Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. #387366 10/29/09 06:52 AM
CassandraM_89 Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend

When I found you at 5 years old you were so little and your mother had left you with your head stuck in a fence, I rescued you and just couldn't put you down. Mom begged Poppy and Dabby to let me take you home and finally they agreed. I brought you home with me and used a bottle to feed you baby cat formula, you would bite the nipple off of the bottle every time. We would put you in a huge cardboard box to keep you safe and you would constantly jump out of it until we finally gave up. We named you peekaboo because you would always hide under the couch and as we walked by you would lunge at our ankles, you would bite and scratch for no good reason but I still held you and loved you, I still have scars running down my arm from when you tried to climb on my shoulder like Pywacket would do with Dabby, but you were too heavy and I was too small. I would always spoil you with treats. You would love to look outside at the birds and meow with your injured throat and it sounded like a little lamb. You would steal my hair ties and hide them in your water bowl, I used to throw them at you and you would catch them in mid air. After Poppy died you were the one who let me cry myself to sleep in your fur every night, you were always with me when I was sick. When I moved in with Erick and barely saw you, you adopted my mother as your owner and kept her company for me when I wasn't there, you took care of Dabby when Pywacket died and you were friends with Spike and Philbert.

When I got there tonight...Just before you left me, you were still warm, I told you how much I love you and that I will always love you, that you are my baby, I know you heard me Peeks. I know your up there with Poppy and Pywacket watching over all of us, I can still feel you around me and it makes me happy knowing that you were happy and healthy. I don't know why you left...But you'll always be in my heart. Thank you for being my cat. Rest in peace my little hair tie stealing, ankle biting, shoulder pouncing panther

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: CassandraM_89] #387373 10/29/09 12:37 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Cassie, I am so sorry for your loss. ((hugs)) I know it hurts like hell frown
What you wrote about Peek is just sooo sweet. It made me cry. Sounds like he was quite the character.
Peekaboo is forever in your heart.

R I P Peekaboo kitty

Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: kksuns] #387380 10/29/09 04:59 PM
CassandraM_89 Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Thanks smile I am going to have him cremated today, it's gonna be so hard but my grandmother will be with me, and we will be there for each other. Losing him is something that I would think is akin to losing my first child...To all my friends and acquaintances, don't take anything for granted...Love your pets and family as much as you can because you never know how long you have...Peeks just laid down, perfectly healthy and robust and he just didn't get up. It was old age, but I wasn't expecting it.

Last edited by CassandraM_89; 10/29/09 05:00 PM.

Feeling inconstant would drive me insane, Flesh, to blood, to bone my love, twisted...Is It Real?
Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: CassandraM_89] #387390 10/29/09 07:26 PM
Gustafson Offline
Companion
Companion
May the love you have for life, and the ones you love help ease the hurt. And may the love of others comfort you. smile

RIP Peekaboo

Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: Gustafson] #387411 10/29/09 11:49 PM
L
Luvanimalsdearly Offline
Good Friend
Good Friend
L
Aww RIP Peekaboo. He looks like my Blackie. Yes life is precious and we cannot take it for granted. (((Hugs)))

Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: Luvanimalsdearly] #387413 10/30/09 12:12 AM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
That's the hardest part to read: that he laid down, robust and seemingly healthy, and didn't get back up. My heart goes out to you Cassie. And my own heart is hurting, because I know that my Merlin will not be with me much longer, he's 18. Every time I hear of someones beloved pet passing, I think of that.

But every day is a blessing and I have to be strong and happy and chirpy (?) for my Merlin.

Again Cassie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Words can't describe how you are feeling and nothing but time will make you feel better.

RIP Peekabo. From what your mama says, you were a darling cat. Rest your soul, kitty.

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: tweetymom] #387422 10/30/09 12:38 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
I'm sorry to hear this. We get so attached to our pets, it is very hard to lose them. As you probably know, we lost our cat recently, and it was really hard to accept. And I still feel sad at remembering the loss of earlier cats. They are such sweet little creatures. Your Peekaboo is similar to the cat we had, when we were first married. We had her for about 14 years.

Last edited by PDM; 10/30/09 12:39 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: PDM] #387484 10/30/09 05:58 PM
CassandraM_89 Offline OP
Best Friend
OP Offline
Best Friend
Thanks for all the support ladies smile I am finally healing and today is the day when we cremate my lil man...It is going to be a hard day but unfortunately my cat is not the end to my problems right now, yesterday my mom was diagnosed with progressive multiple sclerosis...And I haven't figured out how to handle that yet...

Thank you again my friends

Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: CassandraM_89] #387579 11/01/09 02:16 AM
P
P&R Mom
Unregistered
P&R Mom
Unregistered
P
I am so sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. I'm sure things are going to be very rough for you for a while, and I hope you will find the support you need (and virtual) hugs from us here on the keet forum.

R.I.P. Peekaboo.

Re: To my precious cat Peekaboo 1994-2009 I miss you.. [Re: ] #387595 11/01/09 02:49 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
Aww Cassie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I don't even know what to say. (((HUGS))) Try to stay strong and positive..mom's going to need you.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Parakeet aggressive once I add in toys, help!
by Alex-x - 07/30/20 11:55 PM
a parakeet pair concern
by Durov - 07/11/20 11:42 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site