Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: Kymber] #403116 07/10/10 06:18 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
please be sure to quarantine them for MIN. of 30days six weeks is best...keep them separate in every way even when chance is out make sure he cant fly to their cage...and when you feed or clean the cage to the new birds ..use a good anticeptic wash on your hands before going to Chance

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: Kymber] #403117 07/10/10 06:25 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
PDM do NOT ASSUME FOR ME ty...i dont feel ive been IGNORED...and if there is a problem let the individual themselves respond instead of speaking for them...sometimes i havent the time to go back and review...or miss something...maybe your more perfect in that way. THANK YOU.

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: illusive Fantasy] #403118 07/10/10 06:27 PM
Kymber Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
I'm not as worried about it as I might be under the "usual" circumstances, Illusive, because Mickaboo makes sure that their vet has given the birds a clean bill of health before they are taken to their forever homes. And they are quarantined when they go into foster care, so all the precautions were taken long ago regarding spreading disease.

In fact, Mieli was just at the vet yesterday in preparation for his move.

Now, if I were bringing new birds in from a breeder or pet store (which I will never do again, now that I'm one of Mickaboo's adoption converts) I would be completely in favor of quarantine. But Mickaboo birds have an excellent reputation for not bringing disease with them to their forever homes.

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: Kymber] #403119 07/10/10 06:28 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
AAAAAAAAAh NOW THAT Kymber is a perfect situation when you find someone who does that ...wow...cudos to them...and wishing your new flock many happy chirps.

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: illusive Fantasy] #403120 07/10/10 06:37 PM
Kymber Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
I completely agree, Illusive, that Mickaboo creates perfect situations for adoption, which is why I highly recommend them to people out here in California.

Why buy when you can have a reputable bird rescue organization bring you orphans in search of a good forever home, and take a lot of the worries out of the process as well?

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: Kymber] #403121 07/10/10 07:03 PM
A
aaadraine&chicki Offline
Companion
Companion
A
smile What a Happy Day! Oh how exciting and wonderful getting
two new birds Apollo & Mieli! That is really good NEWS!

So I'm not knowing and wanted to ask a question? I was wondering
How does Mickaboo get the bird(s) to you? By air, or is
someone driving to S. CA? Blessings for good people like you.

Oh boy CHANCE! You're gonna be happy laugh birdie ((hugs)) to all.

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: aaadraine&chicki] #403122 07/10/10 09:02 PM
Kymber Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
[quote=aaadraine&chicki]I was wondering How does Mickaboo get the bird(s) to you? By air, or is someone driving to S. CA?[/quote] There are two options and a blend of them as a third. 1. One of their volunteers is going to be driving down here and can chauffeur the birds. 2. I could drive (or be driven, since I don't) back and forth to get them myself. 3. A volunteer will be traveling to a point somewhere between here and there and I am driven to/from where they are. Sometimes the arrangements take time, sometimes they happen on short notice. In the case of Apollo and Mieli, a volunteer was going as far south as Atascadero (near San Luis Obispo, for you non-Californians) on the 18th and I was trying to find someone who was willing to make a road trip that day ... to no avail, so far. The backup plan had been someone who was heading for Orange County on August 5, but I can just imagine what Chance might have been feeling by then, since it would then have been 6½ weeks since we lost Buddy. :cry: But on Thursday, a volunteer said she was heading for San Diego today and would be able to divert the short distance from the 405 freeway to bring Apollo and Mieli. So this arrangement was made less than 48 hours ago! I keep telling Chance he's getting new flock members. He doesn't believe me because in his little beady eyes I'm the one who took Buddy away and am not to be trusted to do more than feed him and clean the cage. Boy, is he going to be pleasantly surprised ...

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: Kymber] #403130 07/11/10 01:29 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Hi Kymber,
Congrats on the new additions!!! You must have gotten them by now?
How are things going...does Chance believe you now? LOL
I checked out their pics..they're beautiful smile I love the green keeters.
Also wanted to say how truly awesome I think it is that you take in these rescue birdies. Every bird deserves a good forever home and lots of love, and these guys certainly found it with you. Kudos!
Welcome home Apollo and Mieli!!! Whoot!

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: kksuns] #403138 07/11/10 10:40 PM
Kymber Offline OP
Friend
OP Offline
Friend
Chance is joyous beyond belief. Apollo and Mieli arrived around 7:00 yesterday evening and Chance immediately ran up to both of them and started making friends. Mieli was very eager to get acquainted and Apollo followed suit within minutes.

The party is still going on today. Chance is making lots of happy budgie sounds and Apollo and Mieli are doing likewise.

They're all going to be just fine together.

Re: Finally, some GOOD news [Re: Kymber] #403139 07/11/10 11:32 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Oh wow that's awesome!!! Just picturing Chance so happy and making friends brought a big ole smile to my face.
Thanks..I'm soo happy for him.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
How to write an essay in German
by bethyy - 08/13/22 07:01 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by williamN - 08/06/22 11:23 AM
Baby Parakeet still frozen in place after 3 weeks
by PaulWunsch - 07/28/22 06:06 AM
Tips for DTF printing
by textekprinter - 07/21/22 07:14 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site