Lisa Shea

Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle

Posted By: Reena

Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle - 02/09/06 07:14 PM

Anyone experience this...

Before I go to work in the morning, my routine involves cleaning the aviary/cages, cleaning and preparing veggies, changing seed/pellet, cleaning dishes, fixing water dishes...only to have certain winged critters pick up each and every piece of kayle/broccoli and fruit in the bowls and toss to the floor...and one little critter loves to jump in his larger seed dish and do a wiggle with his feet and rump and knock all the seeds out of the cup...just because he can!! Must be fun to stay home and play all day!
Posted By: climbtreez

Re: Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle - 02/09/06 11:36 PM

oh my birds do that. When I change there food I fill it a little over the top so lemon will come down and push all the extra seed out.
Posted By: Cully's Mom

Re: Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle - 02/10/06 06:20 PM

Cully used to squiggle in her seeds when I first got her. It was a riot, she just squiggled to make a mess I think.

Since then I have given her a "people bowl", a clear glass dish that I put her people food in each day and set on the bottom of her cage. she doesn't squiggle in it, she ROLLS in it.

She just loves to play in her food! Its a riot!
Posted By: Reena

Re: Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle - 02/10/06 06:58 PM

Yes, I agree it's pretty funny...my blue one does it for attention or when he's demanding to be let out. He does it in the veggie bowl too. It can be funny and it can be frustrating, especially when I've just gotten everything ready and am on the way out the door. But to watch him, geez it's funny. It's like he's having a tantrum! Spoiled little brat.
Posted By: paula k

Re: Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle - 02/11/06 02:17 AM

laugh laugh laugh Everything gets dropped to the bottom of the cage. What I think is funny is that Tillie checks the treat cups out and then takes whatever she doesn't want in there and drops it to the cage floor, but what if Ava wants it? Tillie is selfish.
Posted By: 4kimpossible

Re: Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle - 02/11/06 04:01 PM

Lilly will actually pick up seeds and treats and fling them out of the cage at our dog when he walks by! Hmm. Feeding or pestering?
Posted By: Cully's Mom

Re: Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle - 02/11/06 07:00 PM

Oh what a hoot! That's funny! What does the dog do? LOL!
Posted By: 4kimpossible

Re: Veggie Toss & Seed Wiggle - 02/11/06 10:03 PM

The dog, Chocolate Lab named, Mousse'...is a glutton. He of course eats anything she throws out!
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum