Lisa Shea

Feathers everywhere ..real post

Posted By: Looney Luna

Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/27/09 08:07 PM

sorry, it only posted the face and mot the message on the last post crazy I was wondering, my 2 white birds shed feathers all the time, within a few minutes, there are feathers everywhere, my 2 green birds barely shed at all. There aren't any bald spots on my white ones and the amount doesn't change whether they are molting or not, so, is it because their feathers are so fine that they fall off of them all the time? I feed them plenty of veggies and fruit, so I don't think it is a nutrition issue..is it just a white bird thing?
Posted By: SweetBirdies

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/27/09 08:30 PM

i am not sure of the answer to your ?'s, but sky loses the little fluffy white ones all the time. there is only a few a day tho.
hope you get some help soon about it. you must be a bit scared for your beauties?... good luck. and hang in there.
Posted By: BLR

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/27/09 08:40 PM

Looney - is it the little down feathers? Are they molting?

btw fyi - you can go in and change your post if something like that happens. Just click on edit and change what ever you want.
Posted By: Looney Luna

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/27/09 09:00 PM

Yes it is down feathers and, no they aren't molting, they are just always falling out...hey, I should start collecting them and in 2 years I can make a pillow..lol
Posted By: BLR

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/27/09 09:21 PM

at least a keet sized pillow
Posted By: iLoveBudgies

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/27/09 11:02 PM

Hahaha!
I was thinking the same with all the down feathers I suck up in the vacuum! I think i already have enough to make myself a comforter...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/27/09 11:19 PM

LOL, you guys are crazy!! Making pillows!!! Ha ha

I don't know, I have 4 and there are ALWAYS down feathers EVERYWHERE!!
Posted By: iLoveBudgies

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/28/09 01:12 AM

hahaha
I find them on my dog's nose, in the laundry, my hair wink
THE FEATHERS ARE UNSTOPPABLE!
Posted By: CMB

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/28/09 12:20 PM

I find them everywhere too!
Maybe you see the white ones more because they show up? Also a thought, my brother has a green budgie and a lot of the down feathers are very pale. I expected them to be much brighter green or yellow like he is but some are almost white. So you could be mistaking some of theirs for the white ones?
Posted By: kksuns

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/28/09 12:28 PM

Yep, they are everywhere alright! LOL And Levi seems to be losing more of them than usual lately. Starting to moult maybe? IDK
CMB-love your avi pic-is that new?

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/28/09 01:19 PM

I have to agree that you could be thinking they are mostly from the white birds when in fact they are not. All 4 of my boys have white down. I'm pretty sure most do.

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 01/28/09 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: CMB
my brother has a green budgie and a lot of the down feathers are very pale... So you could be mistaking some of theirs for the white ones?
Originally Posted By: Caribbean mom :)
I have to agree that you could be thinking they are mostly from the white birds when in fact they are not.
Wow --- great point, ladies! I never knew that, nor would it have occurred to me.
Originally Posted By: kksuns
CMB-love your avi pic-is that new?
Ditto -- what a lovely pic.
Posted By: CMB

Re: Feathers everywhere ..real post - 02/21/09 12:37 PM

Late reply I know but thank you both for commenting on my new avi, my little monster snuggles occasionally so it's nice to finally get a picture of it.
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum