Lisa Shea

Vinyl Collar

Posted By: Reena

Vinyl Collar - 02/13/06 02:19 AM

Hi

In case anyone needs to make a collar for their budgie, here is a link to a template on my web page to make one.

Collar Template
Posted By: icequeen50

Re: Vinyl Collar - 02/14/06 12:55 AM

How does that work when their molting? theres no way to reach feathers. This must be alittle frustrating and by the way how is the collar working. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Reena

Re: Vinyl Collar - 02/14/06 03:34 PM

I had indicated in a previous post that we let our budgie out of her collar once or twice a week to preen, under close observation. Of course, I'm sure it is frustrating for her not to be able to get at her feathers, but it is necessary under the circumstances....a little frustration..or bleed to death. There's not much of a choice there. She's a happy little bird and the collar works well for her.
Posted By: LPG

Re: Vinyl Collar - 02/15/06 12:44 AM

No offence intended but to me that looks cruel. I know that type of collar is used for dogs/cats to prevent them chewing/biting after surgery etc.

My birds preen extensively on a daily basis.
Posted By: Nadia_123

Re: Vinyl Collar - 02/18/06 02:03 AM

Hi orion have you looked at reena's other posting? reena's budgie if I'm not mistaken has a tumor on the tummy...I hope eveything goes well...that is why reena's budgie has a collar...if you read closely on what she has said..

I'm sure it is frustrating for her not to be able to get at her feathers, but it is necessary under the circumstances....a little frustration..or bleed to death.
i just thought it would be helpful to point that out smile
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum