Lisa Shea

Bird Vitamins????????????

Posted By: NikkiT

Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 06:05 PM

Are they needed? My babies WILL NOT eat fruits and veggies. all they do it throw them around the cage. And i have a mineral block and cuttle bone in the cage, but all they use sometimes is the cuttle bone.
Posted By: budgielicious

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 06:17 PM

Have you tried hanging spinach leaves from the top or side of the cage? That is one of the only ways I could get mine to eat veggies at first. Since it's leaves and it's in their nature to eat leaves, they went for it first. Now they eat quite a few veggies. You have to just keep trying. (just like with real children!! smile )

Another way I got veggies in them was with baby food. If you are interested in that, I can give you the link to it.

I don't know about vitamins. I know everyone here says no to vitamins in the water because it can cause bacteria to grow.

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 06:19 PM

I was thinking some how getting them and putting it on the food. I have tried hanging the fruits and veggies and they will not touch it, They are lil stinkers smile
Posted By: budgielicious

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 06:38 PM

I guess if they have powdered vitamins, you could do that. I really don't know.

Try the baby food. It's really cheap. Just mix a little with some bird seed and see if they like it. Mine really love the sweet potatoe. You could sprinkle a little millet on the top to tempt them.
Posted By: Tom30

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 06:43 PM

Vitamins are needed in budgies. If they dont get it through fruits and veggies you need to put a few drops in the food. If you put it in the water do it in the morning and remove it that evening. It is always best to offer fresh foods even if they ignore it the first few times. After a while they will nibble at it and start eating.

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 07:00 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice. smile

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 07:03 PM

One more question, SORRY frown is there a specific brand i should get?
Posted By: Stephen

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 08:30 PM

I would assume that getting a vitamin supplement at a vets office would always be better than getting it at a pet store, but to tell you the truth, I really don't know.
Posted By: Mandy's mom

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: NikkiT
Are they needed? My babies WILL NOT eat fruits and veggies. all they do it throw them around the cage. And i have a mineral block and cuttle bone in the cage, but all they use sometimes is the cuttle bone.
i gave my keets some vitamins from wal-mart(ones i had in the past...not my current ones) i gave them up to 2 a day they were small and round.i think they liked them like little bird treats

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 09:27 PM

I thought about getting some of the liwuid and putting it on their seed, but i wanted to know if there was a specific brand to get. Is the kind at walmart good enough?
Posted By: Mandy's mom

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 09:28 PM

it was for my birds(i can't find the vitamins at my walmart-super whatever.)

Re: Bird Vitamins???????????? - 05/08/08 09:44 PM

ok thanks smile
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum