Lisa Shea

Happy Halloween!

Posted By: val313

Happy Halloween! - 10/31/09 01:51 AM

I have not posted in months. Sorry! The keets are doing well and wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween with lots of tricks, keets and tweets!

Louie, Basil, Edgar Allen Poe, Patches

Louie is getting plump which is nice. She grew a dark blue tail and still loves cheek scratches. She has now learned how to land of my hand when I call to her.

Basil has wings again and spends the days zooming about the house trying to miss the walls. (not always successful) He can shake and lift his wing for a tickle. Though he protests loudly.

Edgar currently has no tail. He dropped his entire tail one night. It makes him look a bit rounder. He had learned to give kisses which is way too cute. We still do Edgar ball.

Patches is a hopeless case. I love him/her dearly but sadly Patches will always be a bit wild. Thats okay because Edgar is bonded to him/her and is very happy.
That is all that is new with us. Hope you all are well.

Val and The crew.

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/09 02:01 AM

your holiday pics are always the best val !!!!

good to see the flock smile and you of course as well haha
Posted By: tweetymom

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/09 02:07 AM

Hey, Val!! Long time! It's good to hear from you. It HAS been a while. I'm glad to hear yall are doing well.

Are you going to be posting more often now? We have a lot new people on here, and some old friends not at all. I hope to hear from you again soon.

Tell your keeties I said hello and Happy Holloween!
Posted By: kksuns

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/09 02:30 PM

Happy Halloween right back at yas!
It's good to hear from you and your gang. Just how DO you manage to get everyone posing together? It never ceases to amaze me. LOL
Glad everyone is doing well. Stop by more often. We miss you around here smile
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/09 03:53 PM

Loves it. Oh they all look sooo good,I can't even decide which treat I want lols.

Coco is leaning towards Patches, maybe she recognizes the wild look in the eye lol.

Try and stick around a little longer Val, missed ya.

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/09 07:44 PM

Wonderful to hear from you, Val, & thanks for the keety updates, and LOVE the pic -- they sure are treaty-keeties!

That's so bizarre about Edgar's tail just dropping off. (A Tail/Tale of Woe from Mr. Poe?)

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/09 10:04 PM

Tealcandtina must have looked it up, cuz she said that in a moment of survival or fright, (something like that, ), they will drop their tail feathers! Maybe she's on here or will come on here and tell us the exact thing she said.

Re: Happy Halloween! - 10/31/09 10:55 PM

Really I thought geckos did that!!?

Hey it would work i suppose for a lot of creatures with a tail to grab. I can believe that, I have not heard of it before. But it sounds plausible.

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/09 02:01 AM

Well that would be an Edgar thing. He is kinda flakey. They have had night frights off an on so maybe that was the reason. Or he is just morbid and Poe-ish and likes to freak me out. lol

And posing... that was one of about 10 pictures. Basil had an eye closed, Edgar yawned. Patches turned around, Louie bit Basil, Basil bit Edgar.. then Brian had to hover over them to keep them from flying. Birds are hard to photograph!

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/09 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: val313
Birds are hard to photograph!
Certainly, and that's why your pics are so amazingly great!

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/09 02:47 AM

I've never heard of it either, but I'm not surprised. There's a lot I don't know.

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/09 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: P&R Mom
Originally Posted By: val313
Birds are hard to photograph!
Certainly, and that's why your pics are so amazingly great!

Really, say, have you thought about a career in photography I hear there are some really nice openings.

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/01/09 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Coco's Mama
... say, have you thought about a career in photography I hear there are some really nice openings.

ROFLMBO!
Posted By: go_go_go

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/03/09 03:36 AM

I tied my parakeets to my shoulder for Hallowe'en and went as a shwashbuckling, dangerous pirate fiend. It was so much fun!!! smile
Posted By: MyNameIsEarl

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/03/09 03:56 AM

oh my i love pirates! almost as much as parakeets!
Posted By: Captain Robau

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/03/09 03:58 AM

I'm not fond of anyone who advocates disobeying society's laws.
Posted By: go_go_go

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/03/09 03:59 AM

Oh my god, I'm already almost as sick of you people as the rest of the board. It's just an innocent costume.
Posted By: trupunx

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/03/09 04:05 AM

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/04/09 10:33 PM

I deleted my post and moved it to a more appropriate topic. Thank you Coco for reminding me the power of ignore.

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/04/09 10:53 PM

Srsly, ruined the cutest Halloween thread, ignore ignore ignore is my new mantra.

Re: Happy Halloween! - 11/04/09 11:07 PM

Blargh! Sorry I needed to vent this out. And yes my keets are too cute to mess up!
© 2020 Lisa Shea Forum