Lisa Shea

I just have to say....

Posted By: 428pm

I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 01:55 AM

There was a link to a rick roll here, 2 people said they had issues.

MANY others had not. No harm was meant.

chillax and smile smile
Posted By: Darkness

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:01 AM

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK! IT IS A VIRUS! C-MOM JUST TOLD ME THAT SHE CLICKED IT AND SHE LOST ALL COMPUTER ABILITY!!![b][/b]

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:03 AM

its not a virus. Relax.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:05 AM

Caribbean mom(Sheri) is on my phone right now. She said it took over her computer and couldn't do anything. She rebooted and now she can't do anything. Can't close or anything. She's very upset.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:06 AM

Again, its not a virus.
Posted By: TMI_Ash

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:06 AM

Confundus!
Posted By: animalfriend

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:07 AM

It spazzed out my computer. Tell Cmom to Ctrl+Alt+delete and end task.

Anyone else if you click on it be prepared to have to Ctrl+Alt+delete as well...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:24 AM

428, I do not know why you think this is funny!! I can not believed others are banned from this forum and you can do THIS?? It may not be a virus in the sense that it "infects" my computer in the long run but when something TAKES OVER MY COMPUTER AND DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE TABS, CLOSE IT OUT BY NORMAL MEANS OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS A VIRUS!! Yes, I used caps on purpose, yes I am yelling and don't tell me to chill or relax or whatever. I am xxxxxx and I have every right to be *(sorry DeShanna know you said I should deal with this in a PM but I am too angry for that and EVERYONE needs to understand how totally WRONG this was so it is NOT repeated!!!!

This is the general parakeet chat forum, it is not a jokes and gags section!!!! WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH GENERAL PARAKEET CHAT?????

I am so angry right now. This was very very wrong!!!

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:27 AM

And to save you all the trouble, I notified PDM of my post! This is what I said:

I am notifying you of my own post before anyone else does. I swore and if anyone ever does something like 428 did I will swear again!!!

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:50 AM

Cripes, if this isn't justification for booting someone off this forum, I don't know what is! Screwing up people's computers? That'll keep new and old members off here more effectively than anything else I can think of. I'm with Caribbean Mom 100% on this --- that's REALLY serious, and I hope 428 will be dealt with! And DON'T tell people to chill after you wreck their computers!

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:51 AM

And so now can we trust links posted?

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:52 AM

I know I won't!
Posted By: james'94

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 03:10 AM

ok i was too late for the link buti get these in emails all the time and i say it gets annoying and the only way to get rid of it is to ctrl alt then delete and end task

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 03:17 AM

I had already told Sheri I was going to do this so for all to understand what being "rick roll'd" is. This is something that started in 2007.

Quote:
Rickrolling is an Internet meme typically involving the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up". The meme is a bait and switch: a person provides a web link that he or she claims is relevant to the topic at hand, but the link actually takes the user to the Astley video. The URL can be masked or obfuscated in some manner so that the user cannot determine the true destination of the link without clicking. When a person clicks on the link and is led to the web page, he or she is said to have been "Rickrolled" (also spelled Rickroll'd).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolling

It is not fun for those that have had it happen to them because it completely freezes everything on the computer until the song ends.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 03:37 AM

Okay, but it's still TOTALLY NOT OKAY on this forum! This is really, really infuriating!
Posted By: tweetymom

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 03:46 AM

Jeez! What next?! I'm already shell shocked after that "sex" thing last week. Now I don't know what to think.
Posted By: baby blue

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 04:00 AM

whatever it is... IT IS SICK, DESTRUCTIVE, FRUSTRATING AND JUST PLAIN DAMNED IGNORANT. DEFIANTLY NOT FUNNY OR "JUST A JOKE"
I THINK THIS IS MALICIOUS BEHAVIOR AND SHOULD BE A LEGITIMATE REASON FOR BANNING FROM THE FORUM!
i guess we start keeping track of who the zipperheads are that encourage this and NEVER trust their links again. since we are dealing with rude and frustrating.... does anyone have any idea what that "miss rose" thing the other day was?
Posted By: PDM

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 07:43 AM

Oh dear.

I think that 428pm made an error, in posting a link that caused people some serious problems.

I also think that, in the past, she has been a popular member of the forum, who has kept the rules.

I can only assume that it was meant to be light-hearted and enjoyable, but that it went wrong.

I can truly understand people becoming very concerned and annoyed, but can we not give someone a second chance?

Many members, on here, upset others from time to time ~ and I will comment upon it ~ but most will apologise and carry on to be happy, popular members of the forum.

Very few member are banned. It's not a course of action that I would recommend for an established forum member who happens to make a mistake.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 07:49 AM

May I add that I had never heard of a 'rick roll', but that, if they are going to cause such problems, posting links to them should be considered a rule-break.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: baby blue
whatever it is... IT IS SICK, DESTRUCTIVE, FRUSTRATING AND JUST PLAIN DAMNED IGNORANT. DEFIANTLY NOT FUNNY OR "JUST A JOKE"
I THINK THIS IS MALICIOUS BEHAVIOR AND SHOULD BE A LEGITIMATE REASON FOR BANNING FROM THE FORUM!
i guess we start keeping track of who the zipperheads are that encourage this and NEVER trust their links again. since we are dealing with rude and frustrating.... ..

If you feel strongly about someone's behaviour ~ no matter how angry you are ~ if it concerns the rules & running of the forum, send an alert, rather than taking matters into your own hands.

It is against the rules to call people names, even if you are angry at their behaviour.

This has been stated many times on the forum.

I can truly appreciate that you did not find this funny and that you are very angry. I, too, would be angry, if something posted on this site caused problems to my computer, but this is not the way to deal with it.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: 428pm
Again, its not a virus.

I am very relieved that it is not a virus, but it has caused problems, so it has to be taken seriously.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Caribbean mom :)
428, I do not know why you think this is funny!! I can not believed others are banned from this forum and you can do THIS?? It may not be a virus in the sense that it "infects" my computer in the long run but when something TAKES OVER MY COMPUTER AND DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE TABS, CLOSE IT OUT BY NORMAL MEANS OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS A VIRUS!! .....

I can understand your anger, because I do not find this funny, either, but there is a 'notify' button for such matters ~ and even justifiably angry members must not take matters into their own hands. Two wrongs don't make a right, as my mother always says.

Now that I know what a 'rick roll' is, let me clearly state that they are against the rules.

I think that if someone new arrived, simply to post one of these, then they might well be banned, but in this case, it was posted by a well-liked, long-term forum member.

As I said, I think that she made a serious mistake, but I do not think that it was done with any malice.

I think that she deserves the chance to apologise and start afresh.

I very rarely ban long-term members. Usually, any problems can be resolved, when they concern members who love the site.

Can we exchange apologies and forgiveness? smile
Posted By: **mattie**

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 02:37 PM

Well said, PDM.

I wish this forum was always filled with happiness.
But hey, we can make it with happiness if we try to!
Let's refresh whatever has happened when we joined the forum, not visited for a while, or left for a year or so.
Let's all start new.
smile

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 04:57 PM

i apologize for my earlier statement. it was out of line. i have always made a point of not singling out any member of this group. i respect all of you equally and i was caught up in so many things at the time yhay i did not think before i posted. is was unwarrented 428, i was wrong to say what i did.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 05:04 PM

i am angry with myself right now, especially after making the post earlier about the rules and then promptly breaking them. pdm, could you let me know any other times i have done so? i need to know if i have been doing so. if i have i did not mean to so if you let me know that i have been a problem, i will certainly take notice and cease the behaviour. pm or here, doesn't matter. thank you.

Re: I just have to say.... - 08/05/09 05:27 PM

I feel that several of you are not seeing the gravity of the incident.

Someone pulled a prank which made at least one member (and could have made many more) think that her computer had died or been infected with a virus. Regardless of the intent of the prank, the outcome was a negative effect on forum member(s).

How many of us were online for the keet forum is one thing; how many of us were online to hear news of a far-away loved one, or an update on financial transactions, or to support a friend going through a trauma? Having one's computer frozen is no laughing matter.

I personally think it should be grounds for immediate banning. Lisa recently posted about the immaturity on this forum; doesn't an irresponsible prank that frightened several members qualify as extreme immaturity?
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum