Lisa Shea

Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!!

Posted By: MgateTina

Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/21/09 02:19 PM

Well... I would like for everybody to meet RIZZO! S/he is our new Birdie!! Rizzo is the sweetest & most affectionate little bird! I was shocked how s/he (I will probably be getting DNA testing in the future) Is so social, and just wants to be on people all the time! From the second we brought him (i say he) home He was just all over all of us! Piper & Cleo don't seem to care.. They only see eachother from their cages for a few hours a day. I was worried at first that if Rizzo saw other birds there could be a problem, I think Rizzo is just to darn laid back to care! I am so excited! My cats on the other hand are a bit jealous! But they will adjust! & Rizzo is great with my kids! Now... we are trying to teach rizzo to talk.. SO we'll see what time brings! Rizzo is also going thru a VERY BAD molt right now! He lets me help him out, and LOVES his baths! Welcome RIZZO!

Posted By: kksuns

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/21/09 02:50 PM

OMG He's soooo adorable and he sounds like quite the friendly character already! Yay!! Major congrats Tina..I'm doin the happy dance for you. I just knew you would find THE one smile
Hey is that ur new cage? Niiice! LOL
Posted By: Puds

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/21/09 03:00 PM

Oh he looks lovely! and what a geat size too smile He sounds like a happy bird, and a great addition!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/21/09 03:14 PM

Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes... KK that is the new cage.. It is the Avian Adventure Nina Dometop.. However... I made a BIG mistake... I never thought I'd actually get a bird that WANTED to be out & hang with me! & I should have gotten the playtop cage instead of the dometop cage.... I am trying to find out if there is a way to order the playtop since it's the exact same cage & the top just pushes right in... & The cage is on wheels, so at that moment I wheeled Rizzo into the kitchen to get his fruit & veggies together in the morning... (notice my polkadot robe!!! LOL) So, normally they (all the birds) are in the family room, and then I put them in our spare room at night & shut the door so that my roaming felines can not go near them! I am going to put up more pics soon! they were taken from my phone so they are not that clear1 But you will see how Riz likes to sit on my head!
Posted By: ___JA

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/21/09 05:49 PM

What a cutie! You're so lucky to have a Green Cheek! I hope to get one someday. Congrats!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! MORE PICS!! Rizzo on my Head! - 09/21/09 05:50 PM

These were taken with my cell phone.. so the pics aren't that great! But you get a good idea how Rizzo likes to be out & about & and on heads! He preens my hair for me!

& Justin... I am so happy to have been able to get him.. I originally was looking for a Tiel.. But it worked out that I happened to get a Green Cheek instead.. I still love Tiels.. But I think 2 parakeets, 2 cats, & 1 conure is MORE than enough! My Husband is ready to go insane, but he actually is the one who brought home the Conure for me as a surprise. It just gets quite noisy at times, but for the most part it's the Keets that are louder.. rizzo is pretty quiet.. he has his moments.. But for the most part he just chills! & I am trying to teach him to talk! In time we will see how that goes!

Hope you enjoy the rest of the pics everyone!

CHEERS... This pumpkin seed is for you!!!!

Posted By: SUPERSTAR

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/21/09 05:51 PM

Very adorable....congrats on the new family member!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/21/09 05:57 PM

Thank You Superstar!
Posted By: Cetan

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/23/09 10:53 PM

Welcome to the wonderful world of green cheeks. My Princess is so affectionate, she doesnt really talk but she clucks and mumbles a bit. She love peanuts, I buy human quality unsalted roasted in the shell and she loves to open them and nibble on the nut. She has a playtop cage but would much rather perch on me than on top of her cage. I hung a rope boing from the top of the cage and hook it inside the door when I am home and the door is open and she likes to sit on that also.

Princess on her boing

Princess on her cholla perch which she loves

close up of her head - you can really see why they are called green cheek

sitting on top of her cage
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/24/09 12:43 AM

Congrats on Rizzo! A cutie pie!

Geez, Mgate Tina and Cetan, you two are great Green Cheek Conure Ambassadors! If I didn't have my hands full with my two keetie-puffs, I'd run out and adopt a green cheek right now! They're adorable.
Posted By: tealcandtina

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/24/09 01:04 AM

Yay more green cheeks! Our 2 are so fun and cuddle and play and Remmy talks! You are in for a fun time with your beauty. They love being out an will do just fine with a dome top. We have the dome tops that open to a play top and we never use them open. They both hang out on top and crawl all over it. Once in a while I have forgotten to lock the door or food door gets left open. When we get home Bella is on top waiting for us.
Congratulations on Rizzo!
Posted By: Kirby&Yoshi

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/24/09 01:45 AM

He is very adorable and sounds so loving smile I love his colors. Did you get him from a petstore or a breeder?
Posted By: peepers14

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/24/09 11:14 AM

yeah green cheeks!!!!!!! Razzo is so adorable. hope you train him to do amazing things

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/24/09 11:57 AM

Cetan... I love yoru pics! It's very funny you mentioned that about the rope perch, b/c I told the hubby yesterday that I was going to buy a couple more & PUT THEM OUTSIDE THE CAGE! Rizzo would rather perch on me as well, but when I am doing stuff he hangs out on the top of his cage.. Love your pics of Princess! Green Cheeks are the Best!

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/24/09 11:59 AM

Thank You everyone..
Posted By: kksuns

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 09/24/09 12:08 PM

I love your Princess pics too Cetan. Princess is such a little Princess smile
Green Cheeks are gorgeous creatures. You guys are blessed.
Posted By: Caninerz

Re: Meet RIZZO!!! My new Yellow Sided Green Cheek!!!! - 10/01/09 09:13 AM

i love conures...
ive always wanted a sun conure...
but Rizzo is still CUTE!!!
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum