Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
great news on Harper! #386963 10/23/09 04:12 AM
A
alicyn Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I just took Harper to the vet after being concerned about her laying down since she has one leg and the doctor said that her leg isn't hurt, but she has a bruise on her chest and a tiny injury on her beak. She also thinks she is super tired on her leg so I need to put her in a fish tank and let her catch up on her rest and get her strong. So she doesn't want her climbing or anything. She also got antibiotics for the injury and bruise. I think she's going to be just fine in a couple weeks, (knock on wood). I am so relieved that her leg isn't hurt and the best part is that it cost me under $100 cause I was expecting $200+... Tennessee is doing good too! I think her legs are getting stronger and she is getting fatter!

Re: great news on Harper! [Re: alicyn] #386964 10/23/09 05:07 AM
Ziggy Offline
Companion
Companion
thats good to hear =)
how much would it cost for me to take my keet to the vet for juss a check up??

Re: great news on Harper! [Re: Ziggy] #386965 10/23/09 05:18 AM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
that's great news! Around here a check up with gram testing by an avian vet is around $90.

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: great news on Harper! [Re: cyberbud] #386970 10/23/09 05:57 AM
A
alicyn Offline OP
OP Offline
A
yah the first vet i called was $70 for an exam, but the next one was $48 and I thought that was reasonable since all I wanted was to check if her leg was hurt. Even with the 2 medications it was still only $82 and that is at the Coal Mine Vet in Littleton CO. I was excited lol.

Re: great news on Harper! [Re: alicyn] #386980 10/23/09 12:54 PM
K
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate
Platinum Star Soulmate
K
That IS good new alicyn! smile
Speedy recovery Harper!
Motchell, you'll have to call around to different Avian vets in your area to get prices..but I think usually between $50-$60 for a check up. More depending on what tests you want done

Re: great news on Harper! [Re: kksuns] #387000 10/23/09 08:06 PM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
glad to hear that everything is under control and they will be right as rain in no time. you have done a wonderful thing and i'm sure they know it too. smile

baby blue
Re: great news on Harper! [Re: baby blue] #387007 10/23/09 09:54 PM
D
DaMostLoved Offline
Companion
Companion
D
Nothing major..that's great to hear!

Re: great news on Harper! [Re: DaMostLoved] #387041 10/24/09 02:20 AM
A
alicyn Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you everyone for your comments! It's so cute because Tennessee and Harper have been chirping to each other all day. I put the fish tank next to the bird cage and Harper tried climbing the bars through the window. It was kind of funny, but then I had to move her back to across the counter so she could still see Tennessee. I am concerned that Tennessee gave her the beak wound because it it super small. I wonder if Tennessee sensed that Harper was getting weak or something? I am hoping I won't have a problem with those two fighting. It'd be sad since they are all they have...

Re: great news on Harper! [Re: alicyn] #387043 10/24/09 03:35 AM
tealcandtina Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
I give a gentle but serious warning to you about Tennessee. He will do it again. You have a bird that in nature would be killed immediately.
I have 7 budgies, 2 very sweet ones of the 7. Every single bird I put with Hopalong stepped on her tail, held her down and pecked her backside. Also they all pushed her off the perch and made her cower in the corner on the grate, all day I figured from the way they treated her when we were home.
Once we put her by herself she gained weight and began sitting on the highest perch. They chirp back and forth all the time, but they will attack her first chance they get.
They are not mean or hateful, just animals who do what they are supposed to, get rid of the weak ones.
Please don't take this personal. I hope it works out for you, Tennessee and Harper.

Re: great news on Harper! [Re: tealcandtina] #387095 10/24/09 07:04 PM
A
alicyn Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Not at all, thanks for the advice. I just hope they can work it out since they are both handicapped. I would never put a normal bird in there, but I do hope that they can make it once Harper is bigger and stronger. I haven't seen any bad behavior except for biting on her wings. And then the rest of the time they kiss each other and cuddle. I don't know what their relationship is? lol. I guess only time will tell.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site