Lisa Shea

Pics of Gun

Posted By: misspuss

Pics of Gun - 07/13/07 07:23 PM

Here's my sweet little, Gunny, Gun. I got him on Monday and he only squeeks if I play a parakeet recording for him, which I hate to do cuz he looks around like he's lost. frown He's only picking one kind of seed out of the seed mixture that I put in with his ZuPreem. Is that ok??
[img][IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i300/ksoukup/DSCF9265.jpg[/img][/img]
Posted By: WhitePegasus

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/13/07 07:58 PM

it will take him a while to settle in. give him a week or so to become familiar with his surroundings then he should start to be more active. I wouldn't' continue playing the parakeet sounds for him though. It will slow down his process of settling in. When he hears the sounds he thinks there are other birds, then when the sounds stop he thinks they have left without him. Just let him settle in on his own. The males tend to sing more and be more active so he should perk up in the next week or so. My two just came back from the pet sitter and already Opal (my male) is singing away and playing with his toys.
as far as the food goes, what did he eat at Petco? you may want to buy a little bit of that and mix them for a few weeks to get him used to the new food. slowly add less and less of what he ate at petco until he's only eating the new food. If he's eating the same stuff already it's probably just another adjustment issue and he should be fine soon.
Posted By: Four Keets

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/13/07 09:33 PM

I agree, it takes time for birds to get settled in. Give it time. You definitely have a beautiful little budgie.
Posted By: The_Zookeeper

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/13/07 10:06 PM

AWWW! I love the colors!!!!!!!
Posted By: LoRaXspeek4keets

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/14/07 03:53 AM

how ADORABLE!!!! he looks like such an innocent little bugger! smile
Posted By: big bad momma

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/14/07 04:43 AM

welcome to the forum.he's vry handsome and takes a great picture.when you get time read lisa forum on hand traing it will help you.by the way don't pay birds soundsit will confuse him and make it harder to bond with you. good luck

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/14/07 12:37 PM

I won't play any more birdie sounds. I thought that it would make it harder for him, but it's just so stinkin' cute when he looks around, chirping. I told the kids that we couldn't do it anymore and the he'll do it on his own soon. Poor Gun!! About the food, I am feeding him what he got at the pet store (not Petco, but it doesn't really matter) and I do mix it with the ZuPreem, he just never touches the stuff. OH, but he has started to eat the other seed in the store mix so that's a good thing. I can totally tell that he's getting more comfortable which makes me happy. He did play with one of his toys and he's eating in front of me now....YEEEAAAA!!! laugh Thanks for all ya'lls help, I need it!!! crazy
Posted By: Blue Rain

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/14/07 02:24 PM

Birds have their own quirks, including feed preferences. I wouldn't worry about him picking around the seeds, he probably needs time to settle in.

He is darling!
Posted By: sue!

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/14/07 03:41 PM

he. is. SO. cute.
Posted By: LoRaXspeek4keets

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/14/07 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Rain
Birds have their own quirks, including feed preferences. I wouldn't worry about him picking around the seeds, he probably needs time to settle in.

He is darling!

darling....yes! i like that word! he is indeed DARLING! laugh

and hey there sue! where've you been?!

cute birdie...and bule rain is right, my birdies are picky about their seed too--i wouldn't worry as long as he doesn't look too skinny, which would mean he's not eating enough. but he looks fine, and for the sake of nutrition, you might consider mixing his seed with organic baby food, and then trying to introduce him to fruits/veggies--it will ensure his health! smile

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/14/07 10:23 PM

AWESOME! Thanks for the idea. But today I hung some more fresh spinach (2nd time I've tried that) and today he pecked at it and was kind of exploring it! Today was a GREAT day! Little Gun was chirping and making some sort of hum sound. THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DIE! He was also playing with toys, etc. YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!!
Posted By: Sunittles

Re: Pics of Gun - 07/19/07 08:55 PM

Yep, those are just probably what he's used to.
And don't worry - He'll chirp soon!
I'd have to say you have an innocent, beautiful sweetie! grin He's sooo cute! I want to give him a little squeeze! crazy:laugh!
© 2022 Lisa Shea Forum