Lisa Shea

so exciting !!!

Posted By: Anonymous

so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 01:03 AM

lol i duno if anyone else cares but this had me so giddy today haha

well as you know from the iris post .. nunu is acting funky lately .. today i focused on him and jazzie and sat by their cage all day smile

and they were so sweet like their normal selves ... preening me and climbin all over me:)

i let nunu out and he took off flying :0 i couldnt beleive it .... 2 weeks ago he couldnt fly at all shocked now he is like a professional flyer ... he even lands perfectly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wasnt expecting him to fly ... so i hadnt closed doors and stuff and he took of zooming down the hall into the bedroom and latched onto the side of max and samaa's cage ... which is his old home:(

i freaked and got him off and washed him off and had a talk tellin him that wasnt his home anymore, that he had moved:( poor guy

he was like hey man ... why these birds are in my house mom what the heck ???

haha

so then i closed all the doors and stuff and let nunu flying around and he flew so hard and so much for like a hour all around the living room and hall way he would land on my head and then take off again ...

i was so proud of him smile my sweet baby can FLY .... i cant believe how much he has grown up since i got him smile he is soooooo tall now:) such a big boy:)

and jazzie was hoppin around the top of the cage like shocked nunu you can flyyyyyyyyy????????????????????????????? why u didnt tell me about this ????

hahahahah poor jazzie cant fly:(

and whats more shocking is that when i held my finger to him he came right on immediatly no problems shocked haha he has never really did that before ... jazzie is totally trained but nunu was always like nope u gota chase for a minute mom then ill come lol
Posted By: val313

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 01:13 AM

yay!! That is awesome. Such a big boy now and very happy! That is great for you. Go Nunu

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 01:15 AM

and its funny... he was such a baby when i got him and ill always see him as my baby:) even when he is an old man he will be my baby:) and he really is so tall and big now:)

so i guess his attitude is just molting and being upset at me frown cuz i spent time with him all day today and he was totally himself:)

poor babies i know they miss me and i miss them too just couple more weeks of quarantine hopefully ... then things will be back to normal again
Posted By: animalfriend

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 02:23 AM

Awww, I'm so happy for you. So, it seems it was just an attitude thingy. Those naughty birds and their attitudes.
I made "the cloud" toy for Lovie and he would have nothing to do with it. I had to take out his toy that is hanging balls with bells to put up the cloud. Well today I finally gave up and took the cloud out and put the balls back in. You would think that he was reunited with a long lost lover with how happy he was. He had previously been hanging out at the very top of his cage on the spiral rope perch as far away from the cloud as he could get. But when I put the balls back in he stood by it protecting it for hours. Silly birdies lol. They are so funny when the get all attitudy.
Posted By: Sharonmz

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 02:25 AM

So wonderful!!!!!! To see our keets reach milestones and new tricks is such joy! I hope to hear cloud talk soon!

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 02:42 AM

smile yea jazzie LOOVES that cloud toy but he kept getting stick in it.

grr

id hear a yelp and ack and screeching and id go look and jazzie would be tangled up in that stupid cloud LMAO his feet claws would be stuck in holes he had poked in the papers and he would have a string of the paper around a wing just hanging there lookin at me like umm mom i need some help ...

haha

but he would keep goin back and doing it all over again LMAO

now jazzie's wings are growing back from his butchered wing clipping and every single feathers has a ton of blood in it so he is strictly forbidden from anything he get caught on or from flying around outside the cage til his wings grown back fully and the blood in them draws back:( mama cant handle another broken blood feather.

i know the new cage was a radical change for them .... that was made clear when nunu flew directly to his old cage and latched onto the side like heeeeeeeeeey get our of my house !!!!!!!!!! haha so i guess nunu is just having a hard time adjusting so i am going to focus more on them this week.

i know jazzie made himself right at home since he is making love to his treats LMAO .... he got off his diet and got his treats back i guess wanted to express how much he loved them by humping the treat stick LMAO
Posted By: joandboys

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 02:52 AM

Your vet is going to be giving them tests to see if they still have the illness. One article on that web said that they can get false positives and false negatives when they take blood tests. Thought I would pass that along. They sometimes wait and test again later to make sure they are cured. It prolongs the quarantine, but better safe than sorry.
That is so cool about Nunu flying. He is so happy.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 03:02 AM

yea thats why she is restesting ... they have several check ups scheduled in the coming weeks.

they do seem much more alert though and max is acting kind of like a normal keet ... so thats awesome:)

tails are still bobbing though ... which is not so good

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 03:42 AM

I love your birds. Are you sure you don't want me to take them off your hands. They sound like they are too crazy for you, so you'd better let me come get them. Plus, I heard that keets are happier in Nebraska, and wouldn't you know, that's where I am. So, for the happiness of your keets you'd better let them come live in Nebraska. No joke. I read that in....um......the magazine.........who cares, give them to me!
Grand theft helwa's keets here I come!!!!

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 04:02 AM

Hahahahaha! Oh, oh - we're all going to have to move to Nebraska, apparently! LOL re: Grand Theft - Keets ----- don't look to me for bail, Animal Friend! smile

Yay, Nunu - you go, little dude!

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 04:02 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

too funny

i feel like they cant stand me frown lol i got some kisses today and i was head over heels with excitement ...

i did give them a special treat today too though so maybe thats why they loved me again LMAO

banana rolled in honey then rolled in coconut shavings smile jazzie's favorite:)
Posted By: suzzie

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 05:15 AM

Ive only had Hope for a week and he is just like one of my kids.. at lease thats how I think of him as... Ill probable be just like you in a yr..lol wait what am I saying Im that way now lol.. every time he does something new Im there with my camare taking pics or on here writing about it..lol.. Im soo happy your babys are doing so good... it just makes me smile when I hear good news on here

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 05:29 AM

hope is a cutey looks alooot like my nunu smile
Posted By: Azul'sAdmirer

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 07:10 AM

Originally Posted By: *helwa*
smile yea jazzie LOOVES that cloud toy

What is the "cloud" toy? Thanks.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 02:45 PM

The Cloud:
http://www.budgieplace.com/diy_cloud.html

Yes, you should all move to Nebraska. I know you would all be so much happier in the middle of nowhere.
I can't believe you wouldn't bail me out Pudgie's Mom. I am so crushed frown lol
Posted By: Gwyn

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 03:48 PM

All the Keets I've seen here are just too,too cute. nunu is a doll.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 03:48 PM

hahahaha well all the birds grandma and greatgrandma and aunts and uncles live in kansas ....LMAO
Posted By: Amethyst

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 03:58 PM

awww so happy he can fly. its good you washed him off, that must have been scary. he sounds too cute.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 04:00 PM

im so proud of him:) i keep lettin him out to fly i just love watching him .... its just not the nunu i know:) the nunu i know is a baby that can barely climb in his cage frown my sweet baby:)

lol i realized they are really angry at their old cage being taken away from them:(

i even though of switching it back....but thats too much work for mommmy so they will have to cope frown
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 06:23 PM

Aww he should come visit Coco all she does lately is fly, 7-8 times a day. I am wondering if there is a illness with a symptom of tons of flying seriously it is so odd. But she seems to be loving it. maybe cos she is in breeding mode and is alone she must fly the frustration out? Idk.

Nunu may have to lead up the next airshow, such a big boy now!!!

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/06/08 06:48 PM

yea he would love that for sure smile

i had him on my finger and he just flew off i was standing there looking around like what huh ... wait what just happened here

haha

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: animalfriend
The Cloud:
http://www.budgieplace.com/diy_cloud.html

Yes, you should all move to Nebraska. I know you would all be so much happier in the middle of nowhere.
I can't believe you wouldn't bail me out Pudgie's Mom. I am so crushed frown lol

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the link of the cloud toy!

And, I know I am much happier in the middle of no where; from Los Angeles for 30 years to suburban Alaska for the last 10. My best 10 years!

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 01:27 AM

And instantly we have a new favorite toy in the house! The mighty cloud toy. Thanks again.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 01:31 AM

Awww, I'm glad that your birds liked it. Mined was scared. You're very much welcome.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 03:12 AM

mine were scared for like half an hour then jazzie attacked it and i do mean attacked it ... he went in for the kill lol growling and all .. he does that to toys he dislikes ... the happy hut never had a chance he become a demon with that thing LMAO

but then he was like ohhhh wait this is PAPER !!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG NUNU WE HAVE PAPER IN OUR CAGE OMG OMG OMG hopping up and down like a wierdo

hahaha
Posted By: BLR

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 03:20 AM

I pretty much make all of Gil and Ann's toys. I am going to try the cloud toy - it looks great - thanks

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 03:22 AM

i love it so much cuz ... unlike all their other toys ... it costs me NOTHING and when jazzie destroys it and rips it apart i dont loose anything lol and i can replace it in minutes ... which baffles him LMAO

i did that one night i was bored so i decided to play with his head .

he attcked it ... killed it ... subdued the stranger .... it was in shreds on the floor ... i made another one and snuck it in he turned around and jumped back like baaaaaaaaah how did you coem back you evil demon paper toy LMAO

i did it like 3 times in a row LMAO it was tooooooooooooo funny hahahaha
Posted By: Faith says hi

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 06:20 PM

That's hilarious! I may have to try the cloud toy myself.

Although my keets will probably cower in the farthest corner from wherever I put it. Silly things.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 07:37 PM

jazzie HATES HATES HATES anything new being added to the cage he freaks out and gets terrified ... he has issues ... but the cloud

he loved it

paper is extremly tempting to a keet:)
Posted By: big bad momma

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 07:49 PM

the little man is growing up,he's in what we humans call the teenage years.he'll be tstig hs manhood soon.it's great to see the change from them being small to their grwing up.it's funny how when their young theycan't fly right they have to learn like a baby has to learn to walk and talk.congrats your babys on the way to becomng a man.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/08/08 08:02 PM

i know frown i miss my baby though .... he was sweet goofy clumsy little nunu:( now he is just beautiful though:) with his wings spread out and flying around ... jazzie is very jealous and tries to fly like nunu but cant do it yet his wings arent grown back yet:( and he is older than nunu LMAO so im sure he is like this lil whippersnapper is stealing my thunder !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also found that if i just stick my face in the door of the cage nunu comes to the perch and preens my face and gvies kisses all by himself but if i try to pick him up or put my hand in he freaks and gets mad at me and bites ... probally due to all his pins:( he has one sticking almost straight up on top of his head its a huge one thats been there for like over a month now:( it was burried under feathers now its sticking up so hopefully it will fall off soon:(

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/09/08 03:12 AM

Ya :(((( I love Nunu but I remember squishy Yoda, miss him, do I.

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/09/08 06:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Coco's Mama
Ya :(((( I love Nunu but I remember squishy Yoda, miss him, do I.
LOL - I think Yoda would be a hilarious birdie name!

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/10/08 02:09 AM

LMAO indeed it would be

Re: so exciting !!! - 04/10/08 12:23 PM

A green bird though but yes, he would have to meet the squishy look qualifiers.
Not green but blue is... Nunu the bird.
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum