LisaShea Forum Logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: tweetymom] #381329 08/24/09 07:25 PM
*helwa*
Unregistered
*helwa*
Unregistered
i agree... why not tell the little girl she can some visit YOUR cat, not that you can go visit your cat smile

Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: tweetymom] #381330 08/24/09 07:28 PM
C
cyberbud Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
C
I agree. Go get your cat. There are millions of cats in the world that need a good home if that is what they desire.

You were extremely kind and generous towards the daughter. But what about when she wants a dog or a bird?

Best of luck....

"Many have forgotten this truth...You remain responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: tweetymom] #381331 08/24/09 07:35 PM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
and another thing, if this man is stealing from you, he's probably stealimg from others who just MIGHT turn him in. So what happens to Hannibal when they have to move and no money for catfood? It just seems to me that fate gave you a chance to get her back and possibly save her from some worse unknown fate. The landlord HAS to do something about the guy, if he knows he is stealing. His insurance company is the entity that says how many master keys can be given out and to whom. So if you or anyone turns him in, he will most likely be fired and WILL have to move. Point being, then what about Hannibal?

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: tweetymom] #381332 08/24/09 07:53 PM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
just my opinion........

ya know...the thing i think about is YOUR KIDS. see how much THEY suffered/are suffering from LOSING THEIR CAT. that is NOT FAIR to your kids. you are being TOO NICE to that family. like someone said above...it is those parents responsibility to deal with the grief THEY put their own daughter through. and they sure can get a FREE KITTEN in 2 seconds online.

you should get your cat back after turning that guy in ASAP. the cat being there is PROOF that they have it. and you should write down dates, times and what they BOTH said to you about H dying and when the lady confessed to you. along with them giving you the collar back. show all of that to the management and get your cat back.
GET YOUR CAT BACK BECAUSE YOUR KIDS DESERVE THEIR CAT AS MUCH AS YOU DO! like you said, you have raised her since was 4 months old. and she can still smell you and your family along with SEE YOU out the window. so she is GOING TO be confused as long as she is there.

good luck with all of it. i really hope you get her back.

by the way...
you say your kids would be confused if you got her back...
what would you tell them if she was in the window of that home and one of your kids saw her? then you would really have some confusion going on. it would be a lot less confusing to tell them something like... someone saw H when she got out and they were trying to find her home and finally found you to give her back.

Last edited by SweetBirdies; 08/24/09 07:57 PM.

Bella
Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: SweetBirdies] #381333 08/24/09 08:24 PM
L
luv my bird
Unregistered
luv my bird
Unregistered
L
So, this man goes through life thinking he can just take what isn't is??? That's wrong. He took away an animal that was near and dear to your heart. You're such a good person and you care about his daughter's feelings.Did he care about your familie's feelings?? I think you know the answer to that. GET YOU CAT BACK ASAP and let him adopt his daughter another cat. I wouldn't even let her see the cat. What was done to you was cruel. Think of yourself and your family and for once, don't be so kind.
I have mixed feelings as far as reporting this man. As a maintanence man, does he have access to apartments where he can steal belongings from people? Why stop at cats?
GET YOUR CAT BACK.

Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: SweetBirdies] #381334 08/24/09 08:41 PM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
I agree with Alie. Hannibal CAN smell you and your kids there in THE SAME BLDG! I wonder what she thinks. She has no choice. She HAS to stay where there because you left her there. and she can see you out the window! If you've had her since she was 4 months old, she is probably pining for you. Not to sound mean, but your kids deserve the truth. In my opinion, they need to know that there are bad people in the world and this is just the situation to teach them that. Like Alie said, what if your kids saw her in the window like you did?

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: SweetBirdies] #381336 08/24/09 08:49 PM
P
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted By: SweetBirdies
i think about is YOUR KIDS. see how much THEY suffered/are suffering from LOSING THEIR CAT. that is NOT FAIR to your kids. you are being TOO NICE to that family. like someone said above...it is those parents responsibility to deal with the grief THEY put their own daughter through. and they sure can get a FREE KITTEN in 2 seconds online.
Ditto.

This is the second time in two days I've heard of someone feeling so sorry for another person that they excuse patently wrong behavior. In my opinion, we need to make a distinction between feeling sorry for someone and making excuses for someone's illegal/unethical behavior.

Stealing animals or abusing animals is simply wrong, and needs to be dealt with as such, regardless of how pathetic the people involved may seem or how uncomfortable confrontation may be for us. Just my opinion...

Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: tweetymom] #381337 08/24/09 08:50 PM
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend
Long Time Friend
oopppsss...i meant to say 4 weeks old is what you stated.

i have to add...
i have KNOWN my Bella since the day she was born. i met her when she was a few hours old, maybe 5 or 6 hours. i had went to visit her almost everyday at the home she was in, to let her become familiar with me. the people live 2 houses from me. i brought her home with me when she was 4 weeks old, just for a few hours to get familiar with our home. then i brought her home FOR GOOD at 5 weeks old. she is almost 3 months old now. i am not sure how old your Han is...but there is NO WAY i would let someone GET AWAY with stealing my baby. she belongs TO US...the same as your baby belongs to you and your family.

Last edited by SweetBirdies; 08/24/09 08:57 PM.

Bella
Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: SweetBirdies] #381341 08/24/09 09:05 PM
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Sorry about all these messages, but didn
t you say that the wife said he was now showing interest in Reba? It sounds to me like he is planning to steal your dog now. If you leave this like this, there's no telling what he would do, BECAUSE HE CAN! DeShanna, this is your business, but I feel so sorry for Hannibal, being stuck there with no choice. And you don't REALLY know how she is being treated there. Anyway, you are her human. Please go get her?!

Dinah, Tweetymom

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin
Re: I've already made the choice...now... [Re: tweetymom] #381344 08/24/09 09:14 PM
P
pino Offline
Regular
Regular
P
I agree so much with what others are posting.
It sounds like they used their child to make you want to leave the cat. This is a really messed up thing to do to someone, and it's nice that you were so kind to them. However, I would have taken Hannibal back so that he doesn't have to live with those crazies.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
suffocating a rat in a dream
by Waqa11 - 03/06/20 08:27 PM
Do you practice tsundoku?
by Waqa11 - 03/02/20 08:09 PM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site