Lisa Shea

What silly things do your birds do?

Posted By: RachelMissy

What silly things do your birds do? - 08/23/09 05:59 AM

just now after my budgie was eating his healthy bits (treats) he started wiping his beak on the mirror. He loves his mirror with a built in treat cup laugh

http://www.petco.com/product/6392/Avian-...=Bird_Parakeets

Also after I give him a shower he licks the water off his swing xD He's in training now, and I'm very proud of him because he attempted to come out of his cage.He seems happy and playful tonight. lol. I'm thinking about getting him one of those play sets like this one:

http://www.petco.com/product/105598/Penn-Plax-Bird-Activity-Center.aspx?CoreCat=Bird_Parakeets

It might motivate him in training laugh What do you think? And what silly things do your bird(s) do?
Posted By: james'94

Re: What silly things do your birds do? - 08/23/09 06:37 AM

my bird kinda pecks at the mirror in his cage.like hes trying to tell his reflection to get out.
Posted By: RachelMissy

Re: What silly things do your birds do? - 08/23/09 07:34 AM

aw now he's perched up on my laptop screen, and still playful smile
Posted By: **mattie**

Re: What silly things do your birds do? - 08/23/09 03:12 PM

LMAO, my Dixie is a 'birdy-pole-dancer'

LOL!

He hangs from the top of the swing and does tricks LOL.
Posted By: mossy2

Re: What silly things do your birds do? - 08/23/09 04:01 PM

One of my birds, Mossy, likes to hang out in the pockets of my sweatshirts.
Posted By: Sherby'sMom

Re: What silly things do your birds do? - 08/23/09 09:30 PM

Sherby does lotsa funny things. He likes to throw things off his cage. if you put a toy up there he will throw it off. If you pick it up and put it back he'll continue to do the same things for a long time. he'll also climb on top of his cage and pull his swing off to listen to it crash to the bottom. He used to wear his bell as a hat (I think there are pics of that in the gallery). My latest favorite antic is sherby will he will bob his head up and down and say "sherbysherbysherbysherbysherby..."
Ditto hasn't developed as many quirks yet, but we've only had her since march. I'm sure she'll have her moments.
Posted By: **mattie**

Re: What silly things do your birds do? - 08/23/09 09:31 PM

LOLMAO!

Ahahah.
Cute!
Posted By: baby blue

Re: What silly things do your birds do? - 08/23/09 10:25 PM

marble likes to climb to the top of the cage, dangle by 1 foot and then get himself swinging enough to be able to catch the side rails with his beak. when he gets hold he lets go of the top and slides as fast as he can to the bottom...head first! smile
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum