Next Thread
Print Thread
New Member #76741 10/27/04 11:47 AM
C
Charles Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Lisa,

I only found your site today and am finding it absolutely fascinating. I picked up the Da Vinci code on recommendation from my boss and found it to be a really good thriller.

I started to research the background on the web and soon found that there were some considerable discrepancies between the theory and reality.

I was searching for more info on the last supper today when I found your site.

Your responses to visitors are all very even handed. You quite rightly debunk areas where fact has clearly been ignored and you are prepared to be open minded about other possible conspiracies such as Pope assasinations.

So I have not been able to formulate an opinion as to whether you believe any of the Grail / MM theory.

I am interested particularly in the way that the womans role in Christianity was diminshed and clearly MM was a very influential woman at the time. How does this all sit with you from a womans perspectve? I don't consider myself a particularly modern or progressive man but I work with a mainly female staff and am still appalled at the lack of opportunity afforded to women in so many walks of life.

It is interesting to ponder whether this is all a throwback to religion. Women have traditionally been given a second class role in Christianity and whatever anyone says they are treated as little more than merchantable comodities in the Islamic faith.

That this removal of women from the Catolic church was a very much post the era of Christ thing makes the furore surrounding the ordination of women priests (still an issue in the UK) an absolute hypocrasy.

Your site has set me off on a search for how much more of the repression of women across the ages can be attributed to the church and other religions

Charles

Re: New Member #76742 10/28/04 02:21 AM
Lisa Shea Offline
True Blue Soulmate
True Blue Soulmate
That's great, that you are inspired to learn more! That's the whole point of my site - to go out and learn for yourself. You shouldn't believe what I say any more than you should believe what the Da Vinci Code says.

I don't know that you can blame Christianity necessarily for hurting women - that was already in place. Christianity if anything "cemented" it. And actually they didn't do it to hurt women, as much as they did it to prevent church property from going to kids. They didn't want provable kids coming from church leaders - so the way to plug that hole was to not allow female church leaders. Males could always deny it was their fault smile

I do think MM was an important person in the life of Christ - much more important than most Christians are told nowadays. Exactly "what she meant" to Jesus, we may never know. But it's good to think that we can have at least *some* positive female role models in the Christian tradition besides the mom, who was long-suffering and patient. Mary the mom was certainly wonderful, but Mary the "believer" deserves just as much praise.

Lisa Shea, Owner
Re: New Member [Re: Charles] #432131 01/21/21 07:58 PM
E
EVA21SA Offline
E
I am interested particularly in the way that the womans role in Christianity was diminshed and clearly MM was a very influential woman at the time. How does this all sit with you from a womans perspectve? I don't consider myself a particularly modern or progressive man but I work with a mainly female staff and am still appalled at the lack of opportunity afforded to women in so many walks of life.

Re: New Member [Re: Charles] #432133 01/22/21 09:17 AM
E
EVA21SA Offline
E
Speed Test

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Search

Latest Posts
GARDEN FLOWERS
by ronyb - 02/24/21 12:51 PM
Yoga
by chandkumar3g - 02/04/21 02:58 PM
A Scanner Darkly!!
by EVA21SA - 02/01/21 09:45 AM
Policing
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:28 AM
How many bullets?
by EVA21SA - 01/31/21 08:17 AM
Across the River is FREE
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 09:04 AM
War and Fashion
by EVA21SA - 01/29/21 08:54 AM
Origami flower bouquets
by EVA21SA - 01/28/21 09:05 AM
NBA 2K21 unskippable ads"will probably be repaired
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:30 AM
So the jist of this ; Get CCB and recharge chaotic
by Dingbest - 01/26/21 01:29 AM
Privacy Policy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Forum Areas

* General Discussion *

Books, TV, Movies

Da Vinci Code

Dreams

Japanese Culture

Life, Universe, Everything

Online Courses

Politics

Religious Research

Show Your Own Work

Work From Home / Writing

* Parakeets and Pets *

General Parakeet Chat

Keet Stories and Photos

Parakeet Photo Gallery

Budgie Training

Health and Medical Issues

Parakeet Breeding

In Memory Of ...

Non-Budgie Pets and Animals

Non-Budgie Animal Photos

Off-Topic for Keet Owners

Games

Animal Rights

Bird / Animal Books

Subscribe
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site