Lisa Shea

New indoor aviary

Posted By: Reena

New indoor aviary - 02/01/06 04:41 PM

Hi

My BF is always building something in our house, and in keeping with that, he's building an indoor aviary for our 4 budgies. He has a few things yet to finish on it including some shelving in the bottom for supplies and wheels but I love it so far and hope they do! laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jaykelvik

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/01/06 04:43 PM

its looking great im shore they will enjoy there new home very much
Posted By: AyEe Y0o

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/01/06 08:25 PM

Oh wow... very cool... I really like it... =] The birds will so enjoy it.
Posted By: lamont

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/01/06 08:30 PM

How did it take for him to bild it up to were it is now?

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/01/06 08:37 PM

He's been working on it every day for about a week or less. But he gets obsessed when he works on something and keeps at it until it's finished. I'm at work now, but I'll bet by the time I get home it will be finished or very close to it!

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/01/06 08:49 PM

PS I've mentioned that he should write down plans for the aviary and I'd be able to post it on my web page for others. He's also built window boxes (valances) that not only pretty up our windows but the top portions are unfinished wood with very long perches on top. It saved my curtains and the floor from droppings. Plus they look really good.

(Kitchen Window)
http://www.maureena.net/Images/PICT4820.JPG

(Art/Computer Room)
[Linked Image]

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/04/06 04:14 AM

Beautiful kitchen, and the bedroom. 0=]

Nice work... too... WOW!
Posted By: icequeen50

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/04/06 04:26 AM

That is just fantastic. OMG i just adore the whole thing. i am blown away. You better not let your bf get away. he is a really nice guy. Your birds are gonna just luv em too! Very, very nice. You guys are very talented.He should make them and market....
Posted By: Sablemerle

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/04/06 04:43 AM

Beautiful aviary, and the valances are just gorgeous. Did BF do the tole painting on the valances, or did you?

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/04/06 07:06 AM

Hi, I did the stencil work on the valances. I actually designed the valances too but my BF made everything. Here is the finished aviary.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. My white budgie (Berdie) is wearing a clear cape type collar as she has a xanthoma on her abdomen and we are trying to keep her from picking at it. The tumor doesn't seem to cause her any pain and she's pretty active and happy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] smile
Posted By: paula k

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/04/06 04:23 PM

He did a great job. Are you going to paint it or just keep it natural? Your birds will have so much room now.
Posted By: Kait

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/04/06 06:19 PM

Wow, it looks so great! I'm sure your birds are so happy with their new home smile
Posted By: icequeen50

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/05/06 12:20 AM

I really like the finished touches. I am jealous. No really thats just to say thanks for sharing. That is the most awesome bird house I have seen in a long time, now i'd just like one of those. If you ever do get the plans up and running let me know, i am very interrested. Have fun you guys!
Posted By: i_love_keeets

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/05/06 03:15 AM

I like your avery so much , your bf is really good at it. Your birds are lucky.
Posted By: cmpltlyrandom

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/22/06 02:29 AM

i was wondering if you ever came up with plans or a supply list for making an aviary
Posted By: mamakeet

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/22/06 05:11 AM

WOW!!!!! That is soooo cool!
I tried to make an outdoor one but I am not very good at that stuff. Needless to say it didn't turn out very well. I am impressed!!!!! They are not easy to make!!!!
Any plans on making and selling those?? You would make a killing from people here!!!

Way to go!! smile smile smile

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/22/06 05:20 AM

Wow... I'm just...

Seriously... it's a beautiful wood work!

And the keets look so proud of their new... OK... I am SO one day going to do that. It's very inspiring...!
Posted By: Nadia_123

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/22/06 06:13 AM

wow that is excellenttt I feel like making an aviary too lol but I only have 1 bird hehe...would love to get the plans from you...both of you are very talented smile
Posted By: dailey929

Re: New indoor aviary - 02/23/06 02:23 AM

wow that is AWESOME!! i am super impressed!
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum