Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: PDM] #379250 08/08/09 04:57 PM
Kariva Offline OP
Tin Star Soulmate
OP Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
first about baby being around the birds the pediatrician knows i have birds and have never said anything. they ask what kind of pets you have at the first visit.

second i live in a condo we own it so its a letter from the association. but youre right im not breaking the noise ordinance i cant help that she works nites and wants to sleep during the day. the birds are quiet at nite and so is the baby for the most part. he isnt even a cryer really. screw them i think i will just keep the birds and not pay the fine thing they would have to sue to get me out. there is nothing in the owneres manual thing for the condo that says no birds there is only a limit on dogs and cats. the birds dont weigh more than 30 pounsd i think i should be fine!

Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: Kariva] #379266 08/08/09 07:02 PM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
Not to take it off topic but my husband will be immune compromised if he has a medical proceedure in the coming months and the literature has warned us that birds are not to come in contact with him. It is not that they might carry psitacosis but that their dander can cause respiratory problems. They are not concerned about cats or dod dander just birds. They also mention the usual don't let him get exposed to the cat litter also. I will look up if young children are suseptible or not to this problem and let you know.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: joandboys] #379303 08/09/09 12:40 AM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
i asked my doc and vet about that and they basically said the same thing. with the birds that are bred in captivity and put up for sale, unless it is a disreputable place (DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND ASK FOR PROOF OF THE VET CHECKUP) are highly unlikely to carry psittacosis. it is the wild birds being captured and brought in that are the most risky. that is why there is a lengthy quarantine and exams etc before a bird is allowed to pass into the domestic "arena". other birds around a bird that has not undergone the quarantine and veterinary measures may contact it from the "unclean" bird. this is why it is very important to be sure you have a reputable breeder or place to get your new friend from. (sadly, many birds are acquired through the black market and do not receive the care they need to be sure they are healthy and safe) i had originally asked about this because i was going to be keeping them in my bedroom and wanted to know what it was and how much of a risk there may be. as joan said, anyone with an immune deficiency, history of allergies or any serious respiratory disease should consult their doctor. birds do produce dander, especially when the sheathes of pin feathers are coming off during a molt. these are the things i have been told according to the questions i asked. i had not asked about the possible influence on infants though and am going to do some checking around, as my daughter is due any time now and has a parrotlet. i am not trained in avian treatment and get my info from looking and doing alot of questioning. if i find anything, i will put it up here for you.

baby blue
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: Kariva] #379304 08/09/09 01:36 AM
PDM Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
Originally Posted By: Kariva
first about baby being around the birds the pediatrician knows i have birds and have never said anything. they ask what kind of pets you have at the first visit....

That's reassuring smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: PDM] #379320 08/09/09 04:53 AM
B
baby blue Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
B
i would say there shouldn't be a prob then. if they didn't come out and tell you right away that it was not good, let the rest fall as it may and enjoy your little boy and your birds and let them enjoy each other. the way i see it is, if you don't pay, they more than likely won't do anything because, if i am not mistaken, what they are trying to do to you is illegal in the first place. that stuff goes on so much, it's very sad. they threaten, the people don't fight back because they have been made afraid and pockets get padded. it turns my stomach. i am really glad you decided to stand your ground.if things continue then you can deal with them as they come. i need to find a copy of the landlord/tenants act. i think they have to do the same as businesses do. a verbal warning and two written warnings before they can really start getting in your face. i am by no means sure about that but now my curiosity is triggered. smile hon, you deserve to! smile ((hugs))

baby blue
Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: baby blue] #379342 08/09/09 01:11 PM
M
MgateTina Offline
Companion
Companion
M
YOU ARE FINE!!!! Espec since it's a condo!! I'm telling you, they ask you again for money.. tell them to give you their attorneys name, so your attorney can contact them... (EVEN THO YOU'LL BE BS'ing & BLUFFING) But that should let them know you're not playing their game. It is extortion, and you have a right to have your birds & baby!, if the beyotch works nights.. OH WELL.... You're NOT breaking the noise ordinance.. I'll type you up a nice letter if you need!! LOL, I am good at all that stuff.. While I was in school I also worked for an attorney as a Legal Secretary.. I chose the direction of Law Enforcement.. without being a cop! SO, I am able to write them as scary a letter as they are writing you. & Since it's a condo... you own the condo I assume? You pay your condo fee's.. no dog, no cat.. no problem!

Last edited by MgateTina; 08/09/09 01:15 PM.

Re: I Feel Horrible About This... [Re: MgateTina] #379362 08/09/09 04:08 PM
Darkness Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
They're just being brats. Remember I live in a two person apartment on the top floor with NINE birds, cat, dog, hermies, guinea pig, and fish. Not to mention two rambunctious children.

They can't do what they're doing.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site