Lisa Shea

New Keet needs name!

Posted By: XPR15SR

New Keet needs name! - 05/26/11 06:12 PM

Hi everyone,

So my wife and I decided that Doc needed a friend to play with. And let me tell you, it was the best decision we could have made. These two get along like, as Forrest Gump put it, 'peas and carrots'. We have completed the quarantine period and have also taken the new guy for his wellness check up. happy to report everything is good.

But, for the life of me I can't seem to come up with any names that just make me say 'That's it'!!! So I am coming to you for help. My wife has started calling him Pickle because he is green, but I can;t seem to make myself say it. I kind of like Sprite because he is green/yellow but that just seems to easy, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, here are a couple pics for you to see.

So what do you think?
Posted By: Jessica Cole

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/26/11 07:36 PM

Is it a boy or a girl? I can't see the cere from this view. Looks like the forehead is smoothing out with no stripes, so we might be able to tell what it is. smile Pickle sounds cute! laugh

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/26/11 07:44 PM

He's a boy.
Posted By: tessboss

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/26/11 08:07 PM

I had two twin cats one time and named them Doc Holiday and Billie the Kid. Doc and Billie. Or maybe in honor of the new bird movie from Disney RIO. That's my 2 cents!

Very handsome boy!
Posted By: Kimberly1985

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/26/11 08:50 PM

Don't have any name suggestions because it was so hard to come up with one for Yoshi! But he's a beauty!
Posted By: Connor G

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/27/11 03:04 AM

Tico?
Posted By: Jessica Cole

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/27/11 03:34 AM

Tess, I was thinking Holiday too! Doc and Holiday! Lol! Put them together and what do you get? :3 That's funny! Hehe!
Posted By: kksuns

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/27/11 01:04 PM

No names are popping in to my head yet..but wanted to say Congrats on the new kid.
EXCELLENT news that they seem to be getting along so well. Yay! My 2 got along tremendously right from the start too. You might find Doc teaching the new kid the ins n outs of the household. Levi was an amazing teacher, he seemed to take Ziggy under his wing so to speak almost immediately after they were introduced.

Quarantine period is up already?? You been holdin out on us XPR!!! lol

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/28/11 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: kksuns
Quarantine period is up already?? You been holdin out on us XPR!!! lol

I have been.lol Yeah, I have had him for over a month already. Been thinking about getting another for a while now but wasn't sure if time was right. But wife and I decided to go for it. Then saw this little guy and couldn't help myself. Holliday is good except that Doc's full name is Doc Holliday. Was thinking Wyatt Chirp. Wife is calling him Pickle. But she calls Doc...Pigeon. So I guess I can still call him anything that I want.

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/28/11 11:42 AM

I love Wyatt Chirp! That is an excellent name. You were holding out on us!

You do know that your going to take a little heat for not doing 90 days of quarentine?

I know already I could not keep two keets apart for 90 days. I myself would probably do 30 days and get a vet check up and proceed forward after that.

I know Illusive I can already hear ya telling me to wait the 90 days!! lol

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/28/11 08:36 PM

Oooh I love the name Wyatt Chirp too! VERY cool...and manly grin

I like the name Pickle too, it's cute..but not manly enough for such a handsome lil man.
Besides, Wyatt goes better with Doc for sure wink

S'okay, my guys have more than one name too. And ya know? I do believe they know them all. lol

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/31/11 01:03 AM

I have settled on Wyatt Chirp. Although, I believe that he is just going to have two names. My son started calling him Pickle-Head and that makes me laugh. Anyway, thanks to everyone for your input.

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/31/11 01:36 PM

lol Pickle Head. Too cute. laugh
Nothin wrong with having 2 names. Rest assured he'll know who you're talking to if he hears the names often enough.

How's the hand taming/training going with Wyatt? Any interest in you humans?

BTW XPR, illusive's comp is down so she hasn't been on in a few days. I've talked to her a few times on the phone and filled her in.

She says Congrats on the new guy! tsk tsk and a finger shake at the not doing 90 day quarantine..but she can take over on that one when she comes back.

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/31/11 09:49 PM

Told ya !! Illusive would say tsk tsk for not doing the 90 day time. Ha! Even though her computer is down we all know her pretty well and what she would say.

I love the name Wyatt Chirp! Drop the pickle head if you can...lol

Re: New Keet needs name! - 05/31/11 11:43 PM

Wyatt hasn't made it to finger training yet, but he does hop up on a perch first time every time when I offer it to him. I think that is pretty good. He also lets me touch him which is something that Doc has never let me do. Only time will tell if I will be able to get them both to be comfortable with finger training or if Doc will regress. Doesn't really matter cause I can see already that he is much happier with a playmate. That's what really matters.

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/01/11 09:29 PM

Wow! I'd say Wyatt is doing more than just "pretty good" with the perch training. Sounds VERY good to me. Nice job XPR.

If Doc is bonded with you, finger trained, and takes it upon himself to want to be with you I don't think he will regress just because you now have Wyatt. At least it didn't seem to effect Levi that way when I brought Ziggy in to the picture.

Totally AWESOME that you can already see that Doc is happier having a bird bud. You're right...their happiness IS what is important. I know that Levi is very happy to have Ziggy and vice versa. They can play and FLYYY together. Chase each other around...I swear they even have flying races. LOL Things that us mere humans cannot do.

But I do think perch and finger training is important too, if only for emergency situations, and also to make vet trips a little easier on them? So keep working on it.

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/01/11 11:09 PM

Thanks kk. They don't get a chance to fly together yet as Wyatt's wings are clipped. But I see the flights growing in a little. So it won't be long now. Having Wyatt not able to fly has been good for Doc to though. He see Wyatt down on the floor and Doc wants to be with him so badly that Doc comes down and plays on the floor now too. He usually just flies around and lands on light fixtures and what not. Doc even landed on my glasses the other day which was a first.
Posted By: JeanneM

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/03/11 03:42 AM

Will you be training them to talk? Cause if you are, I'd certainly teach a few western phrases like "DRAW"! or " Meet me at the OK coral." LOL

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/03/11 10:15 PM

I do play a recording of my voice saying 'Pretty Bird' and 'Good Boy' for them everyday for 15 minutes, sometimes longer. Neither one has repeated anything yet. I would like for them to talk but I am not stressed about it. Maybe if/when they start talking I will see if they can say those phrases, Jeanne. Too funny.
Posted By: pepperandrocky

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/04/11 03:29 AM

"Hands up" would be another good phrase for them to say. wink

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/04/11 10:31 AM

I spent months and months and thousands of repetitions of "cutie bird" and Bob's first word was Bobaroo, a nick name I have for him that I only said 4 times a day, if that....go figure!

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/04/11 01:59 PM

lol Tess, same with Levi, he doesn't repeat things I've TRIED to teach him..he seems to pick up on things I must say a lot without thinking about it.
At any rate XPR, i think you'd have to play the recording more than once a day for it to work.
Niiice that Doc is "expanding his world" and playing on the floor with Wyatt. By any chance do they like playing with those plastic cat ball toys with bells in them? Mine love those things. They make excellent floor toys. Just be sure everyone watches their step when the boys are out...most especially since Wyatt can't fly to get out of the way yet.
Posted By: illusive Fantasy

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/04/11 10:11 PM

BOOOOOOOOO only here for a few using sons computer dont know when mine will get fixed or replaced and i cant use his computer everyday....congratulations on your new addition

can you teach the birds to say 90 DAY QUARANTINE

you will find a name that will fit eventually with the antics he does etc

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/05/11 12:44 AM

kk-I have to get more of those plastic balls because I lost them during our move. Doc did like them though.

Illusive- Nice to see you back even though only for a minute. No, I can't teach them that....but I am sure they will learn plenty of other sarcasm though.

Re: New Keet needs name! - 06/05/11 01:21 AM

HA! Good one XPR

I have to get more of those plastic balls myself. We somehow manage to lose them all the time. I think the couch eats them. LOL
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum