Print Thread
back but with some sad news #395926 02/20/10 09:31 PM
B
baby blue Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
B
hi all, i have missed everyone soo much and am glad i decided to check things out again.
i do have some sad news... froot loop, my 7yr old natural green budgie has passed away. she died in my hands on valentines day (night) i was giving her her meds and she just suddenly was gone. ozzy is gone ballistic... she won't leave anything on the cage... food dishes(full), water dishes, toys, swings... she is even pushing on perches untill they fall off. she is very clingy with me (never was before) but she also goes into unexpected tanyrums and bites what ever skin is clo0sest. which puts an end to one on one and makes it one back in cage! poor girl, no singing or playing... i just don't know what to do that will make her happy again.
i and the gong show miss you soo much loopy, fly with the angels sweet green birdie. xoxoxo

baby blue
Re: back but with some sad news [Re: baby blue] #395928 02/20/10 10:02 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Aw man bb...I am soo sorry. Not Loopy! You are right tho..she is flying with the angels and in a better place.I know you had been though a lot with her. Major (((HUGZ))) girl
Don't know what to say about Oz. I guess it will take time. We all grieve in our own way and i guess that is her way? Just give her lots of love..which i'm sure you are already doing.

RIP lil Fruit Loop^

Re: back but with some sad news [Re: kksuns] #395929 02/20/10 10:08 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
to help your other surviving bird ..CHANGE THE ENTIRE cage area for a ENTIRE new look to it..dont use for now anything they both used..it will help

Re: back but with some sad news [Re: baby blue] #395941 02/21/10 12:17 AM
Irene S Offline
Wow, I am so sorry for your loss. frown

At least you were by her side to the very end... did froot loop have an illness of some sort?

I hope ozzy recovers soon. You probably have a lot of budgie experience having froot loop 7 years, I am rather new to parakeet ownership. But one thing I do know, when my lil Cheeky is scared or nervous, I usually turn on some soothing, calm music and talk to him. Eventually he calms down and starts chirping along. I have a relaxing cd with birds chirping, I know that calms him down pretty well. That's the one thing I could think of anyway...

Like illusive fantasy said, rearranging may be a good idea, and time may help her get over the loss. I guess almost every area in parakeet owning takes time, like the bird getting used to the cage, finger training, and all those good things.

Well, good luck to you, and I hope ozzy feels better soon...

Re: back but with some sad news [Re: Irene S] #396020 02/21/10 09:02 PM
B
baby blue Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
B
froot loop had started to pluck after ozzie had a dilocated hip and shrieked when getting meds. the vet seemed convinced that antibiotics would work, she figured a respritory infection. first batch of them... no change. gave us another kind to try and we were in the last 3 days of it when froot loop died while i was giving them to her. (sob) she was still plucking. i am still convinced it was trauma caused by ozz being upset. ozz got more upset at night and night time was when the plucking happened. when the lights went low, llopy would start pulling and yelping.
i have changed the cage around after thurough washing, new perches etc... so nothing smells of the loopster but ozz is hell bent on destruction. fweep is almost ready to come out of the "hospital"cage, i hope a new bird will help. i am fighiting with myself here though... fweep holds it's wings oddly after flying. (never seen the posture before in a keet) it also has a prob that poops often stick to the feathers and don't fall to the floor. the feathers are stained and the vent is a red. i am going to take it back and request that they get it looked at and treated. i would like to keep little fweep but i can't afford to take on a bird that is already ill or has wing wing damage after loopy's bills. little fweep is a miniture ozzie (never thought i would see another with ozz's colors! i hope they will have fweep taken care of. i won't buy (or take, for that matter) a sick bird from anyone... breeder or "binner". i have the other five exposed to something. i feel so bad though for thinking that way. any ideas anyone?
oh yeah...good idea about the tunes! ozz is a hard rock kinda gal... the louder the better as far as she is concerned!! that is a sweet little blue and white pied you have there, the blue is a gorgeous color. smile

Last edited by baby blue; 02/21/10 09:05 PM.

baby blue
Re: back but with some sad news [Re: baby blue] #396024 02/21/10 09:20 PM
L
Love My Budgies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
L
So sorry for your loss. cry
I'm sure she was very happy you were there when her time came - it must have comforted her.

Re: back but with some sad news [Re: Love My Budgies] #396026 02/21/10 09:38 PM
I
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
I
dont feel bad you have a responsibility to what you have...you cant fix the entire birdie population only give the best you can to what you have and then ..just know ..they had the best they could of with you.

Re: back but with some sad news [Re: illusive Fantasy] #396046 02/22/10 05:41 AM
B
baby blue Offline OP
Soulmate
OP Offline
Soulmate
B
thanx, it still hurts pretty bad but i am starting to realize it probably have happened at any time... holding her or not. your thoughts are appreciated. smile

baby blue
Re: back but with some sad news [Re: baby blue] #396048 02/22/10 05:42 AM
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate
Copper Star Soulmate
Baby blue - glad to see you back. I have missed your. I am so sorry for your bad news. Best wishes to you and your keets.

Re: back but with some sad news [Re: baby blue] #397154 03/15/10 11:15 PM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Aw Dawn I'm so sorry to hear of Froot Loop passing. I know it's hard to deal with, since I went through it with my Merlin in Nov. I'm still not right from that. You're probably right about her plucking when Ozz had his problem. Stella started exactly when I got the two rescue girls, and they were flirting like mad with Tweety.

My heart goes out to you, Dawne.
R I P little Froot Loop

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
GARDEN FLOWERS
by ronyb - 02/24/21 12:51 PM
Yoga
by chandkumar3g - 02/04/21 02:58 PM
A Scanner Darkly!!
by EVA21SA - 02/01/21 09:45 AM
Policing
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:28 AM
How many bullets?
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:17 AM
Across the River is FREE
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 09:04 AM
War and Fashion
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 08:54 AM
Origami flower bouquets
by EVA21SA - 01/28/21 09:05 AM
NBA 2K21 unskippable ads"will probably be repaired
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:30 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:29 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site