Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My puppy wuppy is dying :( #286804 05/02/08 09:32 PM
Clairakeet Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
My Artemis is eleven and she had this neck injury inn the past that messed up her brain. It messes with the brain signals that go do the different parts of her body, so sometimes her paws or legs just sorta don't work well. She's real clumsy and loses her balance alot, and she falls down often when she squats to "use the bathroom" so to speak. She usually can't climb the stairs anymore so Dad has to carry her (she's ordinaraly like 75 pounds!), and she can't stand up at all on the tile floor in the kitchen or the linoleum in the bathroom. She's also lost like five pounds in just the past few days. Dad says she's been doing nothing but following him around like a shadow lately too.

Well she's gotten worse in the last few weeks, and even worse still in the past few days. Dad took her to the vet today, and they put her on some meds. If anything can be done, then the meds are it, and if they do do something, then we'll see a difference in her behavior in a few days. But if we don't see an improvement, then we're gunna have to put her down pretty soon, like within days or weeks.

My brother is getting a puppy of his own on the 15th, and he wanted the dogs to meet, but we're not really sure if Artemis is gunna make it that long.

I went over to Dad's today to spend some time with her, and she's just spent the whole time laying next to me. It's kinda sad. She's a Weimaraner, which are like the ADHD of the dog world, because they're SO high energy like ALL the friggin time! I mean, she loves her naps and all, but she's usually so all over the place and getting up from her naps to investigate every single little noise and stuff. Today, not so much.

I don't think she's in any pain though. She yelps when she is, and she hasn't really been making much of anything as far as noises goes...'cept for a bark or two when the wind blew the door open and when our brother came to visit earlier.

So anyways, I know this is like super long, and I don't really expect you all to sit and read the entire thing all the way through, but it kinda helps to just share. So thanks for listening smile

Re: My puppy wuppy is dying :( [Re: Clairakeet] #286813 05/02/08 09:49 PM
joandboys Offline
Soulmate
Soulmate
I am so sorry, I know what it is like to be facing the illness of a loving pet. It is so painful for us to witness. I hope the meds bring her comfort. Take care.

Cookie and Sweetie
Re: My puppy wuppy is dying :( [Re: joandboys] #286816 05/02/08 09:52 PM
TBJ♥ Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
Oh no frown Poor baby. I hope the meds work. My dog is very old too, I constantly dread being in a situation like yours... I just wish they could stay young our whole lives. frown You're in my prayers.

Re: My puppy wuppy is dying :( [Re: TBJ♥] #286826 05/02/08 10:09 PM
J
Joe Bloggs Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
J
Sorry to hear that. I've been through the same thing a number of times....I've had dogs all my life and I'd never be without one, but the only trouble with them is they never live long enough and when they go they break your heart. The only thing you can take comfort in is knowing that your dog had a good life and a happy one, that they were loved and they loved you.

Having said that, don't give up. My uncle once adopted a dog with a brain condition (she was 14 and she had had several strokes). He only took her in because he felt sorry for her - the vet said there was no hope and that she would only last a few weeks - and being a soft-hearted guy he decided to take her in just to give her some comfort in her last few days (her owner had died and she was in an animal shelter). She proved the vets wrong by living another three and a half years. So it can happen....not trying to give you false hope here but just pointing out that sometimes these things can work out better than we expect.

Whatever happens, take care and take comfort in knowing that you have given her a good life and a loving home. That's a lot more than millions of other dogs get in life.

Re: My puppy wuppy is dying :( [Re: Joe Bloggs] #287526 05/04/08 08:54 PM
Clairakeet Offline OP
Long Time Friend
OP Offline
Long Time Friend
Well, my Artemis Fartemis has been on the meds for three days now, and she's still not doing very good. But she's not in pain and she seems ok in the head, so that's comforting. Even still it looks like we're gunna have to make an appointment to have her put down. I'm sure my past doggies will welcome her graciously to doggie heaven. Thanks for all the kind thoughs, wishes, prayers, and support guys.

Re: My puppy wuppy is dying :( [Re: Clairakeet] #287563 05/04/08 09:57 PM
Nancy30 Offline
Best Friend
Best Friend
im so sorry to hear this. I hope the meds do work for her. I just love wimers they are so cute and always on the go lol. I know what your going through and you are in my prayers. I hope her and buddy get to meet and run and play together smile

A person has one sense of humor and two legs. its better to lose a leg.
Re: My puppy wuppy is dying :( [Re: Nancy30] #287813 05/05/08 04:29 AM
Z
zoey12345 Offline
Friend
Friend
Z
I am so sorry about that, its really sad.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
FREE! Science Fiction Sweet Romance
by AlyssakPatterson - 06/15/21 11:25 AM
Dreaming of Losing a Pet
by Jane Pierce - 06/01/21 05:08 AM
nike kyrie 5 en soldes
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:53 AM
nike pg 5 white sale
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:49 AM
adidas stan smith dames lichtblauw
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:47 AM
Dieser Ring aus Sterlingsilber eignet
by RuardGreve - 06/01/21 01:45 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site