Lisa Shea

Hello. I'm new here, but not to keets.

Posted By: Rockpython

Hello. I'm new here, but not to keets. - 05/27/14 01:45 PM

I have worked in the pet business for about 11 years (since have changed fields) but my first clutch of babies started hatching on Easter and now i'm reinvigorated into learning more to make these babies as enriching to my 4 year old as they are for my wife and I.

This is "Gordon" and "Burby" (my niece couldn't say bird baby, and came up with "Burby")

Gordon-and-Burby
Posted By: Peety's Lady

Re: Hello. I'm new here, but not to keets. - 05/27/14 05:48 PM

Hi! Welcome, your birds are lovely!
I have just one all white parakeet whose name is Peety White Feathers smile Have had him about six weeks and the members here are very good at giving encouragement - and telling me to be patient because Peety isn't tame yet.

"See Ya" Around
Pam
Posted By: Jacquie

Re: Hello. I'm new here, but not to keets. - 05/27/14 06:22 PM

Oh they are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing, and we are so glad you've joined us! Love how Burby got the name, ha ha. smile
Posted By: Kymber

Re: Hello. I'm new here, but not to keets. - 05/27/14 11:24 PM

Awwww, what a pair of cuties.
Posted By: Rockpython

Re: Hello. I'm new here, but not to keets. - 05/28/14 02:57 PM

Thanks, everyone! I love these two little buddies! Their parents (Scully and Izzy) are wonderful to look at and talk to, but not hold. They love each other too much! wink

I used to be a "foster home" for large birds, but that was way to mentally taxing (I had a yellow fronted amazon that was so badly abused, a wing had to be amputated) I just couldn't deal with the misery anymore...

So, onto a total of 4 happy healthy keets!
© 2020 Lisa Shea Forum