Lisa Shea

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please

Posted By: Fernandez&Lopez

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please - 07/15/08 01:39 AM

there was a budgie at this countryclub where i play tennis. it flew around me and my mom and we tried to catch it

she wouldnt step up onto my finger, she'd bite me really hard

i tried to grab her but she would stream and jab and bite me and then my mom decided he was sick or something and she wouldnt let me bring him home

i think she might've had red mites, or she was in breeding mode

when i got home i washed my hands with soap twice and played with my parakeets for a tiny bit

should i be worried for my own parakeets? he also clutched my shirt once, but im worried for our own
Posted By: luc05

Re: HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please - 07/15/08 01:43 AM

I wouldn't worry. I'd watch your birds to see if they seem sick or anything for the next few days. If your really worried, you could take your birds to the vet just to make sure.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please - 07/15/08 01:45 AM

nah you should be ok. just wash ur hands good.
Posted By: Fernandez&Lopez

Re: HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please - 07/15/08 01:46 AM

well the (might be sick with red mites or just in breeding mode) parakeet clutched onto my shirt once and i didnt change it, thats why im nervous

Re: HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please - 07/15/08 01:58 AM

its ok. there was probally no transfer.

it would be very odd if there was.
Posted By: Stephen

Re: HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please - 07/15/08 03:13 AM

I would go back and try to catch it again. Bring a net & don't be scared to be bitten.

Re: HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP please - 07/15/08 01:39 PM

If your mom doesn't want to keep it, or it is too risky to your other birds, take it to a shelter so it can get care and a good home.

If you do decide to keep it, observe a very strict quarantine for at least 30 days but 45 would be best.
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum