Lisa Shea

So im starting at Petsmart this week...

Posted By: SillyBird

So im starting at Petsmart this week... - 08/18/08 03:37 PM

Yep. I finaly got a call from Petsmart saying I was starting this week. Im definitely excited, a little nervous for whats to come though.. I've heard many horror stories about pets coming in. But, the Petsmart im going to be working at seems very neat and all the cages are always very clean and tidy, so hopefully its the same way behind the doors! One of the policy's I like is that if I do not feel comfortable with the person im selling an animal too, I dont need to sell it to them.. I can deny it. So I am truly happy with that! Another good thing is that we cant sell our animals for food. But you know, you cant always be sure the person is buying it as a pet... Some people fake it. But I will defninitely try my best! Wish me luck smile
Posted By: Seafoam

Re: So im starting at Petsmart this week... - 08/18/08 09:31 PM

Ooooh, how exciting! You can deny a customer? Whoa, never knew that. Congrats and good luck!
Posted By: Darkness

Re: So im starting at Petsmart this week... - 08/18/08 10:44 PM

That's awesome! Good luck with everything!
Posted By: IronFront

Re: So im starting at Petsmart this week... - 08/19/08 02:34 AM

I'd deny everyone. When the manager asks me why I'd go "Well, I hate this place."
Posted By: Lady78

Re: So im starting at Petsmart this week... - 08/19/08 03:03 AM

That is a good policy. I never knew Petsmart had this policy and I worked there for a few months. However, I worked in the grooming salon and not in selling pets.

Congrats on your new job!!
Posted By: Stephen

Re: So im starting at Petsmart this week... - 08/22/08 02:46 PM

Yeah, that policy is awesome! Of course, you will then be accused of profiling, but that's okay if you're saving an animal life in the process.
Posted By: pinksnowme

Re: So im starting at Petsmart this week... - 08/22/08 06:53 PM

That is so great DeShannah! I like there will be a knowledgable person handling the birds.
I felt much more relaxed with the new employee last week that had parakeet info in her head.
Posted By: Blaze

Re: So im starting at Petsmart this week... - 08/25/08 01:25 AM

Good luck, I am about to quit my job at the pet store I work at. I really hate working with the public when it comes to pet selling. We can't refuse a sale. Plus I really dislike the environment. I wish you all of the best.
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum