Lisa Shea

My cat is at the vet

Posted By: Darkness

My cat is at the vet - 04/28/09 06:53 PM

She's been there since Sunday. My kids left their Easter baskets on the kitchen table and while I was helping clean up their toys, I heard choking. I go in, thinking it's the dog, but find my cat choking on the plastic Easter grass. I pulled some out but from looking at the basket, I knew that she had eaten more. I took her into my vet and they ended up having to do surgery because her bowels were impacted. She's recovering but it was truly scary.
Posted By: The_Zookeeper

Re: My cat is at the vet - 04/28/09 07:32 PM

that's awful frown
I'm glad shes going to be ok though
Posted By: guess what?

Re: My cat is at the vet - 04/28/09 07:32 PM

oh no! She was eating Easter grass?! Im glad shes recovering, how soon can you take your kitty home?
Posted By: SweetBirdies

Re: My cat is at the vet - 04/28/09 08:23 PM

good thing to hear she will be okay. happy endings are the best. smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: My cat is at the vet - 04/28/09 08:30 PM

how scary!!!!

its very hard for cats to spit something out of their mouths, the barbs on their tongues point backwards and push things into their throats, so the more they try to spit it out the further back it goes.

very scary indeed, hope the poor baby recovers quickly!!
Posted By: Darkness

Re: My cat is at the vet - 04/28/09 08:37 PM

Yeah. I get to get her Thursday. After the kids went to school I went to visit her. Just to let her know not to be scared. They even let me bring her toy doll I knitted.

She loves plastic and I have to always make sure it's up. I let this slip thinking she wouldn't eat it. I don't think I'll be using Easter grass again. This was the first year I used it for the kids.
Posted By: WhitePegasus

Re: My cat is at the vet - 04/30/09 02:35 AM

They make edible easter grass, so if you want to use some just be sure to use the edible kind.
Posted By: SweetBirdies

Re: My cat is at the vet - 04/30/09 03:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Darkness
Yeah. I get to get her Thursday. After the kids went to school I went to visit her. Just to let her know not to be scared. They even let me bring her toy doll I knitted.

aawwww, how special for you to make her a toy. it is so sweet of you to take that to her. i bet that makes her a bit more comfortable.
i love making my birds homemade toys. means so much more than just buying them. smile

congrats on being able to take your baby home TOMORROW! YAY! grin
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum