Lisa Shea

I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!!

Posted By: AyEe Y0o

I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/07/09 07:34 PM

Just a few days ago, I walked into Petland, I met up with this worker and we started talking right away... He was telling me this upsetting story about how his neighbor wants him to get rid of his Tiel...and he was looking for a home... (I guess it was fate for me to walk in Petland and talk to this guy...) but I told him that I'd think about it. So, later in the same week, me and my girl friend were talking and I told her how much I wanted a Tiel...and it... I just couldn't let this dream fly away from me...so the other day, I met up with him again and we exchanged information... So, today, April 7th, 2009 at 7:45-8 in the morning.. I took my carrying cage and picked him up...and he's home now with new toys and views!

I got some photos...

^^^ Serbie is the name!!! ^^^

^^^ Serbie perched! ^^^ Yay!!!

^^^ On top of the cage, on his gym! ^^^

^^^ His cage with toys and ladders! ^^^

^^^ First time I saw him eating! ^^^

(Also, if you Tiel owners have any good advice to give me, PLEASE...let me know...)
Posted By: Coco's Mama

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/07/09 07:48 PM

Awww so cute, wow how exciting. How come this teil has no cheek spots of orange?

I don't know anything about teils, I hear they are prone to night frights, that is about it.

I just wanted to say Congratulations!!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/07/09 09:26 PM

Congrats!!! He's beautiful. Best of luck with him.
Posted By: Darkness

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/07/09 10:48 PM

Very beautiful!

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 12:45 AM

Lol... Coco's Mom! He's not a REAL Tiel. =P

Just joking...there... =]

Awe, thanks... I feel the same way about him!!!

He's so cute...and such a nibble-er!

As soon as I nudge him to perch on my finger, he brings his head down right away for me to give him a good scratch!!! But if I don't, he starts nibbling on my hand and fingers in a very soft...way...like a baby!!! I think he is a very young Tiel...
Posted By: guess what?

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 01:18 AM

I am quite envious of you, what a beauty!!!

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 01:22 AM

You shouldn't be! He's bobbing his head right now like a rockstar...and going rah rah rah rah!!!! =P

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 01:30 AM

So fun!!! You will have to supply videos/pictures/stories now, you do realize.

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 01:37 AM

^^^ I see you! ^^^

^^^ CHIRP! ^^^

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 01:40 AM

Kyooot!! with 3 o's, lol.
Posted By: Kariva

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 02:29 AM

gorgeous birdy grats
Posted By: Tanaka

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 02:54 AM

:) [size:11pt][b]With all of those cute photos, you are obviously a proud papa! :cool: Did that cage (fourth picture) come home with Serbie, too? :grin: I’ve never owned a tiel, so I can’t give you advice, but good luck to you! :) [color:#990000]Congratulations[/color] on the addition to your family![/b][/size] :D
Posted By: tweetymom

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 02:55 AM

What a cutie! He looks just like he's smiling cuz he's happy to be there.

How come his owner couldn't keep him?

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 02:59 AM

The cage, toys and ladders are all mine... I took him back in my small carrying cage that I brought... The owner couldn't keep him because there was a lot of complaints...from his neighbors... But he's great now, with a new "wide" home, new toys and ladders...

He's bobbing his head and being a loud mouth. =]

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 03:13 AM

From the noise?

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 04:43 AM

I am guessing yes, teils can be very loud from what I have seen and heard and if they want something or someone oh boy!!! I wouldn't suggest them as apartment birds, I personally wouldn't want one either, well maybe if it was partially mute lol. They are so cute though, some have these perfectly round orange cheek patches omgosh sooo cute.

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 05:21 AM

My 4 keets, being right next to the window most of the year, are very loud! so I guess tiels are louder? But people at the other end of the complex tell me they can hear them and they like it. Also I can hear them when I'm downstairs walking Merlin, just chirping and screaming and having a good old time!

I love the sound of my birds. It's very soothing to me, even when I have to turn up the TV!

well, it sounds like the new tiel likes his new home. Good for him.

You just never know what's around the corner.

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 08:20 AM

Oh, he was on me a whole hour... preening himself on me, and preening me..., playing with my necklace...walking around my chest and stomach...

As soon as I put him in the cage, he wanted out! Lol

Kind of very cute but annoying since I was very sleepy...and he was chirping...

So I covered him and my keets and I took a power nap...

You know, he's just awesome...

My Serbie!
Posted By: Kisa_411

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 09:44 AM

he's so adorable!!!
smile
it sounds like you know what you're doing, so that's good
i think if you read lisa's info pages on keets you can basically apply them for tiels too
but you shoudl do a little more research just in case
laugh
Posted By: alratcliff

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 12:40 PM

he's very pretty I like the dappled gray. congrats!

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/08/09 12:54 PM

actually tiels are known for being the quiest of pet birds LOL

they can get loud, but ussually only when they want something they dont have or they need attention or are unhappy.

so basically if you keep them in a proper cage with good enrichment and pay attention to them they will be just fine.

they do like to squeal when you get home though but thats temporary and rather adorable.

smile

my tiels rarely make noise, if they do its whistling songs smile or if they get in a argument with each other lol

congrats, he is adorable !!!

the cage looks good, in time you may want to look into getting a bigger cage for him but for now its fine.

they are very good chewers, mine chewed up a wooden ladder in a matter of days lol and they routinely chew through the wooden dowel perches... thankfully they only cost a dollar at walmart or home depot LOL

get him lots of shreddable toys and paper type toys smile

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/08/09 04:11 PM

HELWA: Hmm maybe then it's whenever I go to the pet store, cos they see people and want attention, see now I have to take it back cos' I was mistaken..doh!

Coco says she challenges your tiel to a wood chucking contest.

Sorry Ayee hijacked your post... more pictures? The last one with the I see you caption , it kind of does look like Serbie is staring at me...the eyes follow me eek

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/09/09 04:33 AM

Helwa..., whatever you said made a lot of sense and it was proven to me today... When he is with me, he shuts up and plays with my hair and chain and he doesn't want off of me. Lol

I love him! I can play video games without him jumping off and being annoying... He just sits on my shoulder, stomach and preens and plays...

Here's a photo of him... when I left him for a second..

^^^ What?! Huh?! You there!? Come here! ^^^ LOL

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/09/09 04:35 PM

Awww that is stinkin cute. Kinda a funny stance like hey where you going??!!!!! Serbie is tiny.

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/09/09 04:46 PM

Serbie's saying " What?! Where do you think you're going! Get back here"!! OMG that is the cutest pic.

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/09/09 08:33 PM

He is SO cute!!

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/09/09 09:55 PM

Awwwww, he's such a cutie. Tiels are great pets, I'm sure you're gonna have a lot of fun with him smile

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/09/09 10:09 PM

You guys are making me want one!! I think they may be a bird that would not be allowed by the state of WI to be in the room with my daycare kids though. frown

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/10/09 03:58 AM

Lololol... Thanks for posting on my Thread still.. Guys, I have more photos of Serbie himself!!!

^SPECIAL ONE^

And, here's a clip of Serbie being goofy!

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/10/09 07:50 AM

AyEe, that little Serbie is so precious.

That bird in the pic with the subject(?) Special One, What kind of bird is that? And is he taking a bath?! He looks very interesting and a cutie.
Posted By: pretty bird

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/10/09 02:37 PM

OMG welcome to tiel land!!!!! They are so much fun and very loving birds. Our two can get noisy at times especially when they hear me come home and I don't go to them right away.
Beaker the baby parakeet is kept in the same room as my two tiels and Beaker really believes he is a tiel.

Beaker is like a little brother to them and is very much the pest. Beaker I believe also learned to talk pretty much from Nacho he is saying Pretty Bird like crazy and kind of sounds like Nacho voice. He also makes all of the tiel sounds as well.
The reason I say Beaker thinks he is a tiel is I have brought up a few parakeets and Beaker wants nothing to do with them. He only wants Tonto.

Anyway congrats. Beautiful bird by the way.

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/10/09 04:53 PM

ROFL at bath pic, so tiny under all that fluff, so cute.

OMGosh 2 Serbies are even better than one, does he/she chatter to the mirror?
Posted By: Sheerah

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to D - 04/19/09 07:11 AM

What a cutie! I love tiels. I had one for nine years until my dog ate her. I think you might have a female though. Typically, the males have the bright orange spots. Also, the males are more lyrical than the females. The females screech instead of sing.
Posted By: CRAZYOTAKU

Re: I've Adopted a Tiel and I Don't Know What to Do!!! - 04/19/09 01:26 PM

Very cute! I'll need to post some pics of mine up as soon as she is done laying eggs....again...
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum