Lisa Shea

Hamsters (new with PICS!)

Posted By: TigerBluEyez

Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/28/07 07:53 AM

Just wondering who here has hamsters, as I may be getting one or two Campbell dwarf ones tomorrow. I know a guy who breeds and lives nearby smile

I'll have to post pictures as soon as I bring the baby(ies) home!
Posted By: Stephen

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/28/07 01:10 PM

I have always wanted a hamster and i did hours upon hours of reaserch because i thought my moom would let me get one, but she s rodents! frown frown Make sure the hamsters are from the smae family (siblings) and hav grown up toether or there is still a chance they willfight. (even though they are dwarfs) Have fun and post pictures!!
Posted By: Birdie Menagerie

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/28/07 01:35 PM

I've had several hamsters. A bunch of those cute dwarf teddy bear hamsters. They were fuzzy but tiny. We were given two and one was pregnant and then we had an explossion of them, lol. We couldn't give them away.

Now we have a larger teddy bear hamster. We were told at PetSmart that the larger ones are more loving, or at least, less nippy. Our dwarf ones were a bit nippy.

They all have their own little personalities. One of the dwarf teddy bear hamsters only wanted to eat and sleep and didn't mind being held, she just slept. We named her Pudgy, lol.

The one we have now, is a little escape artist. We've just had to buy him a new cage as he chewed the plastic-metal one. He bent the door lock on the metal so he can open it when my son is asleep. We just had to go out and buy an all metal cage with a special extra lock on it. laugh

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/28/07 04:56 PM

LoL, cute! Do you have any pics of him Birdie? I'd love to see...

I just got two females from the same litter today. I trust the guy because he showed me how he sexes them, etc. He said it can be difficult sometimes but he is SURE they are both females. He also was recommended by someone I know. smile

They're so cute, but I dunno what to name them! I'll have to get pics. They have red eyes which I wasn't too fond of at first but their personalities DEFINITELY make up for it! Their colors are so cute too... and they're SO soft!

Very friendly lil girls. I was thinking of naming one Olivia but I can't think of a name to go with it... I might have to get to know their personalities a bit more first. smile

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/28/07 05:07 PM

[Linked Image]

Here's one picture of them...

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/28/07 05:31 PM

[Linked Image]

Another pic...

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/29/07 12:03 AM

What cuties! They look like little puff balls! smile I like their red eyes and their pretty colors! Cuties!
Posted By: birdfriend

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/29/07 12:56 AM

They look soooo soft!
Posted By: Sara_Bandit_Ty

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/29/07 01:13 AM

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
Posted By: SillyBird

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/29/07 01:37 AM

They're sooooo tiny and precious!! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Bird Crazy103

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/29/07 01:43 AM

awww, their soo cute!!! little furballs!! more pics plz if u can!!
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/29/07 12:27 PM

OMG cute don't lose them they are so small.

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/29/07 06:45 PM

[Linked Image]

Olivia

[Linked Image]

Penelope
Posted By: fred_and_nikku_luver

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/30/07 04:31 PM

my friend has a really relly cute one!

Re: Hamsters (new with PICS!) - 01/30/07 08:57 PM

I like the one of Olivia looking over the counter! smile