WineIntro

Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir

Posted By: Lisa Shea

Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir - 08/26/11 01:23 AM

Enjoying Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir from Ontario Canada 12% alc - have you tried baco noir? What do you think of its dense flavors?
Posted By: Peter May

Re: Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir - 08/27/11 04:46 PM

Didn't we visit Reif?

I don't remember their Baco Noir, but I love the variety. I have just one bottle of Baco Noir from Henry of Pelham...

Re: Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir - 08/27/11 11:05 PM

Dear Peter -

Yes I'm pretty sure that's where I rode in the Smart Car, you were on that visit right?

http://www.reifwinery.com/visit.php

Re: Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir - 08/28/11 10:41 AM

You bet -- don't you remeber who blagged you the ride in it? wink
Posted By: Brom

Re: Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir - 09/08/11 07:25 PM

First (and last simply for unavailabliliity) had Baco Noir made in NJ 20-25 years ago. I vaguely recall it as a relatively dense and dark. Same maker also produced Landot Noir, which was the name of Billy Dee Williams' character in the second Star Wars.

Re: Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir - 09/10/11 10:40 AM

Dark and dense, yes. Can stain your mouth and tongue purple.

I had a Baco Noir couple of evenings ago...

Lamb shanks in the oven, big flavoursome meal, what to open...?

Been thinking about my incoming holiday to Canada and that reminded me of my last trip in 2006 and having Henry of Pelham 2004 Baco Noir three consecutive nights in a white timber restaurant next to my motel..

I have one that I brought home, but this is the Henry of Pelham Reserve 2004 which I'd been advised should be kept. But I think almost 7 years is enough, but I’ll open and pour it an hour before we eat.

Bit of a gamey taste when first opened (I consider it’s my duty to take a decent mouthful on first opening). When we eat its lost that edge and becomes really attractive. Powerful, smooth, got a taste I just can’t put a name to – the word marshmallow comes to mind but I’ve not tasted one of those for fifty years at least. Mrs M is enjoying it greatly, which means I get less to drink than I hoped, thank goodness for that dutiful first gulp.

And then it’s gone and Mrs M is asking what happened to it.... did I re-check the wine while cooking?

I stick a 50cl bottle of Peller Estate 2007 Signature Series Icewine in the freezer (gift from Lisa) to mollify her and we sip that looking at a docu-drama of how OBL was tracked down and terminated.

And so to bed.

Re: Reif Estate Winery 2008 Baco Noir - 09/11/11 02:11 AM

I do like Henry of Pelham smile

Of course icewine is always very high on my list too!

Brom - too funny smile
© 2021 WineIntro Forum