Scallops with Wine, Garlic and Herbs
Best served with the Nobska White
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 lbs washed sea scallops (not bay scallops)
2 Tbsp minced shallots or green onions
1/3 minced yellow onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 bay leaf
1/8 tsp thyme
2/3 cup Nobska White wine
3 Tbsp water
1. Cook the onions slowly in 1 Tbsp butter or 1 Tbsp olive oil in a
small saucepan for 5 mins or so until tender and translucent but not brown.
2. Stir in shallots or onions and garlic and cook slowly 1 min more. Set aside.
3. Dry the scallops and cut into slices 1/4 in thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, roll in flour and shake off excess flour.
4. Saute the scallops quickly in 1 Tbsp hot butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil for 2 minutes to brown them lightly.
5. Pour in Nobska White wine, water, onion mixture and herbs. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Remove the scallops and thicken the sauce on high heat for 1 minute more if necessary.
7. Discard the bay leaf and correct the seasoning.
8. These scallops are bset served with wild rice and garnished with a lemon.
|Cape Cod Winery Review|
All content on the WineIntro website is personally written by author and wine enthusiast Lisa Shea. WineIntro explores the delicious variety and beautiful history which makes up our world of wine! Lisa loves supporting local wineries and encouraging people to drink whatever they like. We all have different taste buds, and that makes our world wonderful. Always drink responsibly.