Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lost a Friend today #415875 06/17/11 10:45 PM
!
!!Mike Mike!! Offline OP
OP Offline
!
Sighs today is a depressing day my female Keet Twinkles died today she was just a couple months old idont know what happen .i think she and the male was fight i dont know if it was the A/C im just confused today dnt know what to do yet

Re: Lost a Friend today [Re: !!Mike Mike!!] #415876 06/17/11 10:49 PM
T
Toony Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
T
i dont know wat its called but you can take the dead body to the vet and they can tellyou how she died

I cried an awful lot when i gave my budgies away and i can imagine how bad it is when they die frown

I'll miss you guys
Re: Lost a Friend today [Re: !!Mike Mike!!] #415878 06/18/11 02:25 AM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
I'm so sorry Mike. I know losing a beloved pet is sooo hard.
There is no way for us to tell you what may have happened. As far as using the AC goes...did you make sure it is not blowing on them? Any kind of draft, warm or cold, is not good for them. It can make them sick.
How was she acting before it happened? Was she fluffed up, or unusually quiet? Did her poops look different?
Keep a close eye on your other bird. Do a good thorough cleaning of the cage and all that is in it. Disinfect dishes and toys.
Your other bird will grieve and miss his friend just like you do, so be extra nice to him and spend more time with him so he's not lonely. Do NOT jump in to getting another bird thinking it will help your other one. It won't. Just spend more time with him and take the time to bond with him. If given enough attention he won't need another bird for company. he'll have YOU as his flockmate.
Be sure he is getting a good diet to stay healthy.

Again Mike Mike, I am so sorry for your loss. Take care

R I P Twinkles^

Re: Lost a Friend today [Re: !!Mike Mike!!] #415879 06/18/11 03:32 AM
ahall83 Offline
Great Friend
Great Friend
im sorry to hear about your bird mike. to be honest unless you take the body into the vet you might not know what caused your bird to die. like kk said i would keep a close eye on your other bird just incase it was an illness that both could have had. have you noticed anything diff about either of your birds before she died? less active? poops looking diff? all fluffed up? in either bird? if so it might be a good idea to get your male into the vet just to be on the safe side. im so very sorry. i know what it feels like. back in march my male keet passed away on my birthday. kk as always had great advise. make sure to pay some extra attention to your male. he is sure to be grieving right along with you. my female surely was for a while. again i am very sorry for your loss.

Re: Lost a Friend today [Re: !!Mike Mike!!] #415881 06/18/11 07:35 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
never good news to hear a birdie friend has crossed...sorry for your loss

Re: Lost a Friend today [Re: !!Mike Mike!!] #415898 06/19/11 12:08 PM
D
Daniellero Offline
Friend
Friend
D
Mike I am really sorry. I cried for days when Skittles died, and I knew he had cancer. He had a tumor the vet said there was nothing to do. He was really fluffed up and quiet for a while. My other bird CeeCee kept looking for him and wouldn't sing or move. I did spend time with her but I work a lot. I finally got anew bird after a year and she is happier now.

Re: Lost a Friend today [Re: !!Mike Mike!!] #415902 06/19/11 03:52 PM
!
!!Mike Mike!! Offline OP
OP Offline
!
Thank yall so much. but that day i went in there she was at the bottom couldn't move so i picked her up and she was breathing slowly still couldn't move much i thought her neck was broken cause she had it in one place wasn't moving her body much and no the A/c wasn't blowing directly on them i had a warm blanket thingy over the sides and top .

Re: Lost a Friend today [Re: !!Mike Mike!!] #415903 06/19/11 07:33 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Mike,
How is Sky doing? Did you make sure you cleaned everything really well..in case Twinkles had an illness?
Are you spending more time with him now so he's not lonely?
Now would be the time to do some major bonding..he needs a friend.
Start slowly just holding your hand still in the cage resting on a perch. Do that for around 10-15 mins at a time maybe 3 times a day. Talk to him as often as you can
At least I don't think you had gotten him hand tamed yet? Did you?

I would think that school will be out soon for summer vacation? That should give you a lot more time to work with him.

A good diet makes a happy keet, and easier to work with. Is he getting a good diet? What do you feed him?
Sorry if you've already told us, I don't remember

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Growing my own greens for my birds question
by LA-Birds - 09/24/21 10:17 PM
Make sure you have a solid business plan
by allenlu - 09/24/21 05:51 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by allenlu - 09/24/21 02:31 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site