Lisa Shea

Cage Cleaning

Posted By: Mercury1953

Cage Cleaning - 05/12/19 06:27 PM

I intend to get a Parakeet (Budgie) and I have read a great deal about learning its trust and taming it but there is one question I can't seem to find an answer to.

Obviously a budgie when brought home is likely to be stressed, even though they may be hand tamed ,because being taken from it known environment into an new one will undoubtedly upset it.

I have read about gaining the bird's trust but one question I can't get an answer to is the best way to clean the cage of a new bird without stressing it out.

The cage I have is very large and would easily accommodate 2 or even three budgies but even though the cage is big when I actually need to clean the cage out the new bird is very likely to become stressed with big hands inside messing around with its home.

Are there any tips you can give me how to clean the cage during the early days of having my new bird.

I have just purchased 'Parakeets And Budgies - Raising, Feeding, And Hand-Training Your Keet' by Lisa Shea and there may be advice in this book but won't know until I have received it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
© 2019 Lisa Shea Forum