Lisa Shea

Awww, puddles is so neat

Posted By: Puds

Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/04/09 05:34 PM

yeah, i know you may be thinking "oh my not another Puddles story!"

But i really cannot help it. Today last hour puddles fell asleep on my lap, tucked up against my stomach! She was so warm and so fluffy! i could feel her leaning so softly against my stomach. Every little breath was felt, little chirpy noises heard. then after 20 minuts of that, she flew to her cage, got a drink and then flew back on to me. She then jumped to my computer, where she sat and looked at me like "yeah, now what!!!"

I started to type this message and every key i slowly hit, she went after the key and bit it. Almost like together, we attacked that key. I told her "no," and gave her a chewy toy. "chew on that" she did, then sat down at the corner, almost like "i will stay away from the action"

Then she flew to my bag of nerds. The wonka candy! i eat so many i place the bulk boxes in a bag. WHile i play with the Pudders i also, everynow and again eat a nerd or two. I guess the bag of pretty colors are around often, she jumped on the plastic bag and opened beak wide, and tried to pick up a nerd...yeah it was cute! she cannot get through the resealable 3 layer freezer bag i keep them in, so i just took them, and placed then where she cannot reach. she then settled down by my hand, and started to rub her head all over my pinky! (awww!)....but i have to move to hit shift! LOL

I may change my name from carly jo...to just one of Puddles flock. she makes me feel so proud, and happy. This must be what its like when a mother hears her child recite the alphabet all alone!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/04/09 05:40 PM

Awwww -- that's a wonderful Puddles story, Ms. Just One of Puddles' Flock! smile She sounds like such a little cuddle-boo.
Posted By: Kirby&Yoshi

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/04/09 05:42 PM

That sounds so adorable smile It sounds like you guys have a very close bond.
Posted By: baby blue

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 01:07 AM

that is a bond that is rare and very special... treasure it!
(and take lots of pics!!!! :))
Posted By: val313

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 01:39 AM

aW! She loves you lots. That is a wonderful feeling. They are sweet little creatures.
Posted By: Luvanimalsdearly

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 01:43 AM

How sweet! Such little birds but they bring us so much joy
Posted By: kksuns

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 01:47 AM

awww that is just soo sweet. You are so lucky to have a little cuddle bug smile I love to hear Puddles stories. She's such a little character.
I was just thinking, if she's so interested in your bag of nerds..maybe she would like to play with pony beads, or ones that are a bit bigger than the average sized ones?

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 02:03 AM

what a sweet little birdy she is !!!

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 02:07 AM

Baby blue today i got pictures of her on my finger. Yes she is still fearing my finger ??? but will go on my arm hand leg, but not finger. Anyway we are working on it. Justin got some great pictures, and cute too! LOL she has loads of millet pieces around her. She gets so scared on my finger, its a wonder if i will ever be able to finger train her. Maybe i will need to have my perch where i go! she flies from across the room to get on her perch (gotta hide it if you move it LOL)

I really cherish what our relationship is developing into. She trusts more every day, its so rewarding! She lets me touch her side, and tummy. I was shocked that she lets me do that! as long as i do not make a perch with my finger i can pet her. Maybe in the very beginning i messed up, did something wrong and terrefied her of my "perch finger" Or maybe she remembers that time she fell off! (hmmm maybe!)

Kksuns she LOVES pony beads. I bought some that have glitter trapped in the coating, as well as glow in the dark ones. A few years ago i was able to find a kit that had little shapes and animals. I made her a toy, that has cherries all over it, another with my hero (hello kitty) and one with a plane, a helicopter and a bird. I put them on the tops of ladders, and on her toys. She loves to click them back and fourth...but mainly loves to spin them. She also prefers pinks and reds. Power to the PONY!

If 3 months ago you would tell me this is what i would be doing with my Puddles, i would scoff and say "i will still be perch training that mega bitter!" She still bites, but only when i do the perch finger!
Posted By: ___JA

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 02:58 AM

Aww how sweet!
Posted By: tweetymom

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 03:32 AM

I love your Puddles stories, Carly Jo! And it sounds like you and she have made some progress!! And cuddling and snuggling! Awww, that's so sweet!
Posted By: baby blue

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 04:39 AM

the infamous perch finger!! froot loop has it figured out now to not stay on my finger because if she does, i am able to get hold of and restrain her if i need to. it's onto the finger for a millisecond and back of hand or arm... them shoulder. where she unhooks my sleeper ear rings! remember to get me some snaps... i can use them about now!!!

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 12:24 PM

Puddles give you joy and that is awesome!! We always love a good story so no, not thinking "UGH ANOTHER Puddles story" here!!! Keep them coming. wink
Posted By: peepers14

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 12:30 PM

thats do cute. i wish peepers did that to me....
Posted By: **mattie**

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 01:07 PM

awww. too sweet!
smile

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: peepers14
thats do cute. i wish peepers did that to me....

It takes time.
He certainly will one day.
He will.
smile
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 01:49 PM

Okay that is so cute, ima gonna come steal Puddles. See you in a bit, lol.

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 01:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Coco's Mama

Security!!!

heehee.
blush
Posted By: peepers14

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 09/05/09 04:53 PM

LOL. if i have 2 birds will peepers still fly to me? last time i did that i was eating a salad and that bird is obsessed with lettice so yeah.
Posted By: LuvMyPets

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 10/03/09 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Coco's Mama

lol

Re: Awww, puddles is so neat - 10/03/09 02:13 AM

Awww this was a good memory smile I remember writing about that. smile Warm heart!!!!

She is really a doll. She loves to fly to me and sit with me. She gets to go on my shoulder once in a while, but generally she hangs out on my forearm, or my legs if i am laying down. She loves buttons more then ever and its her personal mission to get every single one off of her space. She does not sleep on me as much. She can think of much better games to play, or things to chew! LOL SO i guess this was a rare special moment! She is slightly molting and craky right now. She discovered the pull strings in my hoodie one day. As well as the rim of my glasses and my nose. SHe lovs to nibble my glass rims if i lean down to her. Its still new and scary, so i have to play with my glasses first smile There is never a limit of things to do with a budgie. I bought a tiny plastic tamborine and she loves them LOL!!

PS i do have security set up, so dont even try smile
© 2021 Lisa Shea Forum