Lisa Shea

My Budgie is posing.

Posted By: TTUB

My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 03:06 AM

My budgie's name is Uri.
He has been striking this funny pose. His head goes to the side and he picks up on foot and keeps it in front of him...Is this normal?
Posted By: parak33tz

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 03:10 AM

usually if there dancing and head bobbing it means there excited, do you just have uri or another budgie? if you have a male and a female it may mean that they are going into breeding mode

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 03:11 AM

but yes it would be normal and ive seen 3 of mine stand on one foot so im guessing its normal

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 03:17 AM

But have you seen you're budgie with it's foot sticking forward?

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 03:22 AM

hmm. not sure, theyve been putting there feet up into there feathers but you may need to google it if you dont get an answer i reccomend taking uri to the vet

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 03:24 AM

or mabey hes the next snowball - the dancing cockatoo

does he do anything simiAR TO THIS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7IZmRnAo6s
Posted By: baby blue

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 04:03 AM

welcome to the forum ttub. :)can you get a pic of him? hard to judge, he may need a vet or he could be a big ham for you. a snap of the pose may make it easier to tell.
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 04:20 AM

Is it nap pose, one leg, the other is up close to the body and the head can be turned almost like they are trying to tuck it under their wing, that is a relaxed pose actually, resting.
Posted By: **mattie**

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 11:52 AM

Oh! So that's what it is. . .

But would it be in breeding mode?
I'm not the poster on this thread but do young 'keets recognize breeding?

We've had Missy & Dixie for about 4 months now.
This morning [as I'm writing this] Dixie is head bobbing at Missy. She's poofing up her feathers.

I'm just wondering if young parakeets know what breeding mode is.

I apologize if this was my question, not the posters.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 12:29 PM

Cocoas mom, he is saying the foot is going forward not up into the feathers. I do have to wonder a little about that. Yes, they pull them up to nap quiet often. But what exactly does this poster mean by forward? Sounds a bit odd to me but maybe what I am picturing in my mind is not even close to the reality of it.

At any rate, this is an excellent site to read up on budgie behavior and what it means:

http://www.budgieplace.com/behavior.html
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 05:17 PM

Oh sorry, I sort of thought they might mean that as forwardsince it is towards the front?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 07:29 PM

I'm not really sure either. A picture would help. Or maybe at least if they look at my link, they can tell for sure.

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/10/09 08:41 PM

That video looks pretty much the same to what Uri is doing but he s just staying in one place...
But I think I know what it is now.
My Female parakeet ( Tina ) had laid an egg...Is that why he is posing?

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/11/09 12:43 AM

it sounds like he is doing it on purpose. does he do it all the time or just every now and then? an egg!! do you have a nest box or did she lay it on the cage floor? perhaps he is doing a keet "i'm gonna be a dad dance"!

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/11/09 02:18 AM

Lol
Actually, There is two males in the cage. The other one is Tyler...But what Uri is more like doing "I'm going to be an Uncle dance!" XD

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/11/09 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: TTUB
Lol
Actually, There is two males in the cage. The other one is Tyler...But what Uri is more like doing "I'm going to be an Uncle dance!" XD
And yes there is a nesting box.

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/11/09 08:24 PM

hahaha!!!! too cool! i wish my old biddy's would let one of the young studs near em!

Re: My Budgie is posing. - 07/13/09 12:12 PM

Uri is still doing the pose. The more he does the more he looks like a statue made of blue marble. lol
I'm also starting to think he is trying to entertain her while she is sitting on her eggs.
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum