Lisa Shea

yay!my budgie is talking.

Posted By: james'94

yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 12:08 AM

ok today i was watching TV while bubby was preening then he looked at me and he started warbling so i said "hey are you talking to me?" then i started watching tv again then all of a sudden he warbled and it sounded just like "are you talking to me?"!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 12:36 AM

oh cool! Hope it wasn't a fluke!!
Posted By: kksuns

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 12:37 AM

OMG how cool! If you think you heard it in there with the warbling maybe he DID say it.Do you say that to him often?
Levis 1st phrase was Whatcha doin? Apparently I said that to him evry time I went near his cage LOL And at first when we heard him saying it, it was mixed in with the warbling.
Woohoo! Keep saying it to him and maybe it will become more and more clear smile
Posted By: MgateTina

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 12:57 AM

How old are budgies when they start to talk? I am a new budgie mom... Well.. I had 2 keets when I was little but they weren't really my responsibility & I was so young I don't remember much. I have had my babies now a week, it seems like it could be an eternity before they enjoy as much I enjoy them.. The best thing that's happened so far was yesterday I was going to give them a bowl of water with the hopes they would bathe... 7 I got really lucky!!!! They bothe jumped right into the bowl while it was still in my hand.. They seemed to like it held up high so I stood there for about 10 mins and letthem splash around. I tried again today, but they weren't interested frown I always say "Whatcha Doin?" too when I walk up to the cage... So maybe someday I'll hear it back!!!
Posted By: Jasper's mom

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 01:54 AM

Yay! I love talking keets! Jasper first said 'pretty bird'. It was a while before I heard it a second time, but he says it alot now.... like when I try to get him to take a bath, lol.

You never know what they will pick up though. At first when he would start his loud 'yelling' at would respond with a loud 'what?' Then one day I called his name and guess what? He said 'what??' back to me. I quit saying that....

I REALLY wish he hadn't learned how to bark and sound like the dog's squeaky toy smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Jasper's mom
I REALLY wish he hadn't learned how to bark and sound like the dog's squeaky toy smile
LOL!!!!
Posted By: baby blue

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 03:16 AM

rotfl!!! i wanted to try to teach mine to pur, but i couldn't find a decent trac of a purring cat. thought it would be a hoot to see someone walk to the cage saying "oh you have birds" only to be greeted with contented purring from one of them!
Posted By: james'94

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 03:48 AM

bubbychirps alot , so yea i say "are you talking to me?" alot lol and hes picking it up already!

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 04:19 AM

gonna have to be careful i guess and lower the volume of some of the movies these days. if the viewer got a $ for every f word they heard, they could make an obscene bank deposit.
Posted By: **mattie**

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 11:42 AM

That's awesome!
Congrats!
smile
Dixie one time said something gargled like, "Hey", but it was a one time thing.
'Grats! smile
Posted By: Love My Budgies

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 07:48 PM

Congrats! It is so cool when they start to pick up words and sounds.
I am always shocked when my girl says something, blows kisses, mimics Goldfinch songs, or makes raspberries. I stopped trying to teach her new words-guess I don't have the patience for it, but I am happy with what she does now.
Posted By: binashraf

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 08:04 PM

i tried to teach my budgie to wistle ,but now he just does a very long high pitched squeek, usualy when he thinks im talking to him, then goes back to talking budgie language to his mate, he seems t obe getting better at it though, his mate puts him off, lol
Posted By: BijousMom85

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/06/09 09:08 PM

I say "hi baby bijou!" every time I'm near his cage. Mostly everyone that comes by says 'hi bijou!' so im hoping that eventually he will learn to say his name:) not sure if the 'j' sound is do able for budgies though? so far I haven't heard him speak, but he does do this little 'laugh' sometimes.

Re: yay!my budgie is talking. - 08/07/09 04:46 AM

they are so amazing aren't they?
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum