Lisa Shea

HELP!

Posted By: vickies2

HELP! - 12/07/07 02:51 AM

I just sat on my budgie!!
he likes to follow me around, i was picking up a phone call and was standing, when i sat down on my chair i felt somthing under my bum, and it was my poor little birdie!!
He can still fly and stand.. but i'm so worried,, is there any way that i can check if he is totally fine?????
Posted By: Lishious

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 02:52 AM

umm omg bring him to a vet? theres no way you actully put all ur weight on him tho:S?
Posted By: ShamRockStar

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 02:54 AM

As long as he's breathing walking and eating he'll be fine, keep a close eye on him make sure he isn't laboring to breathe or weaving when he walks. When he gets up on a perch he should still have normal balance... if any of that is a problem take him to a vet ASAP
Posted By: brittany98

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 03:03 AM

as long as you didnt put all your weight down on him, thats okay.

take him to a vet asap tho...just in case!!

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 03:27 AM

I was too shocked to remember how much weight i put on him. He seems to be okay now, flying almost like normally. He has lost some important feathers though ( i think they'r important cause he has them on the right side and lost the ones on the left, and these are the feathers near tail feathers). I just hope that he can grow them out soon and won't hate me after this!

He is sleeping like a baby now =).
Posted By: lamonsas

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 03:32 AM

this is nonsense, which makes me furious, what do u mean u didnt put your WHOLE weight on him??? u SAT on him. man im so angry you seem like you hurt the keet very badly, they are so fragile and you sat on him and you think he is ok? ppl panic when keets fly into a wall by mistake slightly but you actaully SAT on him thats like if the keet crushed into a wall and got squiezed with it in addition, yea it was a mistake but oh god poor keet, and u said u felt something in ur bumm, what does that mean now.. you tell me.. you obviously sat on him with full weight, man please dont make excuses as that can cost the LIFE of your keet, take it to a vet asap, listen to what you said, you SAT on him, sorry mate but this was a big mess up, yes accidently but take it to a vet asap i doubt its doin fine. im preying for the keet.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 03:37 AM

wow... your kind of a jerk. It is very possible not to pu all of your weight down... I dunno if you've ever sat on like a stick or something but you start to stick and you feel it and stop before you put your weight down.
People who freak out about their birds flying in to wall are the people who want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap.
chill.
I'm sure they feel bad enough already and it isn't your bird.
you may be perfect but not everyone is so how about you reign in the attitude.
Posted By: val313

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 03:37 AM

Keep a watch on your baby for a while. If he seems off in anyway you should take him in asap. If you are really worried take him in first thing in the morning just to be on the safe side.

Lamonsas- everyone makes mistakes. There is no need to rail on someone like that. My goodness I hope that you never make a mistake with yours. Accidents happen she did not do this on purpose. I'm sure she feels horrible anyone of us would. So there is no need to make her feel worse.
Posted By: TBJ♥

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 03:43 AM

Do you mean that he lost some of his feathers on one of his wings but not the other? Because if so, you should consider clipping the other one so that he is not off balance. But yeah, watch him closely and take him to a vet if he isn't breathing normally or something. Accidents happen!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 03:58 AM

the feathers he lost seem like flight feathers if they are below his wings and closest to his tail then they are flight feathers and yes you should probally clip the other side as well cuz that is how they maintain balance ... but id not advise clipping them yourself ... enless u really know what ur doing .. u could hit a blood feather or clip too close ... most pet stores do it for free.

just to be safe id take him into an AVIAN vet first thing in the morning .... keets .. like most wild animals... will over compensate when ill or hurt ... survival of the fittest kinda thing ... so if he is hurt even a little bit he will try his best to cover it up.

and they really are so so fragile teeny tiny bones and stuff ... although very flexible it doesnt take much to do harm ... id take him in just to be sure. dont want him to be suffering in secret

and i can imagine how you feel ... it happens they are extremly fast sometimes and they move way too quick ... just gota be super careful frown

im certain you didnt intend to sit on him ... it was an accident and it does happen .... just be sure he is ok

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 03:59 AM

im furious because im sorry for the keet and do NOT tell me to chill, i almost cried when i read this post, and sit on a stick ? he FELT the keet in his bumm, you cant feel unless you fully sit, god what am i talkin about now, totaly OFFTOPIC and its not my keet but keets die cuz of such accidents, one person forgots to close the window, keet dies, one sits on the keet and keet is very injured, such threads are simply SAD, man atleast take the poor keet to a vet? HEATHEsaurusREX , learn some manners when talking. did i ever call you a jerk? No smile , and u are right, not everyone is perfect like me but there are some great ppl on this forum who are VERY perfect , quiete frankly you are not one of them cuz u go around the forum calling people jerks when you are obviously the jerk. i didnt ask you to talk to me so dont comment on my posts when im clearly talking to the OP. You are not the admin so dont tell people what to do. You have been reported for bad language, i hope you better next time, learn some manners. People please be careful ,when you have your keets out you should always watch them and be catious, you cant just let your keets wonder around the house like that, they can get very injured such as this cage, to the OP, please do take the keet to a vet, for me atleast, btw HEATHEsaurusREX , you said the ppl who are worried when their keet crashes into a wall? all the keet owners on this forum care about that, if you dont care then i belive that tells really how much you care about your keets health. I aint gonna bother, nuff said and you have been reported, dont call people jerk when they are trying to point people to the right direction and dont get into peoples's posts like this. pft and i thought you were a good keet owner.
Posted By: animalfriend

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:08 AM

This is enough! Lamonas, we are not here to pass judgment on people. That is not your right nor your job. I try my hardest to be nice and polite to you, I'm sure you can recognize this, but I am really angry this time. When someone has a problem, we should show support and try to help them, not tell them how horrible of a person they are (I know not in exact words, but still the same concept). It is just plain and simply mean and condescending.
Vickies2, I realize this was an accident. They happen, so don't be too hard on yourself for it. Just watch your keet for any sign that there may be damage. I agree that it would be best to take it to the vet tomorrow. That way they can check all its little bones and stuff. Good luck and I hope for the best.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:11 AM

i agree ... lamonsas you are way out of control as usual... i cant beleive how truly rude and just plane mean you can be.

and by the way ... YOU ARE NOT PERFECT so get off ur high horse lamonsas ... how incredible IGNORANT of someone to say they are perfect ... are u jesus?? ghandi??? bhudda??? or are u the dhali lama himself LMAO

sheesh ...

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:11 AM

im angry because i care and i was one of the first that told her what to do, take the keet to a vet, she cant estimate if the keet is ok or not especially she said it lost important feathers, and animalfriend, go tell HEATHEsaurusREX to be nice, not me, i wasnt the one that called someone a "JERK". Ok?

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:12 AM

i am a perfect keet owner, believe that smile i didnt say im a perfect "person", and im mean to whowever is mean to me, i wasnt mean to the OP poster but i was mean to the jerk that called me a jerk. and i think ill stay on my high horse, i like it up there smile btw dont tell me im alah or some bull like that please, im a proud jewish person. so please.. lol. i think you were leaving before because you had a confilict with someone else in the religious forum and thats why you wanted to leave, dont call me a muslim lol, ever. please smile

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:14 AM

well maybe somewhere in ur horribly rude rant you had some good advice but do you think people can find it ????

certainly NOT

have you ever heard you collect more bees with honey than you do with vinegar .. u might wana study that idea.

almost everyone in this forum has told you that youa re mean and rude and just really really lacking in decency and respect ... so POSSIBLY everyone is right ... you need to stop behaving this way it just isnt acceptable at all.

u can say things in a kind and decent way ... people told her to take it to a vet... but they didnt get nasty about it ....

ur way of speaking only makes people angry defensive and puts up walls .. its not condusive to improvement at all.

and u are being a jerk. if the shoe fits wear the darn shoe.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:15 AM

well then you can kindly leave with the horse you rode in on ... people are just sick of you

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:15 AM

Jerk: "an unlikable person; especially : one who is cruel, rude, or small-minded"
A simple observation of how you were acting. You were cruel AND rude AND small minded in your response. It is ok to be angry, but we need to use common sense and HELP people who need it, not criticize them. I understand your concern, but accidents happen and we really need to be nice.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:17 AM

And in my opinion it doesn't matter how "perfect" of an owner you are. It doesn't make you any better than anyone else on here. I don't dislike you because that isn't my nature, but I am not happy about this right now. You handled yourself way wrong...again.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:18 AM

helwa you leave, ur the one that made the post a few days ago regarding leaving and dumping all your friends here cuz you couldnt face the truth that someone from the religious forum hated you lol. oh and the OP poster cant find my help? ever heared of PM? i guess not lol since ur not the BRIGHTEST pc person here now are u lol, just knock it off. oh and animalfriend? are you an admin? i belive not. so knock it off aswell. you are not a judge here, you ahve something to say to the OP poster, go ahead.
Posted By: big bad momma

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:19 AM

i'm so sorry to read this I pray your bird is alright,I agree if it acts funny in any manner take it to the vet.I know you feel bad enough,we all make mistakes,even in this there's a lesson to be learned; if our bird is out and we do not see it check before sitting,accidents happen.good luck,looking forward to a good report.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: animalfriend
And in my opinion it doesn't matter how "perfect" of an owner you are. It doesn't make you any better than anyone else on here. I don't dislike you because that isn't my nature, but I am not happy about this right now. You handled yourself way wrong...again.

actually i am a perfect keet owner. if you say im not, quiete frankly i take is as you are jelous of me. i hope ur not that kind of a person.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:21 AM

Helwa is awesome. You have no right to talk to people like this. I don't care if I'm not an admin, I have a right to stick up for people. I have been speaking reasonably and you are just being mean and immature. Way to go!

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:21 AM

LMAO

u crack me up lamonsas

u have no idea what my pc skills are but im sure you are perfect at that as well ... sheesh arrogance to the n'th degree.

and i will stay where i want when i want and how and why i want ... smile and i earn my right to be here with my kindness and respect .. you however do not at all

i wish admin would just end this and ban you already .. it would make this a much nicer place ... there i said it. i cant wait til the day it happens though i doubt it will ever.

you attitude is simply disgusting ... arrogant... ignorant... rude and yes you are a jerk ... embrace your reality "dude" lol

people who brag so much are ussually over compensating for some inaqequacy

u might wana examine that ....

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:22 AM

lol helwa is awesome? sure. and u have the right to stick up to ppl and i have the right to ignore you aswell. way to go!

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:23 AM

actually lamonsas ... i am really awesome and thank you for noticing aninalfriend

LMAO

***pats herself on the back***

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:24 AM

helwa u just cant run from the truth, u had a fight with someone that called you a ***** muslim in the religious forum , u were leaving this forum, all was great in the forum, u decided u wanna come back lol and hail breaks loose, lol oh man. u just cant take being prooven wrong cant you, get your dirty mouth out of this thread please, its not needed here. know what? stay here in this thread actually. hehe

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:24 AM

Did I say stick up to? Nope I didn't. And I seriously laughed at the jealous thing. LOL. You are too much.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:26 AM

so are you too much, time to use the IGNORE button , w00t. and again helwa i prooved u wrong when u said the oP cant find my help and i said i pmed her and you didnt say nothing in return, way to go lol, u dont like to be prooven wrong lol. man u crack me up preety nicely.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:27 AM

who called me a **** muslim ???? and what does ***** mean???

yes someone there is just as ignorant and rude as you are ... no surprise there ....

and yes i was gona leave ... im not hiding anything LMAO the thread is clear for the world to read smile

i decided to stay which i KNOW really upset you and the other ignoramous .... but OH WELL ... i live to be a thorn in ur side ... ur ignorance and prejudice and hatred wont keep me away from living my life "dude" so get off it:)

and look how off topic you are ????

you got something to say to me cuz im muslim and you hate muslims???? be a MAN or a WOMAN ... whatever you are today ... and say it to my face why dont you???? be brave enough to voice ur racist and hateful thoughts???? why not????

do you think i actually give a **** what you think??? trust me "dude" i do not smile

**** muslim signing off

LMAO

can i call you a **** jew ??? cuz id love to

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:29 AM

What you are saying is completely offensive and uncalled for. Are you a prejudice? Cause you sure seem like it. And just in case you decide to change what you have said, I took a screen shot of it for PDM. "dirty mouth" what's that about?

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:30 AM

and u need to learn to read.

i said in the middle of all ur rudeness and insults its hard to find actually constructive advice.

who wants to sift through ur dribble to find it?? I sure dont.

you were extremly rude to the "op" and to others ... that is why you are being TOLD OFF right now ... and dear ... u have not PROOVEN anything to me, for me, about me, or about me .... u gota wake up preetttty early in the morning to get past me boo

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:31 AM

LMAO so did i animal friend .... "awesome" minds think alike i guess huh

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:32 AM

Proven nothing to me either other than you are a hater. See, we provide actual arguments to what you say that have been well thought out and you just slam us back. Helwa and I have been really level headed even while you were saying all kinds of crazy stuff about us.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:33 AM

ignore SWITCHED ON smile helwa, leave lol. end of story. wha smile

lol ... well i got a little crazy in my last reply but oh well ... if you cant stand the heat dont sit on the stove smile

Yeah, we ARE awesome. But you are more awesome because you have taken direct hits and been really level headed. Way to go!

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:34 AM

plz lamonsas ignore me smile

omg u will make my day ... pizza party for everyone :):):)

whoo hoo

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:34 AM

What? I love to sit on the stove. It makes my bum all burny.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:35 AM

lol animal friend practice makes "perfect" lmao ... ur pretty "****" awesome urself

lol i really wana know what **** is ... my imagination is running wild lol

helwa i wont ignore you lol. btw papperoni pizza for me.. thanks helwa laugh

lol yea but then u get that bullseye lookin red ring on ur bum... that could be dangerous lol

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:36 AM

lamonsas i know you wont ignore me cuz u LOOOOVE me .... and u think im awwwwesome dont you smile

its ok boo ... u can admit it ... our secret i wont tell nobody u love a muslim

LMHO (laughin my hijab off)

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:38 AM

Oh I can give you some good examples: You are a "cool Muslim", a "smart Muslim", a "fancy Muslim", a "nicer than other people in this thread Muslim" LOL I know I'm mean. But I'm still kinda mad.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:38 AM

u got me.. i love u *blush* laugh

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:39 AM

aww lamonsas ... thanks boo but i dont love you back hahahahaha

cuz im a **** muslim like that LMHO

lol animalfriend ... u clever thing u

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:41 AM

Wow... way off track...
I have one thing to say There are very few people in this day and age that consider the word 'jerk' foul language or offensive. rude? sure. But you weren't being on your best behavior either.
The last time I was here was maybe three months ago and I honestly have no idea who you are, but the fact that this many people think you're rude ignorant an mean in that tiny little amount of time is absolutely amazing.
And yes, I don't care when my birds hit something while they're flying unless they actually hurt themselves. Keets are a lot tougher then people give them credit for just like little children, hence the analogy.
Don't tell me I'm a bad keet mom because I don't flip out at the smallest thing, those on this forum who know me know I'm a very good keet mom. However I will never endeavor to say I'm perfect like you however, if being a perfect keet mom gives me an attitude, I think I can handle my faults.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:41 AM

LOL tell that to the person that cursed u in the religious forum helwa lmao laugh

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:43 AM

HEATHEsaurusREX, so u say jerk is not a bad word? so u wouldnt mind if someone called u a "jerk", right? lol come on..

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:47 AM

If someone is actually being a jerk (by definition) then they are. I'm sure we can handle it. But we weren't all acting like one.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:47 AM

there is a difference between being rude and using foul language. I meant for it to be rude, you were in fact being a jerk, however if you were in a mall and yelled jerk chances are the only people who would look at you were the people wondering why you were yelling not why you were yelling jerk.
i know you'll find this hard to believe but not five minute ago I called my dad a jerk because he closed the refrigerator on my arm, he laughed at me and life moved on. I get called a jerk every time I do something slightly rude, it's my families way of saying you're being kind of rude but it isn't important enough to actually fight about it... but I'm not gonna lie I wasn't thinking happy rainbow and cheesecake thoughts when I called you a jerk. I meant it. You were rude, judge mental, obnoxious and not in the least bit helpful to the situation or person in need.
ANYway, since what I said was so foul and crude I hope it made an impression and you'll remember not to be such a... well for lack of a better word... jerk... next time someone needs help, advice, or support.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:50 AM

lamonsas - i'm not planning on to argue with you, debate with you, or tell you to chill. Im not even planning on reading the rest of your post. I know how close i am to my keet, i also know how much he loves me because he would fly to me whenever i call his name, even if he is infront of a mirror and have to say goodbye to his frd. He is my first pet, i've only had him for 6 months, and i love him dearly. Maybe you should try to consider how terrible i feel instead of judging my behaviour first.

Heath & Val & Helwa: Thank you for your understanding! Before i put him to sleep, he could fly to a hanger in my closet, and fly back to my shoulder perfectly (the distance is about 6 feet ). Also, after i put him into the cage, he still wanted to come out and play and started climbing the bars as usual. hope these are good signs that he is okay. Also thank you for supporting me against the criticisms of Lamonsas, I truly felt hurt since I really am willing to do anything for my keet.

To the rest: I would love to take him to a vet asap, but the last avian vet i visited wasn't as good as i expected. Money is not the issue for me, but I question the level of performance of this doctor. And she is the only avain vet around my area. I think I'll watch my birdie for couple days, if he is not looking good, i will bring him to the vet for sure. *sigh, i wish i live in the areas where there are more avian vets around.

Thank you all for your replies! they were extremely helpful!

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:52 AM

Avian vets can be very hard to find. Have you tried checking Birdsnways.com? it has a listing of avian vets. Also if worse comes to worse try Banfield at petsmart. I found the Drs there to be professional and at the very least, know what they were doing.
If he's flying fine, breathing chirping eating and trying to play I think e's fine, just keep an eye on him

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:53 AM

Awww, I'm sorry your feelings got hurt. He seems fine and it seems like you have a great bond. The only thing I was really worried about was broken bones and internal bleeding. But you would most likely have seen signs of that by now. It sounds like you have things under control. I hope that you are not afraid to talk to us about any concerns from now on for fear of being criticized. Not everyone on here is like that.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 04:57 AM

lol lamonsas ... ur actually proud of ur racism/prejudice

whoa now THAT is new ... most people feel some sort of shame ...

and u know what ... people can "curse" me all day and night ... fact is i know what im talkin about ... if i dont then i keep my pie hole shut cuz my mama didnt raise a fool smile she raised a LADY smile

and ur little friend in the religion forum ... well sadly i pity him and you both smile

and i find it remarkable that you are the one at fault here and you wana bring something from over a week ago form another forum here to this thread

cuz you seem to think that calling me a **** muslim is insulting and im gona go sit in a corner and cry ... haha ur wrong

i am extremly PROUD of who and what i am boo so "curse" me all you like ... in ur hatred u reveal ur reality smile so keep on keepin on boo:)

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:00 AM

you know whats funny... people think that inulting your religion would hurt you but it just makes you feel strong about your faith and prouder. Because obviously that idiot can't comprehend the almighty coolness of you.
Keep being awesome Helwa

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:01 AM

lol thanks heathesaurusrex

exactly smile if i felt insulted by being called what i am .. id not be it .... right???

lol

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:02 AM

Helwa, you know what is helpful at times like these???? Sitting on a burner. It's therapeutic!! You're the best, don't feel bad about prejudice people.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:03 AM

lmao, someone actually apologized to me for being catholic once and said 'we can fix that'

i kid you not

there are some small minded people in this world

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:08 AM

hahaha heathesaurus ... ive told people im muslim before and one old lady actually said in true old lady fashion ... phhfff well honey now why would u wana go and do something like THAT hahaha

like i woke up one day and said lemme flip the script a bit today lmao

and people's usual reply is just "oh im so sorry" hahaha like ive just said i have cancer or something truly actually bad

yea predjudice "people" exist all over ... i wish it wasnt the case but it is .... rolls right off my back smile

my mom told me a story of a donkey who was stuck in a hole (why donkey got in a hole i never knew) and he was trapped and no one would help him out:(

and people would come and throw dirt in the hole trying to cover him
he would shrug it off and step up smile eventually enough dirt was thrown in he simply walked out of the hole smile

thats one awesome donkey is what i know hahaha

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:09 AM

*****stove is pre heating .... preparing to hop on******

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:11 AM

Woo hoo!! Bullseye here we come!

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By: vickies2
Maybe you should try to consider how terrible i feel instead of judging my behaviour first.

Also thank you for supporting me against the criticisms of Lamonsas, I truly felt hurt since I really am willing to do anything for my keet.

Vickies2: In my opinion your comments are "right on" and good for you for remaining calm. Many of us forum members are hoping that your bird is okay, and obviously many of us try to be helpful and supportive.

May I suggest to you (and others) that, in the future, you just hit the "notify" button that's at the bottom of each post when you read a post like Iamonsas' first one on this topic. Maybe I'm wrong but it strikes me as breaking both written and unwritten rules to criticize someone who has a hurt keet (unless the person intentionally and cruelly injured/neglected his/her bird). It is also, of course, the complete opposite of being supportive and helpful.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:16 AM

Thanks for your suggestion pudgie's mom ! I didn't know there's a notify buttom ...~ =(

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:18 AM

i really think an introductory course in world religion should be made mandatory in schools in north america to educate the ignorant ones. It's just pathetic how people are so rude sometimes.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:23 AM

yup i agree vickies2 smile but people freak out if you even mention the word "god" on school grounds loolz

oh well ... haters make the world go round

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:25 AM

I didn't realize that would count as something reportable or I would have smile Maybe i will in the future smile
My school actually did have a mandatory 'religion course' world cultures. We had it right around 9/11. not gonna lie it never really occurred to me to care whether people were 'muslim' or not until the radicals start yelling about how they were just being good 'Muslims' which is why it was a good thing I had that class right then. My teacher just turned the news off one day and went 'ok now let me tell you why these nuts are not typical Muslims.'

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:29 AM

lol ... i wish everyone had teachers like that

but it comes to a point when ur an adult that u just realize even if you know absolutly nothing about a person or their faith or culture ... to hate dislike or judge them based on it is just plane ignorant ... even more so when u know nothing about it lolz

how is it possible to dislike a thing u dont know haha i never got that
Posted By: joandboys

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 06:49 AM

So Sorry to hear about your mishap. I know how bad you must feel.Itsounds like your little guy is doing ok. However I agree with all the others who said you probably should take him in just in case. I know you want to observe him a few days, however, even a not so great vet can look at an x-ray and tell it there are any broken bones. You can request to look at the x-rays also. the important thing is that anything obvious would be checked out. Sometimes certain injuries are better delt with in the earlier stages. He is probably fine from what you say but you will have confirmed that.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 06:52 AM

the sound your hearing is me screaming enough aready.we're not on the forum for all tha drama and nonsence.we're to aid each other in the correct care of our birds.these silly little disagreements have to stop,it's messes with the flow of the forum.it takes away from it.when anyone says something you don't like then keep stepping,be the better person.life is to short for a bunch of poop.he,he just look at the poor people who were shoot for no reason.I repeat life is to short to let little things bother you.they don't look good and the person answring is only bringing their self down to a lower level.just let it go.iif eveybody stoped paying attention to things of this nature it would stop,because they would only be speaking to them self.now that i've gotten that off my chest.how's everyone doing.fine I hope.
Posted By: PDM

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 10:29 AM

Once again I have opened my inbox to find a flurry of alerts ~ and all about this thread.

It's true what others have said ~ some of the silliness that goes on in this forum spoils the main topic of the thread.

Originally Posted By: vickies2
I just sat on my budgie!!
he likes to follow me around, i was picking up a phone call and was standing, when i sat down on my chair i felt somthing under my bum, and it was my poor little birdie!!

Now, I'm sure that everyone who read this felt very concerned for the bird.

Some would have also felt sorry for Vickies2; others will have felt that she should have been more careful; yet others will feel a mixture of both.

My kittens get under my feet all the time and I know that I have occasionally hurt them. It was accidental. Yes, I do need to keep my eyes open, but I'm not perfect. I'm not a perfect pet-owner &, personally, I don't believe that anyone is.

Lamonsas was very annoyed. The general consensus is to be more forgiving of Vickies.

We had a thread similar to this before. It, too, caused arguments. That time, one person was being more forgiving, while the general consensus was to be very critical of the pet-owner.

Then, as now, I can see both sides.

If we keep small animals, we must be careful, but, as I said, personally, I think we do need to be more understanding & forgiving.

I cannot really criticise one person for having strong views, just because they do not fall in with the views of everyone else.
Originally Posted By: Lamonsas
'im furious because im sorry for the keet and do NOT tell me to chill, i almost cried when i read this post ...'

I would, though, suggest that Lamonsas has a good think about his tone and as to why it keeps annoying other members.

As for calling someone a 'jerk', this is against the rules. No insults!

Now onto something else that has occurred in this thread.

Lamonsas has, in my opinion, been very insulting towards Helwa.

Originally Posted By: Lamonsa
dont call me a muslim lol, ever
you couldnt face the truth that someone from the religious forum hated you lol.
ur not the BRIGHTEST pc person
u had a fight with someone that called you a ***** muslim in the religious forum
get your dirty mouth out of this thread please

To call someone a Moslem is absolutely not an insult.
As I recall, no-one even insulted Helwa by calling her a ???? Muslim ~ whatever the '?' stands for.
There were some disagreements in the 'Religious Research' forum, but that is normal, that is what we do, we discuss, debate, etc.
That absolutely does not mean that anyone hated her.

I asked Helwa for some comments if she chose to join in; she decided after a while that she preferred the 'Parakeets' section.

Insults are not allowed.
No-one tells someone else to get their 'dirty mouth' out of any thread. That is totally unacceptable.

Lamonsas, you are being banned for this totally inappropriate behaviour.

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 05:52 PM

im sorry... I didn't realize I was breaking any rules, it wont happen again

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 07:22 PM

My god, just reading this whole topic gets me really mad, how rude could that guy be???
Posted By: Lishious

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 08:26 PM

Personally id just like to point out a couple things as in reference to helwa ( not bad things lol) Im sorry you were being insulted this is somthing that sadly exist in our world today, And just to let you know when lamonsas said somthing about how it was peaceful when you left,, NOT TRUE! The forum was the same lol just people felt worse because no one was tehre to stick up to them ( ur the few that stands there ground:) ) anyways we dont be hearing from lamonsas anymore

Re: HELP! - 12/07/07 08:35 PM

its all good smile im not too worried ... im sad to see him leave but its probally the only way to stop it.

if things were good or bad or nothing the 2 days i was gone doesnt even matter to me lol ... the thread shows about 10-15 people who say otherwise so im not worried. lolz

Re: HELP! - 12/08/07 09:26 PM

As you know, Lamonsas was banned recently, and as you probably also know, bans can last from one day to ~ forever.

The ban on Lamonsas is temporary. He was not warned in advance and deserves the chance to make amends for the unpleasant terminology he used in posts towards Helwa.

Some people have wrongly assumed that he was banned for general behaviour. This is not the case. The ban was specifically for the 'dirty mouth' comment and those associated with it.

In view of the fact that he had also been insulted; that he was emotionally upset because of the possibility of the bird suffering; that he needs the chance to apologise to Helwa, and that this is the season of goodwill, he will be able to return, on probation, shortly before Christmas.

I want to re-iterate that when I received alerts about this thread, not all were against Lamonsas. There were also comments about the general bickering and about Lamonsas being 'attacked' by others.

I would like everyone to behave in a mature and friendly manner, please.

Re: HELP! - 12/08/07 11:35 PM

Thanks PDM,a few of the more experience member are seldom coming on because of the nonsence.those that was here when I came knew a great deal concerning birds,we need people like that.maybe now we can get back to what each one of us is here for;to learn how to be a more responible bird owner.I myself almost thought about taking a break,but I realized that has a member of this forum that is great by the way I have a duty to pass on the knownledge that was given to me when I first came on;so I've stayed,slong with some other very experience members.wishing everyone a very healthy and happy holiday season.big bad momma and bird family.

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 12:48 AM

I wasn't going to put my two cents in on this all again, but I would like to say if I crossed a line I'm sorry. I tried really hard to not break any rules with this whole thread but it escalated so fast and then some really mean thing were said and I really felt like I should defend some really good members. I also felt like the person who started the thread was being slammed when they should have been given actual advice which is what we are here to do. I am happy that Lamonas is not permanently banned because I was feeling bad about that and I understand the he was upset about the whole situation.
Posted By: Amethyst

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: HEATHEsaurusREX

People who freak out about their birds flying in to wall are the people who want to wrap their kids in bubble wrap.
chill.

i had a bird killed from flying into a wall, it was my very first keet, and i find this terribly insensitive on an emotional topic for me. please be considerate. rest in peace, manu.

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 01:38 AM

I'm sure it wasn't meant to be insensitive toward you. I think it was meant that keets fly into the wall all the time while learning to fly and it is just something they learn to avoid like children and falling down. We realize that sometimes there are accidents, though, and I'm sorry that such a sad thing happened to you, though. RIP manu.
Posted By: Peanut and Bella

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 04:17 AM

I think that there is something very important to take away from this whole thing. Everyone, no matter how knowledegable and friendly needs to be careful and considerate in their responses to posts. I put up a question a while back about a little poop and all of a sudden my bird was going to die. I'm not looking up who because i don't want to be accusing. That made me almost have a heart attack. Things like this happen. They are unfortunate. It's just like a kid playing on a couch and they fall off. You can do everything possible to protect your loved ones and then something happens. You have to realize that every indication following the incidents indicate things are ok. A personal attack is the last thing we need when we bring up a problem. Give advice but the personal attacks make us not want to stay here. I understand that peoples feelings and opinions sometimes overheat but we need to try to keep them in check. Thank you to EVERYONE that's helping us new and old keet owners with problems.

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Peanut and Bella
I think that there is something very important to take away from this whole thing. Everyone, no matter how knowledegable and friendly needs to be careful and considerate in their responses to posts. ... A personal attack is the last thing we need when we bring up a problem. Give advice but the personal attacks make us not want to stay here. I understand that peoples feelings and opinions sometimes overheat but we need to try to keep them in check. Thank you to EVERYONE that's helping us new and old keet owners with problems.

IMO this is really well-said!

For my part, I realize that several of my remarks to Lamonsas were patronizing, but I just couldn't understand why someone 18 years old was unable to be more sensitive to others' feelings, and it truly is sometimes too easy to "overheat."

It seems to me that some of the people who've been banned in the past two months were intentionally starting uproars to get a reaction, so (naturally) ignoring such posts is probably most effective. I've felt at a loss, though, with people who "just don't get it" and consistently post antagonistic remarks. Is there such a thing as being banned for general behavior rather than just for a specific incident? Is that an uncomfortably vague idea? (Reminds me of that Supreme Court Justice who said, "I can't define pornography but I know it when I see it!")The decisions are of course Lisa's and PDM's; I'm just wondering out loud here, I suppose...

And now for an emphasis on the positive: smile This forum rocks! It rules! It's, like, totally awesome, dude! It's such a wonderful resource, and Pudgie and I really, really appreciate the advice and the great members!

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 07:48 AM

I just wanted to say I was not trying to insult anyone other then Lamonsas and the only reason I was trying to insult him was to shock him in to being a decent human being.
I wasn't trying to make anyone else feel bad though. i'm very sorry about your bird who flew in to the wall and I understand that sometimes it is fatal. Like AnimalFriend said I didn't mean to insult you just that bird fly in to walls, theres nothing we can do to stop it, it's an accident and if you spend the entire time you have your bird wiating for it to do something to accidentally kill itself you're wasting all of the good times you can have worrying. Like mothers who wait around all day for their kids to hurt themselves and before they know it their children and 57 years old and don't know how to care for themselves... eveyrone flies into a wall sometimes. For some it's fatal and for some it isnt but flipping out when it isnt fatal is a waste of time and energy. This accident obviously isnt fatal and blowing up at someone is the quickest way to get them to not ever come back to get advice about their bird.
i've been a member of this forum for over a year now and have probably only been active for a total of 6 months or so because every time people post problems here I find there is atleast one person who has to jump on them and make them feel horrible and be the opposite of helpful. I react to that one of two ways. I jump in and defend the person (as I did here) or I just don't come back as I've been to other forums where everyone is helpful all the time and no one ever makes anyone feel bad about anything.

That's all I really wanted to say.
Sorry.

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 03:31 PM

This has turned into a very therapeutic thread. I do feel like we were right for trying to stop the immediate attacks because I would have hated for that person to have felt terrible for no reason until PDM got here . But I realize that we may have went about it in the wrong way. Maybe a PM would have saved some problems. And HEATHEsaurusREX I hope you stick around cause this isn't really a big deal. There are some really nice people here.

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 03:54 PM

thanks animalfriend. i didnt mean that heather was trying to upset me, i was just kinda mad. heather didnt know. its not her fault.

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 04:44 PM

i wont lie ... im glad lamonsas was banned ...im glad it isnt permanant as well.

i do apologize if anyone was offended by my words ... that wasnt and is never my intention ... i honestly lose my patience very quickly when someone is repeatedly just plane rude and disrespectful and refuses to see it or stop it. i cant stand it.

i dont come here to argue ... or to be argued AT .. lolz ...

in my honest opinion .... lamonsas did something extremly horrible when he said all what he said to the original poster vickie2 .... it was just totally heartless and mean. and it happens OFTEN.

Posted By: joandboys

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 06:45 PM

Truely, everyone has an experience or emotion that is touched when someone posts a question or response. PDM has put a lot of thought into what and how we should respond so those situations don't get emotional and escalate. No matter how good our intentions are if we deviate from those guidelines we are setting up a situation where someone is going to be offended. If we offer our own well thought out advice and report what we think is inappropriate, PDM will take care of it. I think we are giving her a vote of confidence every time we report and ignore. We all care very much in our own individual ways, and we are all different in our ability to express that caring. In my humble opinion our example will say more than any reprimand ever could. This forum is full of a lot of nice people! Happy Holidays to you all, warbles to the keets from Sweetie and Cookie!
Posted By: pretty bird

Re: HELP! - 12/09/07 07:10 PM

I to got upset and emotional instead of using my head. From now on I'm going to kill with kindness.
Here is hoping that when a more experienced bird owner sees something that is posted as information and knows that it is incorrect info that the person who posted does not feel offended when corrected. And when some of us older members do correct another member we do it in a manner of helping not degrading.
I know that it is done this way 99 percent of the time now hopefully we can do it 100 percent of the time.
I guess from now on if I do feel ofended I'm just going to back off a little take a deep breath and either not answer or if I do answer I will def try not to degrade the person who may have offended me.
This takes me back to when I was working in retail. We had a customer that came in very grummpy and was not very nice. I made it a point to be as nice as I possibly could be to him. Well it worked because after I while he came in was very friendly and we had some very wonderful conversations and I got to really like him as a person. So we can't always judge a book by its cover as the saying goes.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: pretty bird
...We had a customer that came in very grummpy and was not very nice. I made it a point to be as nice as I possibly could be to him. Well it worked because after I while he came in was very friendly ...

A very similar thing happened to me.

I do appreciate that some posts will be annoying, but we are all different and, since we cannot actually see each other, or hear voice tones, we lose out on aspects of a conversation that we might have if it were face to face. In some ways this can be a positive thing. In other cases it can cause misunderstanding.

From my experience in a more controversial discussion area ~ the 'Religious Research' zone, I find that it is always best to say 'I disagree', or even 'I disagree strongly', than 'You are wrong'.

Of course, if you think that certain behaviour might be harmful, you need to state this very clearly: ~ eg
'This seems very dangerous to me!
'I appreciate that you think it is safe and I'm sure that you mean no harm, but this could be putting your pet in great danger!'

If this criticism is made to anyone, then no rude response should be made, even if that person thinks that the criticism is unfounded.

Preferably it would be good to quote from an expert.

Serious matters can be discussed and criticisms made, and feelings hurt, without any need for name-calling or any other negative behaviour.

Thank you for the positive responses! smile
Posted By: AndreaKat

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:34 AM

Wait wait wait... Lamonsas was BANNED!?!?!

*Brings out party hats*

We love you Helwa!

laugh

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:39 AM

well, i dont want to gossip about lamonsas, but i hope when he comes back he will be kinder.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:40 AM

I hope that everyone will be kinder, then there will be no cause for any agression.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:41 AM

hahaha andrea u finally caught up huh

i do feel bad he is banned ... but he had chances frown i hope he comes back at christmas in a much kinder place....

lol i didnt even hit the notify button

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:43 AM

Y'all know he isnt gonna come back any nicer than he ever was. Hes always been a xxxx.

Insulting someone elses faith, in my opinion, is a horrible thing to do. Racism is really something I cannot tolerate, in and form.

Lamonsas knows better.

Thats all I have to say. My party hat is still on, and I dont feel bad for him. He got what he deserved.

Amen

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:45 AM

i agree he got what he deserved ... for sure ... i just feel bad that the situation had to come to that ... ive known alot of people who disliked me but thats cuz they knew and didnt like me LMAO that i can understand hahahaha

as far as i know ive never met lamonsas enless we were in the subway one day together or something and i dont remember him hahahaha j.k

r u sharing party hats or its just for you?

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:49 AM

Yes Lamonsas was banned temporarily and if I remember correctly will be given another chance shortly before Christmas. Hopefully they will understand the opinions and reasons listed in all of these most recent posts and will be able to 'keep moving forward' (I love Disney.. smile There are a lot of us new members and it's sad to see an experienced member leave for any reason. Every one of us has different views and experiences to bring to the table and lets just hope that this ban helps us ALL in a posetive light... And now that i'm done being objective....
*party hats are acceptable under the circumstances*

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:52 AM

i need a hot pink party hate with sparlklers on it lol

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:54 AM

No, I am passing them out to those that would like to participate in the mini party. Too bad Zoo isnt here, hehe.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:56 AM

hahaha poor zoo frown

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 01:57 AM

She will survive! smile

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:02 AM

Where is Zoo btw... Havent's seen her on here and i've been out of town so i'm out of the loop...... frown We will just have to save one for her.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:14 AM

she made a post in the off topic section saying she had to study for finals and stuff for a couple days smile
Posted By: Kelsey

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:30 AM

I should be studying for finals right now..... oh well smile

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: AndreaKat
Y'all know he isnt gonna come back any nicer than he ever was. Hes always been a xxxx. ...

Do not use this kind of language.

One person using unacceptable language is no different from any other person using unacceptable language.
It is unacceptable!

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:35 AM

xxxx?

Ok ok, I give up. How about the scientific term 'feces'?

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:37 AM

smile

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:38 AM

Insulting other members is against the rules, whatever the terminology.

This is exactly the sort of thing that has been referred to me in the past.

I thought that it had come to an end now.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:43 AM

Sorry, I wont be nice to rude people. Once he shows ANYONE on this forum some RESPECT, I will do the same. That hasnt happened, and it wont ever.

I am sorry, but an insult to someones religious beliefs is against everything I stand for as a person. I despise bigots, racists, and animal abusers. If my behavior is un-acceptable then so be it. I will leave. But lamonsas is OUT OF CONTROL and I cant stand how hes coddled on here.

Someone needs to grow a xxxxx and ban his xxx permanently.

Im outta here. Goodnight everyone.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:46 AM

holy cow! what does any of this have to do with sitting on keets?! i came to this topic to help someone in need, and i get dirty scientific terms? lordy, whatever happened to that poor sat-on keet, we will never know.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 02:51 AM

I completely agree reegehuladodin. What did ever happen with the Keet? I just can't understand how all of this escalated.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 03:05 AM

It's nearly 3am and I have a virus so must go to bed, but I wish to try to get some things sorted out.

People are not allowed to call other people names or to insult them. Please check the rules.

Depending on the situation and / or the terms, rule-breakers could be banned for ever or for a while ~ and the response to the ban will have its effects too.

Some people, though, seem to think that because one person's behaviour annoys them, it is then all right for them, in turn, to break rules. It isn't.

It is this kind of behaviour that has been reported to me in the past ~ not just the behaviour of Lamonsas, who has, actually, been banned for a time.

I'm afraid that I do not consider it within the rules to call someone else 'faeces' or slang words for same. How far different is this from referring to someone's 'dirty mouth'? I find both extremely unpleasant & unacceptable.

If someone breaks a rule, then send an 'alert' / 'report'.
Do not decide that two wrongs make a right and start breaking rules yourself.

If you don't want to see a person's posts, 'ignore' them.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 03:09 AM

Get well soon, PDM.

Unrelated: How do you ignore somebody? I don't see a button.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 04:04 AM

get well soon pdm

lol andrea calm down babe he is banned .... lolz .. i hear were ur coming from but he is gone now smile when he comes back ima give him a chance so i think others can bare to do it also lolz after all im a **** muslim LMAO i really wana know what **** is lolz

these kinds of people feed off others anger ... so getting upset and angry only makes them worse smile

replying with smart bumm remarks and kindness however gets THEM ANGRY wink

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 04:06 AM

lolz though i agree with what you called him(lamonsas) andrea ... with respect pdm has to tell anyone who calls a name to stop or pdm would not be a fair moderator ... pdm cant tell one to stop and not another ... smile

lolz

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 06:17 PM

I was in a bad mood last night, overly tired. Sorry :P

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 09:21 PM

I'm sad I missed the party frown I would have worn a purple hat with glitter.

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 09:36 PM

lol its ok andrea i saved you some cake ahaha

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 09:39 PM

YESSSSS!!!! I can handle cake. MMMM.....cake.....
Posted By: mcartier

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 09:55 PM

Haha helwa love the new avatar! I agree with you all, I am not sad to see lamonsas banned, even if it is for a short time...there was simply no call for him to say the things he did, though we must keep in mind that he won't learn anything from it if we sink to his level.

That said, can I have some cake too??

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 09:58 PM

Me too!!! Is there any green hats left with purple glitter??
Posted By: Candice

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 10:02 PM

wow I am glad I missed that one. I would have left as soon as the part with the religous prejiduce started to kick in. lamonsas is not the best person to talk with. That is why I never talk to him...her...it. 'It' is their new gender xD

I made a topic on my training with my birds,and all 'it' did was tell me I was stupid, Tell me how PERFECT 'it' is, and that 'it' had PERFECTLY trained "IT'S" keets outside of the cage in two months.

All I have to say is that I wish that this person would find a different parakeet board to tell people how stupid their are, how WRONG their training is, and that They know more than everyone rather than us.

By the way, Helwa, YOU ARE MY NEW HERO!!!Way to tell "IT" off.
NYAH!~~~~

Okay I am done ^-^

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 10:24 PM

LOVE the pic, Mewsie.

It totally fits for the conversation too, lol. wink

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 10:45 PM

lol thanks

yup plenty of cake and hats left

lol i have a poster with that pic lolz

i knoooooow coco's mama told me the meez avatar site has hijabs now hahaha i was like oooooh coooooool hahaha so i had to go make a new one and she is doin a sassy snap but it kinda looks like she is just spazzing out lol
Posted By: mcartier

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 11:52 PM

Oh I knew it had to be a sassy snap

like "oh no you didn't!" haha

Re: HELP! - 12/10/07 11:56 PM

yup exactly hahha
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum