Lisa Shea

Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Caninerz

Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/23/09 10:18 PM

Shes driving me crazy!!!!!!!! Every time im near her or she ses me move, SHE SCREAMS HER LUNGS OUT!!!!!!!!!!
How the heck do i stop this?!?! Its sooooo annoying and its never ending almost. And i want to be able to spend time with her without any screaming...

Any tips on how to stop this before i go insane?
Posted By: Sprite97

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/23/09 10:48 PM

Is there something in her cage that is bothering here?
Or maybe she is hurt or something is Irritating her.
I am not sure but i would definetly talk to an avian vet.

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/23/09 10:58 PM

I think IM he one whos irritating her lol. Seriously...
Posted By: Ziggy

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/23/09 11:19 PM

move her into a room where ur not much around and talk reall softly with her try to keep distance and make no sudden moves.
me and ziggy getting better i didnt even try havin him hop on my finger today juss talking with him and he seems to be chatty =).
after i put new toys in his cage he was a little bugged didnt see him drink maybe he didnt want to, (he ate well). he finally took a small sip of water today.
but he is still scared of the toys...

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/23/09 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Caninerz
I think IM he one whos irritating her lol. Seriously...

LOL! Maybe you did something to freak her out? Are you sure its you?
Also maybe she sees something you dont, My bird will freak out if he sees fly's flying around she will stand there screamingn till i kill it then he will go back to Normal.

One more question is it constant non stop screaming or every once in a while

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/23/09 11:35 PM

well i dont think its me i think its people in general...
we first got her when she was still considered a baby birdy.
and when i saw her in the cage i felt sorry for her and even then she would scream at me lol. i knew she might have been bad but i didnt think it would be THIS bad. i think somehing might have gone wrong at the pet store like they might have dropped her or did something else that would make her not trust humans...
i dont know... she wont let me toudh her if she sees my face or hand but other wise i can give her a little scratch...

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/23/09 11:47 PM

That might be the reason. A lot of birds are mistreated and they have lasting effects. How long have you had her?

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/23/09 11:47 PM

That might be the reason. A lot of birds are mistreated and they have lasting effects. How long have you had her?

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 12:08 AM

About a month...
But my first baby budgie (Bloo) was used to me within a week and right when we got her she wasnt very scared of me but Isis is like the opposite of Bloo

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 12:25 AM

is it Bloo who is the different one or Isis? What i mean is, is it normal for babybirds to be nice, or mean to you? who the unique one here?
Posted By: Sky & Emerald

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 12:28 AM

Did you try giving her some millet to calm down?My keets love millet!I hold up a little piece of it when they do something good and they eat it of course.But I've never had a problem with my birds screaming.But maybe thats because I've only had them for a week...

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 12:32 AM

i had mine less then a week and i think were bonding fine i say something and he chirps back to me =) still scared to come out thoo

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 12:57 AM

ive tried millet but she wont eat it. Bloo didnt eat millet from the spray so i had to pick it off until i showed her what the "weird bumpy branch" was lol.
Posted By: tealcandtina

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 04:04 AM

It might take a little longer for her to calm down and start trusting you. Give her time. It does sound like a girl bird, they squawk the most and loudest. Keep her cage partially covered. Sit near her when you eat and read and do your normal stuff if you can. It takes time. I bet she will come around soon. Good luck and don't give up. The feisty ones just need more love!
Posted By: tweetymom

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 06:25 AM

Just try not being upset when you're near her. Talk softly no matter what she's doing and when you have to do something in the cage, don't give her eye contact. Just go on about your business like she wasn't screaming her head off. They can sense your feelings and emotions, just like little children, and they re-act to that.

The thing about not giving eye contact is not something I read about. I just tried it when I got my two rescue girls. they were really ALL geeked out, from being passed around a few times before I got them. eventually they calmed down. Use "baby talk " too. I's soothing to them. (I HAVE read that, about all animals)

BTW, my birds HATE bugs too. They have a real fit till I can get it out or away from them!

Good luck. It WILL work out as long as you remain calm and unaffected by her screaming.

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 07:02 AM

in about how long did the 2 rescue girls get used to you and come out and hang-out?

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 07:30 AM

well, a long time, actually. It took a long time just to get them used to me putting my hands in the cage! And I think it really depends on the individual bird. One of mine didn't take long at all. The other one did. Also, if I'm working a lot of hours it seems like they get a little wild, then when I have time to spend with them, it's like they get mad at me for being away.

I takes patience, for sure. Some members have said they've had their birds for a long time and they still aren't tame.

So spend as much time as you can with her. The more time you can spend with her, the sooner she will be used to you.

Put the millet in your hand and see if she will eat it out of your hand (in the cage). Get ready for some bites! She will proobably bite you many times. But the worst thing you can do would be to re-act to her bites. Just resign yourself to taking the bite, and don't pull your hand back. Once she sees that biting you is not going to drive you way, she might stop biting , but maybe not! My girl, Romena, still acts like she's going to bite me, following my hand with her beak but not biting! Boy was I ever happy bout that!

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 08:41 AM

Another thought: Have you looked in the Lisa Shea Parakeet Care section? Also, you can type in Parakeet training and care and find all kinds of info.
Posted By: baby blue

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 07:17 PM

tweety mom is right, that section has absolutely great info! it is defiantly worth reading! keep trying, be calm an be patient, it will all be fine. smile

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 11:55 PM

thx guys!!! Isis is already starting to scream less and less.

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/24/09 11:59 PM

thats great whats working?

Re: Isis WONT Stop SCREAMING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!! - 10/25/09 01:05 AM

well i started to let her fly/walk around my room a bit more...
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum