Lisa Shea

Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own?

Posted By: Lane Lester

Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/05/11 06:36 PM

It's pretty obvious that I'm never going to get Billie finger-trained or handheld perch trained. I've tried all I plan to and have made no progress.

She doesn't mind being touched, and we sometime play a bit where she nibbles my finger. But that's it.

So, does that mean she's confined to the cage for life, or would she go back to her cage for food and water if I opened the door and let her come out on her own?

Lane
Posted By: cyberbud

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/05/11 08:21 PM

Obviously that's not the best option, but generally as long as the room is keet protected eventually they will return back to their cage for food and water. The cage is their safe place. But they will do this in their own time........

How long have you been working at training? Everything is in keet time....it can be weeks or months

Kathy
Posted By: tessboss

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/05/11 08:36 PM

I would think they would always return to the cage if they can fly there. Food, water and security is there. Some birds who have been in a cage do not fly well at first. They seem not to be able to get any height at first.

I think maybe keet proofing the room and maybe set the cage on the floor and open it up. I would sit on the floor too but not try to catch or disturb the bird and see if curiosity takes over. Your bird may just come out and sit on top of the cage at first.

The problem is when you need Billie to return what are you going to do? If you need the bird to go back in that would be nearly impossible .... anybody got a answer for that.. I don't.
Posted By: Daniellero

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/05/11 11:45 PM

My CeeCee is half finger trained. She'll get on a finger, but flies away when I take her out of the cage. She always comes back to her cage. She likes to sit on the curtain rod, or play with my other keet who's cage is across the room, but he's not fledged so I keep him in unless I watch him. Mostly I just leave her cage open during the day but close it when I go to bed. Sometimes I can pick her up and put her in but admit it's tough if she is stubborn. If I keep after her she gets the idea and goes in. I have been working with her for 2 years this is the best I can seem to get her.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/06/11 09:26 AM

Thanks for the thoughts and suggestions, friends. I have some weeks this summer that would be best for this experiment, so I'm going to try it.

I have one of the big Hagen cages, so Billie is able to exercise her wings in bursts. I'm going to fix the bottom two doors like a drawbridge (I think that was illusive's technique) to make a better "landing pad."

I'll let you know how it goes.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/06/11 12:07 PM

You can also buy "landing style perches" to hang on the doors. They are fairly inexpensive.

Best of luck...and hang in there. Patience is the key!!!

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/06/11 03:27 PM

My cage has a guillotine style door but I clip it open with a hair clip. Getting in and out doesn't seem to be a problem. Lots of times she walks around sideways the outside of the cage or lands on top and then walks around to the door.
Posted By: JeanneM

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/08/11 02:18 AM

I agree to fix the double doors up so they are flat and easy like a front porch. I've let Chippy out for free time almost from the beginning. His clipped wings were the only thing slowing him down. If I need him to get into his cage quickly and without trauma, I simply jangle his favorite toy or bell inside the cage. He streamlines in to save it's life. I guess.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/08/11 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: JeanneM
If I need him to get into his cage quickly and without trauma, I simply jangle his favorite toy or bell inside the cage. He streamlines in to save it's life. I guess.

Thanks for that idea!

We're on our third day with the "drawbridge" down. Billie will perch at the doorway and look all around. But so far, I think the "great outdoors" is still a bit intimidating. But that's fine; I'm in no hurry.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/09/11 02:22 AM

It took Chippy his whole first year to really get big and brave and comfortable. He was a happy little guy, but I oftened wondered, as the months went by, if he'd ever be my brave little curious pet. Well, at just one year old, he turned the corner and after that big moult, he came out of his shell and got right in my face. He's been there ever since. He takes his life as his right and he's a bold little character now. I've always had freedom and toys and baths and good diet there for his convenience. Now he really takes advantage of everything. So let her take on the "great outdoors" at her speed. She'll surprise you one day.
Posted By: kksuns

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/10/11 04:13 PM

I agree with all the others. It's high time Billie got a taste of freedom. Most WILL return to their cage on their own if given the time to do so.
Good to hear you've already started letting her come out and are doing it on her terms. She'll come out when she's good and ready.
Be sure to keet proof that room Lane. Windows and mirrors covered. Look for places she could possibly fall behind like bookshelves, dressers..entertainment centers..and take care of the problem spots beforehand. Close the door when she's out so she doesn't decide to take of to the rest of the house before you're ready for her to venture further.

Like Tess said, some/most don't fly well at first. They're not used to it of course. Expect a few crash n burns until she gets that pilot license. LOL IF she does crash n burn don't just go running to pick her up. Give her time to get reoriented and gather her thoughts and see where she goes from there.
Eventually a playgym to land on would be nice. And if she likes toys put some on top of her cage so she has something to do when she's out smile

Be sure to let us know when she finally ventures out.We'll be waiting to hear all about it.

Posted By: sixbirds

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/13/11 02:32 PM

i haven't taken the time to properly hand train my flock, as its not easy with four birds...they let me touch them, but they tend to try and avoid me most of the time. Basically im in the same boat as you, but with four birds. I let mine out and they do return to the cage and go back inside...but if i have to put them back in their cage for some reason, i turn the light off and grab them (i can see them, they cant see me - i leave some form of light.) Some people might think this is mean or whatever, but they aren't very bright. Just don't squeeze the bird and if it starts flying, turn the light on quickly so they don't crash into anything.

Also, my bird Sauron used to be hand trained but he died, and the rest are attached to each other. Now my fourth bird is Angel and he is Sarah and Kenny's(penelope's name was changed) baby. Just thought i'd put it out there because my pic is outdated by a few years

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/13/11 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: sixbirds
Some people might think this is mean or whatever, but they aren't very bright.

Ughh! That is so not true! These little keets are extremely bright! They understand waaaay more than you give them credit for. They DO associate words with actions and objects. They know when we are watching and do things to get attention and to make us laugh...they do many things that show just how smart they really are

It must be hard to train 4 birds all at once, but grabbing them all the time will just make them distrust you more.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/13/11 07:27 PM

Not very bright!! What are you kidding me. I can hardly keep up with Bob and his antics, he KNOWs what he is doing and has mastered very good communication with me.

I think maybe it is very hard to train 4 birds at once but grabbing them all the time will not help the process and may have set them back too far to train now at all.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/13/11 09:02 PM

It is hard to have patience and not grab them..even harder to not chase. I stopped grabbing after reading this forum and have made some progress. Lately I have come home from working a late shift to find CeeCee sitting on serenades cage instead of in her own. I cover his cage and try to move her. Shell sit on my finger and then flies when I try to put her in. Back and forth to the picture frames and then she finally goes in after like 10 mins. Maybe I'll just leave her out but I worry. I don't want her to try to fly in the dark and bump into stuff. Can she walk around to the entrance in the dark? Probably shell be fine and I should let her be because I may be eroding trust chasing her.

P.s. Skittles could care less if I grabbed him. Even the vet was like. "what a cool little guy". He was one of a kind though.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/14/11 04:30 AM

Wow you poor people...you see what i mean when i say these people aren't very bright? The sentence was about people who think its mean are not very bright. My birds are not afraid of me, but they dont always want to come out and have their nails clipped or whatever. Would it be better to just let their nails grow for eternity because they dont want me to clip them? NO...sometimes you have to grab them. And i dont mean snatch them up like a cat in a wild frenzy, i just mean pick them up and keep a hand cupped over them so they cant fly away. The ignorance some people show...This person has had their bird for YEARS and sometimes you need to grab them. Thats all im saying. I was just letting them know that they can leave the bird out and it will go back in the cage when it is ready, but i was also telling them a way to get them back in the cage if something comes up where you HAVE to get the bird immediately. It is not mean. Of course you should try not to do it if you can avoid it though, because some birds do get scared by it. The very fact that you guys cant understand one simple sentence should make you think twice about giving people like me, who have had birds for years and years advice. I read body language for all creatures, and grabbing my birds does not hurt them.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/14/11 05:17 AM

In the total context of your message the sentence in question is vague and open to interpretation. Such is the nature of written communication. The reader gets no voice inflections, no physical feedback and are left only to ponder the meaning of the written words.

Being advocates of kind treatment to keets we jump to their defense. Consider your words more carefully. Good advice for all.

Name calling and talking down to people is just rude and against forum policy.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/14/11 10:50 AM

Thank you cyberbud

sixbirds,
I don't care if you have had birds for years and years. That doesn't mean you can't use advice now and then. Things change over the years and quite frankly anyone who still believes gravel and grit are ok for keets needs to brush up on things.
We learn something new every day. Whether we've had birds for a week or 5 years.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/14/11 12:14 PM

I appreciate all the tips and reports on here (with the exception of the side trip into miscommunication. :-) )

The point about mirrors caught my eye as something I need to fix. My room is probably not that keet-proof, but I'll be careful to let Billie out only when I can be here. Then I can deal with problem spots as they develop.

No progress yet on coming out. She gets lots of exercise flying up and down in the big Hagen cage, so at least she'll be in shape when she gets ready.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/14/11 12:49 PM

Yeah, I don't much like those side trips myself Lane.

It's been over a week and she still hasn't ventured out?
Is there anything near her cage that she might view as being scary?
Intimidating pictures or sculptures? Big stuffed animals...scary model ship nearby? Anything hanging over her cage?
Sounds like she might be afraid of something. hmmm
Think like a little keet. Look around. Is there anything that might be scary in her eyes?

Have you tried putting fav toys or treat of some kind on the landing platform or cage top?

Best if you can deal with problem spots BEFORE they arise if you see any. Why wait for a problem to develop if it can be avoided in the first place?

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/15/11 04:58 AM

You are right, I was harsh. By the way in my other post I did not say grit was good for them, just that it does not hurt them. I have never ever heard of any parakeet dying from the consumption of grit, so if you have, let me know wink I always do and always have told people not to use it. And I stand by the fact that holding a parakeet in a way that it does not hurt it, but it cannot fly away is no more cruel than picking up a kitten. Especially if you have had the bird for years.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/15/11 02:19 PM

Yep, gravel and grit in fact can be harmful. It can cause crop impaction.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/15/11 02:34 PM

Originally Posted By: kksuns
It's been over a week and she still hasn't ventured out?
Is there anything near her cage that she might view as being scary?

Well, yes, it's a possibility, because I have a lot of junk in my room. But, harsh as it may seem, it's my stuff, and it's going to stay. I've covered the mirror to prevent accidents, but that's it for now.

My hope was that familiarity would breed... well, not contempt, but comfort.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/15/11 05:05 PM

Usually animals that are afraid of something will get so used to it in their environment that it just becomes part of the scenery.

I had a horse once that was terrified of my chickens. He would run around like an idiot whenever he saw one so I put a chicken is a covered cage in his pasture and within 1 day he couldn't care less about the chicken. In fact he rather liked them later on and would check them out when they came close enough.

If Billie has been in the same area, that area should be okay for her or she would be freaking out all the time, I would think.

Give her time. she probably knows how much you want her to come out and she is holding out for when your not looking!

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/15/11 05:17 PM

Not saying you have to get rid of your junk. Just a little rearranging to make Billie more comfortable. With kids or animals, we as parents sometimes have to make sacrifices. It's all a part of parenthood.

Tess is right, some do just get used to things and so be it. But not ALL of them adjust so easily. If I remember right there was another member here, Preciousbaby with Blossom maybe? that couldn't figure out why her bird would not come out. Turns out it was as simple as moving a big stuffed animal that was too close for comfort. Once she moved it out came the bird.

So all in all, yeah I do think it sounds harsh. And even a bit selfish not wanting to make a little change in your environment to make a little bird feel safe enough to enjoy some freedom.

Sure I could be wrong and it's NOT something scaring her, but if it is....it's worth looking in to and not hard to do.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/16/11 06:05 AM

thats only if they eat way too much. If you eat too much of ANYTHING it can be harmful....you can eat or drink yourself to death with anything. The only way grit impaction would happen is if the owner provided unlimited amounts and not enough food or if the bird had a psychological problem. But they even said they only give their bird a little grit and that cannot be harmful. Thats like saying oh well you said its safe to drink water but people can die from water. You read too much into things.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/16/11 11:52 AM

Isn't that like saying chocolate is poisonous to dogs, but if you only give a little its okay?

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/16/11 04:15 PM

sixbirds,
Why so argumentative all the time?
No I don't read too much in to things. If it has obviously found that gravel n grit can cause crop impaction, and it is now known they do not need it in their diet, WHY take a chance at all????

Whatever, I don't come here to argue.
To each their own crazy
Posted By: Cetan

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/16/11 06:44 PM

I agree with kksuns - birds that eat whole seeds like chickens do need some grit but birds that hull theirs seeds do not need grit or gravel at all and it can be very harmful so why give them any?
Also sometimes a bird just feels very safe in their cage and dont want to venture out. Mac and Kiwi love to fly and I keep the door to the flight open a lot when I am home. They fly around but Greengirl (RIP) and Sunshine just dont come out. The door is open, their cage mates are flying around but they never seem to want to go out.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/21/11 01:48 PM

Finally, some progress. Billie has shown no interest in finger-perching, but she is strongly attracted to my face (who wouldn't be?).

With the "drawbridge" arrangement, my Hagen cage has two "porches" when the doors are open. I put my face close to the lower porch, and Billie came out on it. She bumped my nose a few times with her beak, and then climbed out on the outside of the cage, finally finding her way to the top porch and back inside.

She'll be flying around yet!

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/21/11 08:25 PM

LOL You're a funny guy Lane.

Sounds like Billie is getting braver and yesss she will be out flying in no time.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/23/11 03:57 PM

You've got me laughing too Lane. "Who wouldn't be?" indeed! Well it makes sense. Birds are attracted to other birds faces, not their feet. I think she's well on her way. I don't remember exactly, but I don't think I've EVER touched Chippy's body. But now over a year later, he's all about coming to me and making my body (any part that's convenient) his own property. Be a bird, Lane. *S*

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/23/11 06:20 PM

Lane Serenade is like that too. He let's me get my face close when he is sitting on the cage. He still not too fond of hands, he is not scared though of launching out and trying to fly. But he can't fly, just runs on the floor. Sometimes I put the cage on the floor so he can go in or out more easily. Have you tried that?
Posted By: Cetan

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/24/11 09:46 PM

I am lucky that Mac and Kiwi will go back to their cage when bored outside plus they are perch trained so if I put a perch by them they will hop on and I can carry them back, one at a time, if I need to go out and they havent gone back in yet. Mac will sometimes jump onto my hand or land on my shoulder. Sunshine is not trained but she doesnt come out on her own, even when the door is open for hours and the boys are flying around.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/26/11 01:28 PM

Billie took her first flight around my room a couple of days ago, but I'm not sure there'll be another one. I think she was just doing her usually flying around in the big cage and accidentally went out one of the doors.

She flew all over the room in a haphazard fashion, banging into the walls. She finally landed, and I talked to her for a while, which seemed to calm her down. When she took flight again, it was more controlled and she quickly found her way "home."

I don't think she enjoyed the experience, because there have been no repeats since.

Lane
Posted By: pepperandrocky

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/26/11 04:33 PM

Lane, they always crash into walls on their first few flights til they learn their flight pattern. Birdie did lots of crashes at first even though she knew how to fly when I got her. Took a few tries but she seldom will crash into anything now.

Sounds like you handled it well after she landed. You don't want to panic or run up to her after she lands, just talk calmly to her and tell her what a good girl she is. smile I'm hoping she'll come out again and start to learn her way around the room.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 07/26/11 05:23 PM

Yey! She'll come out again I'm sure because she will get bored or curious. Was the room nice and bright? CeeCee will occasionally knock into things if it is dim.
Posted By: illusive Fantasy

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/26/11 04:44 AM

just doing some catching up here when i was gone and got a chuckle out of this thread...

lane if you come back...have you ever watched new people taking flying lessons...especially their first landings well even take off's...its funny ...they cant get the hang of it right away...its the same with our birds ..

in fact new birds out of the nest in the wild OFTEN crash and burn or PLOP hard to the ground...this is all natural and normal and practice makes perfect

so i hope you dont restrict your bird ...as it has to first figure out what ya bump into and whats a safe landing zone and how to turn and slow down to land etc...

billie will be fine...it may take a few times but she will be so much happier to join your company once she gets all the bumps and grinds giggle out of the way

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/26/11 11:25 AM

Good to see you back, illusive!

I lurk here daily, even though I don't always post.

I guess Billie gets enough vigorous exercise with her frequent flights inside the cage, because she's certainly not in any hurry to move out into the room. Her cage doors are always open in the daytime, and a few times each day she will hop out on to one of the "porches," and sometimes climb up the outside from the "first floor" to the "second."

Progress is being made. A couple of days ago she took her first out-of-cage flights that were not panic-driven. It was just a couple of short takeoffs and landings, but I still considered it a major step forward. I guess that satisfied her immediate desire for adventure, because there have been no outside flights since then.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/26/11 01:03 PM

Billie is doing just fine. Just those couple short practice flights is a major step in the learning process. She'll be venturing out and about more and more I'm sure.
Before long she will be a full fledged pilot. Once she is flying with more confidence her whole world will open up and she will become more social with you. You'll see smile

How is the veggie eating coming along?
If she's not eating vegs yet, you might want to consider getting veggie powders to mix with her seed. Sometimes we have to be sneaky about getting these kids to eat their veggies. wink shhhh

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/26/11 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: kksuns
How is the veggie eating coming along?
If she's not eating vegs yet, you might want to consider getting veggie powders to mix with her seed. Sometimes we have to be sneaky about getting these kids to eat their veggies. wink shhhh

Sneaky might be appropriate. She loves Romaine lettuce which I occasionally clip to the cage. I sometime defrost some mixed veggies, but I suspect she only eats the corn. That's about it, so I'm interested in the veggie powder and would appreciate knowing exactly what you get and where.

I confess I'm put off by the exhorbitant shipping charges that some bird supply firms charge. When Billie started molting, I was very pleased that a local pet shop had Kaytee Molting and Conditioning food for $4.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/26/11 05:30 PM

hi lane...

thanks for the welcome back...

well you just cant avoid those ship charges for the most but to have peace of mind that your bird is not getting additives to its food and to feed organic seeds and grains is worth it...

those shorter flights are a good sign actually as kksuns mentioned ...she will adventure more and more and actual flight is better than a quick flutter of wings inside the cage which you refer to as flying...

try some small herbs like what you would find in a grocery store for reg cooking...like some parsley flakes...cilantro...thyme...crushed red pepper...and mix it up in her reg food mix...do that for a started on THOSE herbs...as you cant feed just any herbs that would be a good start..but the powders i never see sold in the herbal section and you may have to break down and pay a ship charge ...or just keep offering fresh veggies...whats in the mixed veggies you try to feed now besides corn.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/26/11 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: illusive Fantasy
try some small herbs like what you would find in a grocery store for reg cooking...like some parsley flakes...cilantro...thyme...crushed red pepper...and mix it up in her reg food mix...do that for a started on THOSE herbs.

Thanks, that's do-able right away.

Quote:
...or just keep offering fresh veggies...whats in the mixed veggies you try to feed now besides corn.

Carrot slices, green beans, and English peas. The corn kernels are the only items that I see she's munched.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/26/11 08:02 PM

ok thats a good garden mix for sure but it could be your bird ...like Cappy doesnt like soft mushie foods which that would be considered to be...try some fresh not frozen green or snow pea pods maybe she will like sorta pecking thru the pod to find the peas...give her a head start with them by partially splitting the pod lengthwise so she can investigate ...and dont give up lol...show her what your doing to when you do that...and then attach to the side of the cage...

another thing you could try is with the carrots being soft ...put a string thru the center of a few and hang or do it with fresh raw carrot but then watch to make sure once she rips them off to be able to remove that string so she doesnt get hung up in it...shishkabab style with some veggies...it sure will be colorful giggle

and then be sure to let all of us know how things went..

once she gets a few taste of it i think she will like it ...worth a try anyway

im gonna be very busy in next few days while this hurricane comes and maybe without power for several days starting sunday if we get hit bad and it seems we will be hit bad enough to warrant power and phone outages...so today my son and i are rounding up outside things and securing things in readiness for all this mess coming

Posted By: *6 budgie nutz*

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/30/11 10:13 PM

If they can fly and have view of there food, then yes, Thats shelter and food to them.
Now if there wings are clipped and there food out of view no.
With that being said. It is never a good idea to leave a bird out unattended. There are way too many dangers for them. And believe me. evan if we look around the room and say hmmm it seems safe, you better believe your bird WILL find something to get into. so just use your common sense and always keep a eye on your babies.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/30/11 10:36 PM

very good advice...we dont often think like a animal and they DOOOOO find things to get into WE would never think of

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/30/11 10:48 PM

oh absolutly. And I love how you worded that, "to think like an animal".
Birds are naturally curious and get bored very easily. Specally the males who in most cases tend to be more energetic.
You really do have to think like an animal in order to keep them safe.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/31/11 12:22 AM

well thats hard to do for most folks as animals are LOGICAL something people have forgotten about lol smile

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/31/11 12:26 AM

haha, totally agree!
Posted By: pepperandrocky

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/31/11 04:58 AM

When Birdie is having her 'out time' most of that time is spent playing on the floor with her toys. She reminds me of a crawling baby, they will find every speck on the floor and put it in their mouths! For those that are parents, remember how your crawling baby could find things on the floor you never knew were there? Well a budgie is the very same way, no matter how you think you've picked up everything, they will still find something to put in their mouths. It's like they are a magnet to all the 'no-see-ums' in your house.

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/31/11 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: pepperandrocky
Well a budgie is the very same way, no matter how you think you've picked up everything, they will still find something to put in their mouths. It's like they are a magnet to all the 'no-see-ums' in your house.

You're all helping me be glad that, so far, Billie is content to just sit on her porches and let the world go by... with a song, of course.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/31/11 11:22 AM

awwwwwwwwww now be brave lane lol...or discover a vacuum cleaner laugh

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/31/11 12:13 PM

Originally Posted By: illusive Fantasy
awwwwwwwwww now be brave lane lol...or discover a vacuum cleaner laugh

Hey, this is a man cave. Me 'n' Billie (Billy?) don't need no stinking vacuum cleaner.

But seriously, folks, I actually have a small upright that stays in the room... gotta have something to pick up the peanut shells, y'know.

Lane

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/31/11 12:17 PM

I think peanut shells would be okay for birds!!! lol

Re: Will a Keet Return to its Cage on its Own? - 08/31/11 04:49 PM

popcorn is better lol im sooooo cracking up n here laugh

non buttered of course

PEANUTSSSS!!!! ....POPCORNNNNNNN!!!!

sounds like a ballpark
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum