan Back from the Vet Again! [Re: Tanaka] #417666 09/07/11 01:20 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Tanaka has already taken Popo Chan to the vet.
It was diagnosed as an abcess, not a tumor, and she is on antibiotics for 2 wks. Bring her back if there's no improvement.

BTW- thanks for the pics Tanaka. It's helpful to be able to SEE these things. You always take the best pics to go along with the ailments and explain things so well.

Please do let us know how she is doing in a few days. Fingers n toes are getting cramped being crossed. wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:40 AM
free will
by EVA21SA - 10/31/20 07:33 AM
Separating Two Parakeets
by Min - 10/28/20 05:51 PM
Please help
by Faeed - 10/27/20 03:23 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site