Lisa Shea

parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep!

Posted By: guess what?

parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 02:40 AM

I think I just watched my keets birdy battle. They locked feet together, were flapping like crazy and there was acking. I couldn’t see clearly what they were doing with their beaks, but some of it looked like beak tugging. It lasted for a minute or two, I tried to stop them but they both ignored me. After they hit the cage floor they both returned to separate(but next to each other) perches and sat there for a minute in silence. After that they went back to kissing and preening. Really weird behavior… have any of your guys birds locked feet and fought befor?
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 03:11 AM

I have no clue ChickenBum , cos i only have one, funny avatar. but I miss the sultry poultry, it was my favourite to say, can you find a pic to go with that.let's see def. according to online dictionary.com
sultry-adjective, -trier, -triest.
1. oppressively hot and close or moist; sweltering:
a sultry day.
2. oppressively hot; emitting great heat: the sultry sun.
3. characterized by or associated with sweltering heat:
sultry work in the fields.
4. characterized by or arousing passion: sultry eyes.

Got any hot chicken? Sweaty chickens, or chickens with that come hither gaze? wink
Posted By: SweetBirdies

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 03:14 AM

oh wow...one thing comes to mind...LOL! GET MY MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER. sorry. laugh i know that is not how they do things tho. grin
how strange tho. my birds are not in the same cage yet, so i definitely have not experienced that.
i am hoping that it is not something they are doing to try to hurt each other.
Posted By: baby blue

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 03:15 AM

mine have, it is usually after someone has been yapped an apparently extreme insult at someone else (or got "in their face". there is a major flurry of feathers, seed and water in all directions and loud "barking" (i call it) then it takes a while for the molted feathers to settle, creating what looks like a keet exploded. there is never any kissing or preening after. not strange as there has never been any before!! lol!
Posted By: SweetBirdies

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 03:15 AM

OMG I JUST GOT YOUR NAME/AVATAR!!! DOH!!! BLONDE MOMENT! LMBO!!
very cute. wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Coco's Mama
I have no clue ChickenBum ...............
I am laughing so hard at this I forgot what the question was!!

Oh yeah, locking feet/fighting. LOL I have not seen/heard my boys fight like that. The worst they do is, when they are eating seeds out of our hands, one will fly over and try to land on another birds back. There is a second or two of acking and one of them leaves.
Posted By: Dixie&Miss' Mama

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 10:19 AM

I agree 2

Missy goes to play on the playground (her little playhouse) and Dixie flies around the house counter-clockwise then he lands on top of her ._.

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 08:43 PM

they do that too, its just that I haven't seen them lock feet like that before. They still love each other even after squabbles and acting tuff. Heck for a while Banana was forcing herself onto Still Alive to basically masturbate on her. THAT went on for a while , and Still Alive got to the point where she stopped fighting back and just let Banana do her thing. Every now and again Banana will masturbate on other things, her favorite yellow perch, a certain spot that's curved on the large main branch and she'll do it completely "spread eagle". But I guess that's getting off the main subject just a little...

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 09:21 PM

OMG!!!Boo had this doll that he would "enjoy" all the time. He used to regurgitate on it, I had a heck of a time trying to clean the darn thing. I buried him with it. I hope he's having fun. LOL

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 09:48 PM

aww... thats sad and sweet. I hope hes having fun too. Sorry for your lost Luv my bird

Re: parakeet battle?! hear their mighty fweep! - 04/29/09 09:58 PM

Thanks, I'll never get over it, but I'm at the point where I can finally talk about him and smile.
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum