Lisa Shea

dixie & missy mom

Posted By: Anonymous

dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 10:22 PM

hey

was just wondering if you went to the vet yesterday and hoping for an update on missy smile

how is she doing? how is her wing??

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 10:25 PM

Ditto. Did you get a larger, non-toxic cage? Toys?
Posted By: Dixie&Miss' Mama

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 11:12 PM

Hiya thanks for asking! Tomorrow I am taking Missy in to the vets at 12 with my daughter. She's walking pretty fast for a bird with a bad wing. smile

I'll keep you updated tomorrow afterwards. smile.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 11:13 PM

And yes, we have toys. Before we had like 3 but now we have about 8. smile.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 11:17 PM

oh cool, u got pics of the new set up????

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 11:19 PM

Nope not yet. I'm taking a break off of the forum.

You should check my post why... frown Good bye.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 11:20 PM

how convenient.
Posted By: Chocoemilk

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: *helwa
how convenient.

Hahahahahaha (nice one *helwa I know it's not a joke, but it cracks me up as I thought the same)

D&M Mom!
Please do post the pictures before leaving, YOU KNOW how we all love the pictures!
Posted By: PDM

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 11:58 PM

Sarcasm is not nice.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/20/09 11:59 PM

i was not being sarcastic, not even one bit.
Posted By: animalfriend

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:03 AM

She actually wasn't being sarcastic I can vouch for that. We discussed this thread in a PM and she was honestly showing worry and interest.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:06 AM

i was not being sarcastic, not even one bit.

Agreed, no sarcasm there (in the convenience), although with a lot of space for misinterpretation.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:17 AM

Sarcasm isn't nice but neither is having an injured bird for weeks, unseen by a vet, and a toxic too-small cage with no toys. These are real issues and every single time someone inquires about them, there is no evidence that they've been addressed. This is disturbing.
Posted By: **mattie**

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:23 AM

Hi sorry for posting the other post but I had to create a new account. But I'm Dixie&Missy's Mom.

I was very stupid and pressed log out and I couldn't even remember my password which was again stupid of me.

2 : I decided hmm, why don't I just leave for a day or so. Then I wanted to come back but then I had to create a NEW account. Please forgive me if I had to create almost the same account.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:26 AM

WHAT IS THE STATUS OF YOUR BIRDS' HEALTH, CAGE, AND LIVING CONDITIONS? PLEASE ANSWER THIS. THANK YOU.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:28 AM

i am confidant that she is getting pics of the new toys she bought:)

i like to see what kind of toys people have as i make toys and i always liketo get ideas smile

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:33 AM

I made most of them and I am trying my best to get them on Photobucket.

I made a couple with beads and some other ones are from PetSmart. I'm trying to get them on fast.

And Helwa, I LOVE your signature. smile

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:34 AM

WHAT ABOUT MISSY'S WING AND THE CAGE?

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:38 AM

Can you please stop using CAPS?

Missy's going in tomorrow at 12 for the vets.

& The cage I am still working on finding.

Please. I'm trying my best to find a good rectangular cage.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:45 AM

i thought you said day after tomorrow

try petco ... they have good cheap cages, the finch flight cage is PERFECT... and its $50
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:50 AM

You Americans , stop flaunting your flight cages, 50 bucks won't even get you a carrier here, okay it will but not a a rinky dink parakeet starter kit that we all know and loath.

i totally remember you saying the vet appointment was Thurs. and you are taking both, it will be a relief i am sure if they check out okay. Good Luck.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:55 AM

why did you not keep the appointment you had for the 19th?? i sure hope missy's wing is ok.

lool coco ... ur canuks have free health care so hush !!! HAHA we might have cheap cages but we are all unhealthy LMAO

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 12:58 AM

RE: appointment on the 19th: http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthread...true#Post366019

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 01:02 AM

Ahem.

I made the appointment & then canceled. Just so you know...

Anyway. I'm going in tomorrow smile.

lolz to CM and another big lolz to Helwa. You guys cheer me up smile

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Dixie&Miss' Mom

I made the appointment & then canceled. Just so you know...
WHY DID YOU CANCEL? HOW MANY DAYS DOES THAT POOR BIRD HAVE TO GO WITHOUT CARE? DON'T YOU EVEN CARE? and --- what sort of forum sits here and passively accepts xx. story after xx. story when (supposedly) an animal is at stake?

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 01:23 AM

i agree pudgie. its been long enough, im not sure i beleive missy is even injured at all, but if she is, she needs to see a vet. i sure hope she makes it in tomorrow at noon and missy is ok.

lets wait and see ...
Posted By: budgiesrule

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 01:28 AM

xxx? sorry but if my bird was hurt i would asap that p-keet! to the avian specialty vet even the 24 hour one!!!!
please take your bird in. sorry for the foul language but pain is not to be taking lightly. i live in pain daily and to knowingly do that to an animal is unacceptable. said my peace, honest i am, please get the bird in?!
Posted By: animalfriend

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: budgiesrule
xxx? sorry but if my bird was hurt i would asap that p-keet! to the avian specialty vet even the 24 hour one!!!!
please take your bird in. sorry for the foul language but pain is not to be taking lightly. i live in pain daily and to knowingly do that to an animal is unacceptable. said my peace, honest i am, please get the bird in?!

This is the point that we have been trying to get across this whole time. It's good to see that a new member can see it as well. We are ultimately just looking out for the lives of innocent creature.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 02:21 AM

From another thread:
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=367691#Post367691

Originally Posted By: Dixie&Miss' Mama - 27/04/09
My Missy baby has a wing broken. I think. I am not sure! It looks as if it was pulled up. Should i try and pull it out a little? What should I do?

Originally Posted By: Dixie&Miss' Mama - 13/05/09
OMG!! That's the same thing that happened to Missy! Her wing is sticking up!!!
The white one! OMG! So you think it might be torn??? omg.

Btw nice cage and cute birdies.

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=365961

Originally Posted By: Dixie&Miss' Mama - 13/05/09
I went in yesterday and the blue keets are precious & I really want to add 1 more or 2 more. Then we'd have a pair (Missy & Dixie) then the other 2.

I've trained Dixie to trust me & since Missy's wing still is a bother I've been able to train her helpfully onto my hand.

Should we add another pair???

I really want to but I'm not sure.. ;-;

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=365960

Missy & Dixie's Mom.

On the 27th of last month, you claimed that your bird's wing was injured.

On the 13th of this month, you were still expressing concern about it, but hadn't seen a vet.

We are now drawing towards the end of May and still the bird hasn't seen a vet.

You say that you have an appointment, but you said that before ~ and, apparently, cancelled it.

I do not approve of people being harsh towards fellow members, but this is a bird lovers' forum and, if you ask bird lovers for advice, regarding an injured bird, and then you allow the bird to go untreated for several weeks, then you can expect them to become frustrated and angry, I think ~ especially if they are concerned about the suitability of the cage that the birds are being kept in.

Please give honest feedback to important questions.

Thank you.
Posted By: Carl

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 02:27 AM

If you need to ban me for this, PDM, I understand, but nonetheless:

Well done!

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 04:12 AM

i thought you said day after tomorrow

try petco ... they have good cheap cages, the finch flight cage is PERFECT... and its $50

She did say tomorrow. So we will have to wait, I think for around 12-16 hours until we get a feedback if we get any. Still 16 hours is better than 30.
Posted By: budgiesrule

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 04:13 AM

after re-reading all of this i am appauled. i truly hope that if there is a bird here hurting, that this bird gets help tonight! asap! I had NO idea this had gone on for so long and my heart is hurting for this bird.
please get it to the vet NOW. and if you cannot afford to and do not have the time call the avian vet and see if you can get some charity help for it??! truly, these precious little creatures give us so much it just breaks my heart to think that someone may knowingly let it suffer. please find a way to get it help.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Carl
If you need to ban me for this, PDM, I understand, but nonetheless:

Well done!
I agree completely -- not about banning Carl -lol- but I thought your post was on point and clear as crystal, PDM -- thanks!

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 10:11 AM

Well, we are going into the vets today.
Most of you have been on here longer than me like helwa and Coco's Mama
& I've probably been on here for what ? 2 months?? (I'm not talking about this account the other one) . So I'm still learning to fit in.

Re: dixie & missy mom - 05/21/09 11:10 AM

I think that you will start to fit in, once people are certain that your birds have been safely checked by a reliable vet.

They are concerned.
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum