Lisa Shea

Depression for Sky :(

Posted By: Skish

Depression for Sky :( - 09/22/07 03:19 PM

I think Sky might be depressed *sigh*
He was fine at first when we lost Ace, but not he just sits around the cage, and he's starting losing some feathers?
Do any of you guys have any pages on parakeet depression? Because I can't find anything.

Anyways, we think we might be getting another bird, soon, since we're all so busy, and it kills me to see him like this..but I want to make sure it's not actually a serious illness *worries*
Posted By: Jack'sDeltaBlues

Re: Depression for Sky :( - 09/22/07 11:29 PM

I would take him to the vet to rule out any disease, especially if you are going to get another bird. I don't know anything about depression in keets, but I would rule out physical causes first anyways.
good luck and let us know how the little guy is doing.
Posted By: joandboys

Re: Depression for Sky :( - 09/23/07 12:07 AM

For what it's worth, Sweetie didn't go through the loss of a friend, but he started molting and all of a sudden didn't want to fly or flirt with Cookie and he kept going into his cage whenever I took him out. Usually he loved to be out and would be head bobbing and trying to kiss Cookie and he just wasn't himself. I was really worried. Big Momma told me that molting really made them moody and uncomfortable. Until you have him checked for illness, don't worry too much. Maybe he is molting and moody because of that. Good luck
Posted By: Skish

Re: Depression for Sky :( - 09/23/07 12:26 AM

I asked my dad and he doesn't want to take him to the vet.
And I have no one to call.
Also, now he's been trying hard to throw up, but nothing's coming out..and he's been eating a lot..I think he's trying to throw up..and overeating because of it.
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum