http://www.avianweb.com/toptenbirdkillers.html

Check this out!

Dawn
thatagirl

P.S.
Sparky is doing great!
Posted By: tweetymom

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/17/10 09:28 PM

Hey, thanks for sharing that article with us. Some good info in there!
Posted By: budgielover :)

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/17/10 10:25 PM

Wow ... I never knew that people sleep with parakeets.
Posted By: 428pm

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/18/10 03:44 AM

I read that last one too, and was like what???
Posted By: Love My Budgies

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/18/10 12:28 PM

Reading that list makes me so sad. frown cry
Posted By: Lady Vyz

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/18/10 08:04 PM

Wow - We have been using those round protective mite killers for years. Does anyone else use them? I just place a new one in both Dickie and our new guy Denis cages this week since it seems Denis has mites. (Denis is quarantined in another room)

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/19/10 07:21 AM

A few years ago I got one and that night when I covered up the cage for bed time, I noticed how strong and potent it smelled, and I threw it away!

I use Ivermectin, once a month, (a tiny drop) in their water dish and bath. I get it from my vet but you can buy it in feed stores. It works and it's not poison. Google it for more info.
Posted By: Jessica Cole

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/19/10 02:13 PM

I can't believe people sleep with their birds! I'd be afraid of smooshing them! Aaaah! 8 /
Posted By: **mattie**

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/21/10 08:05 PM

Me neither--I just can;t believe people sleep w/them. I would love too, aswell, but no way!

Re: TOP TEN BIRD KILLERS - 03/21/10 08:23 PM

I can't imagine this. I would never be able to sleep for fear of smothering them! Besides, who wants poopies in their beds!

But I have had a couple friends who have very large birds, and at times let them sleep in the bed with them. I still don't see it, but to each his own I guess!

One of these friends was my boyfriend, and he had this huge red parrot that he let have the run of the house most of the time. I was terrified of this huge bird and didn't know anything about any birds at the time. I would wake up and he (the bird)would be like, a foot from my face, staring at me!! Jeez, it scared the daylights outa me, because I DID know how their beaks had all this pressure that could take off your finger in a second!!
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum