Lisa Shea

mark is very sick

Posted By: Jenny_Leigh

mark is very sick - 02/07/06 10:12 PM

so i come home to see mark all fluffed up at the bottom of his cage. i don't know what to do. my dad says it is stupid to take parakeets to the vet, no one does, and he doesnt know where to take him. i have been holding him in my hand for a couple hours. he is fluffed up and very weak. he has millet,water,food, and his favorite toy by his side and he wont touch any of it. it is about 80 degrees in my room. he is so sick. i am so sad. i dont know what to do.
Posted By: Alyssa

Re: mark is very sick - 02/07/06 10:21 PM

Jenny I am sorry to say but he sounds very, very sick and he almost certaintly will die if you dont get him to a vet immediatly. At this stage even a regular vet is better than nothing as long as they treat birds, and they might know someone they can contact that deals with birds spesicifally. You need to talk to your dad some more, offer to do chores, anything, just try to get him to go even if its not for the bird.

Re: mark is very sick - 02/07/06 10:32 PM

the heat must be helping him. he just drank some water, and flew to his cage. i am still very worried and my dad still refuses to take him to the vet. he is still fluffed up but he is perched.

Re: mark is very sick - 02/07/06 10:52 PM

he was not near like this this morning. i don't know whats wrong with him. it looks like he is gaining strength. i am praying hard he gets better.
Posted By: Capt. Haddock

Re: mark is very sick - 02/07/06 10:55 PM

that's awful Jenny, I wish we could help.

Keep us posted on his condition. I hope he improves.

Re: mark is very sick - 02/08/06 01:48 AM

so mark ate, preened, and flew around before peacefully going to sleep. in the course of one day he went from perfectly fine, to deadly sick, to ok. confused confused
Posted By: Cristina

Re: mark is very sick - 02/08/06 03:07 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about Mark. Just make sure to keep him as warm as possible. Maybe you can at least call a vet for any advice they might provide you with.

Hope all goes well and keep us posted on his condition.
Posted By: Capt. Haddock

Re: mark is very sick - 02/08/06 02:21 PM

Sometimes they just come down with something and it goes away on its own.

It's happened to my bird before.

Glad to hear he's doing better, anyway.
Posted By: Nadia_123

Re: mark is very sick - 02/08/06 02:24 PM

Glad to hear he's doing better too...i know how it feels when they get sick frown

I hope everything will be alright
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum